How about VTM sequel too?

qaz156

Since Troika went under, how about Obsidian does Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 for the pc? That game was awesome and I definitely think a lot of the designers at Obsidian would agree that that game was great. I would personally like to see Chris Avellone take a crack at it, since he likes the darker stuff anyway. Also if anyone knows the status of a sequel please let me know. But Obsidian, I would be pleased if you somehow found yourselves doing that project in the near future. IN fact I would be rather excited.

"To be, or not to be a real RPG, that is the question.

Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows

or outrageous action... or by taking up arms against a sea of crap and by opposing: end them."

I concur.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I agree with that whole heartily. Obs has the some of the people who did Bloodlines and they have other great people on their staff to make a good VtM game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Maybe this time around they would have the technical skills to not make the game "leak" and behave like a total system hog. Imagine the fluidity of Half-Life 2 in the world of Bloodlines.. I dig!

I would much prefer they switched engines completely though. As much as I enjoyed the incredible lip sync of Half-Life 2, I'd rather see bigger maps and less loading times in between them. Nothing kills immersion as much as constant loading screens.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Requiem setting would be good.

I like the Source engine on how it made the characters looked and the realistic backgrounds.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Well, the Unreal Engine 3 is the hot item of today, so basically I was hoping they'd use that engine instead. It supports streaming maps, so the possibility is there for game creators to make loading sscreens much less common. That's assuming that the invisible loading is as well done as in Dungeon Siege 2.. or GTA: San Andreas.. or perhaps World of Warcraft..

Also, there's a third party software that's usable with Unreal Engine 3 that can provide the same lip sync as in Half-Life 2. (http://www.epicgames.com/press_facefx.html)

Edit: Link messed up.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Wasn't there already a game that came out based on Vampire: The Requiem? I could be wrong, but I know there was a previous Vampire game before Bloodlines. I think it sold pretty well. It had a Dungeon Master utility that unfortunately didn't work at all.

Anyways, I'd love Obsidian to do a sequel to Bloodlines, but it probably depends on how well the original did. It was a solid title, so if it didn't meet the sales expectations, then I doubt we'll see a sequel.

There was a game called Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption. I liked VtM:B a lot, so I looked into this, but the reviews were mostly poor and I didn't fancy it.

I'd play a VtM sequel, but I wonder how commercially successful it would be since the first game is associated with Troika's collapse. With the fantasy film genre experiencing a revival, maybe there are some promising movie tie-ins for Obs. to look at?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Just as long as they keep the cheese factor out of it whatever engine they use it should be good.

If it doesn't have insta-rape werewolves, it's not worth playing.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"Wasn't there already a game that came out based on Vampire: The Requiem? I could be wrong, but I know there was a previous Vampire game before Bloodlines. I think it sold pretty well."

It bombed. And, with good reason. It was an awful, awful, awful game. POR2 awful - if not worse.

Even BL's weaknessses ar ebetter than that Vampire game's strengths. Horrid, horrid game. It gives me fictional nightmares just think about the horribility of it.

BL is a good but flawed game.

The other one is just BLANK.

And, LOL, about the werewolf.

Still, I seriously doubt this thread will go anywehrre. It's 99% guarantee that Obsidian will make BL2. Of course, now they will just to prove me wrong. Ha.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I will admit that I liked Bloodlines up to that point.

However I don't think Obsidian should do a sequel to Bloodlines. What I would like to see is a full WoD game that gives us a full city to play around in. From the depths of the sewers to the loftiest skyscrappers. Chicago would be cool.

Vampire: Redemption met with failure for being what Neverwinter Nights was but without the extensive technical support and the supportive fanbase.

I'm not sure there's the possibility of a sequel to Bloodlines still set in the Bloodlines mythos. Likely, it would be set in the Requiem era.

Edited by Role-Player