How about VTM sequel too?

qaz156

That's debatable.

Hardly.. WW did the right thing and ended the old setting which honestly was getting WAY to crowded/bloated for it's own good. I really like the lack of a meta plot in Requiem, since it gives the the whole vampire schtick more mystery and discourages the kind of mess that the old WoF story became in the end.

Can someone explain "thin blood" and how to avoid it?

Well there's Thin Bloods and there's thin blood. I'm not even sure if you can play a Thin Blood, but IIRC all playing a vamp with a lower generation meant was it took more experience points for some things. On the other hand you're less likely to be diablerized.

Father John liked rats.  ;)

You still need to drink blood as a thinblood but some can also eat normal food without having to regurgitate the meal, which is something a "true" vampire can't do. I should also mention that a thinblood can't embrace, another thing about the weakened curse of caine in their veins.

The thing is if they procreate wil the children that they have be vampires thin bloods or human?

I guess that the offspring would be like the ghoul families that exist in WoD. Those are the families that has been fed vampiric vitae for generations by their vampire masters. During the generations they have mutated to become "permanent" ghouls, i.e they keep their powers even if they wouldn't get any blood from their masters. IIRC the only thing they lose out on then is that they age normally.

Edited by Berserk

13th gen aren't thin bloods if I recall correctly. A character created by the VtM rules that doesn't spend points in the Generation background is gen 13 by default and they still suffer the curse (and gets the powers) fully.

Thin Bloods are generation 14 and higher. I think there are rules to play one in the book Time of Thin Bloods (or something like that). Thin Bloods didn't really appear in the VtM mythos (at least not in a prominent fashion) until that book was released.

Also, while Thin Bloods can't generally embrace (their blood isn't strong enough) it has been known to happen. There have been mentions of gen 15 and even 16 Thin Bloods.

As for the effect of lower generation, what it does is give you a larger blood pool and the ability to raise your powers higher. A normal vampire (generation 13 through :blink: can only have 5 points in a discipline or skill while a third generation can go as far as 10 points.