Jack Thompson now owns Take-Two

Diamond

It may be old already, but still

Take-Two Gets A New Shareholder

Unfortunately for them it's none other than Attorney Jack Thompson.

Miami, Florida-based Attorney Jack Thompson today announced that he has purchased stock in Take-Two Interactive (NASDAQ: TTWO).

The news came as a shock, but it appears that Thompson isn't out to make a profit from the stock. Rather, Thompson bought the stock so he could attend Take-Two's shareholders' meetings. At the meeting, Thompson plans to raise the issue of Take-Two CEO Paul Eibeler causing Take-Two's stock to fall through "catastrophic corporate governance."

Why? Let him do whatever he wants, as long it's legal. If he brings up stupid points during the shareholder meetings, the others that are in to make a profit will just shoot him down. If they don't, then the company deserves to go down.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Um. He partially owns the company. How cna you stalk a company you own? WOWSERS!

Oh noes! The Doctors are stalking Bioware! Oh noes, Feargus is stalking Obsidian!

HELP!!!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Um. He partially owns the company. How cna you stalk a company you own? WOWSERS!

Oh noes! The Doctors are stalking about Bioware! Oh noes, Feargus is stalking Obsidian!

HELP!!!

Feargus isn't out to destroy Obsidian. ;)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

R00fles WOWSERS.

You know, "Vovser" is cutie-slang for "Doggies" in Danish. Tis some worthless triva for ya.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Maybe it would help if they hit him in the face with a frying pan? :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Or, ya know, sick a rabid dog on his privates. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

What he needs to do is just leave people alone. If people want to make games like that and sell them thatis their affair. If people want to buy games like that that is their affair. If he disagrees with it then he should just not buy or play their games. Problem solved.

For that to work, Hades, he'd need a certain degree of "sense". Since he's without even the barest semblance of "sense" this is going to go on, and on, and on, until one day, some gamer gets a bit too fed up and runs the guy down then beats his corpse with a baseball bat GTA style.

Then, his bull**** will be given credence by the actions of the very people who sought to discredit him.

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

What he needs to do is just leave people alone.  If people want to make games like that and sell them thatis their affair.  If people want to buy games like that that is their affair.    If he disagrees with it then he should just not buy or play their games.  Problem solved.

If he wants to buy stock from a company and then proceed to close it down, it's his affair. It's his money. It's a perfectly legitimate business practice.

And no, he's not harassing anyone. Being a lawyer, he most likely knows where to draw the line.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

What he needs to do is just leave people alone.  If people want to make games like that and sell them thatis their affair.  If people want to buy games like that that is their affair.    If he disagrees with it then he should just not buy or play their games.  Problem solved.

If he wants to buy stock from a company and then proceed to close it down, it's his affair. It's his money. It's a perfectly legitimate business practice.

And no, he's not harassing anyone. Being a lawyer, he most likely knows where to draw the line.

to do that he'd have to have about 50% of the company stock under his ownership... that means he'd have to be either a founding member of the company or he'd have to be friggin loaded to pull it off.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

As Numbers has said, he has the right to do what he wants. You guys can stop crying and making Jack Thompson hate shrines now.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Just because its legal it doesnt mean its right. Purchasing stock with the sole intent of disrupting a companys work is unethical.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't know much about US shareholder law, but I guess being a shareholder, even with a handful of shares, gives him certain rights at annual shareholder meetings, enough to attract press attention, disrupt 'business-as-usual', and alarm the major corporate investors. This is supposed to be one of the major trends of our times: growing shareholder power in response to corrupt management at Enron and the like.

An important source of revenue for the Yakuza (Japanese Mafia) is, or used to be, buying a small number of shares in a company and then threatening the bosses that they would disrupt shareholders meetings and damage the company's public image. In order to avoid this, the bosses would pay money for the Yakuza to stay away.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)