Jack Thompson now owns Take-Two

Diamond

Just because its legal it doesnt mean its right. Purchasing stock with the sole intent of disrupting a companys work is unethical.

You can't know if that is what he intends to do.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Just because its legal it doesnt mean its right. Purchasing stock with the sole intent of disrupting a companys work is unethical.

You're kidding, right?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

You're kidding, right?

Yes, it's a funny joke.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Indeed.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It sounds to me like ol' Jack wants to help the company out.

I hate this guy as much as the rest of you, especially since he thinks a shooter like Halo or Call of Duty can actually teach someone how to shoot - in his little letter to Take Two's president he mentioned thanking Microsoft for teaching Lee Boyd Malvo, one of the DC snipers, to do his thing - but let's say, for a second, that he leaves off on the Pat Robertsonesque rhetoric at this shareholder's meeting. If he does, he's actually got a valid point. Eibler's apparently been given all sorts of dubious accolades this year, and if Take Two's stock really has gone down the toilet, then a shareholder standing up to make a fuss about his leadership of the company isn't really all that out of place.

I think you chaps are right about all shareholders having a right to attend board meetings. I'm not sure I'd want to abrogate that for one nutcase. I'm sure there must be provisions that can still be invoked for - for example - speaking out of turn, threatening behaviour and so on.

Steve's mention of the Yaks is completely true. Although you have to put that in Japanese cultural context to understand how they were able to extort money in that way.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Um. He partially owns the company. How cna you stalk a company you own? WOWSERS!

Oh noes! The Doctors are stalking about Bioware! Oh noes, Feargus is stalking Obsidian!

HELP!!!

Feargus isn't out to destroy Obsidian. :thumbsup:

Feargus only destroy's his lowly minions, MCA has mention several times the harsh treatment that Feargus dishes out to the poor devs forced out of a need to eat have to put up with. Fear it's in the name.

*Begins to shake* :o

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me