Who still posts at BioBoards?

Bokishi

No. Bio sucks.

Then who's the other Volourn, who's a proud game owner of NWN + addons and Jade Empire, that posts there? :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just go there to see the portraits I have access to. I think I post once a year. There are actually some pretty decent fellows in the technical help section, but the rest of the forums seem pretty overpopulated and unimportant. Not that we discuss important topics...it's just less crowded here.

Crashgirl has an awesome avatar. It's definitely JA2.

I used to post there lots but its too tightly moderated. You cant talk politics, you cant do sharp jokes, you cant do anything! Any thread thats even the slighest bit controversial gets shutdown immediately aswellas as any thread where two posters do anything but pat eachother on the back.

And the board is so slooooow!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I used to post there lots but its too tightly moderated. You cant talk politics, you cant do sharp jokes, you cant do anything! Any thread thats even the slighest bit controversial gets shutdown immediately aswellas as any thread where two posters do anything but pat eachother on the back.

And the board is so slooooow!

Thats the only bioboard i've ever seen, i've never tried posting so i cant comment on speed.

I joined their boards when I got NWN. I've never posted though. I just go there once in a while to check on Dragon Age.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"Any thread thats even the slighest bit controversial gets shutdown immediately aswellas"

This post is 100% false unless your idea of 'controversial' is skewered to a high degree.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't believe it's that draconian. I have received unofficial warnings, however. Of course, I've received gentle questions regarding some of my posts here, also. It is a little more staid and stuffy over there. That's the problem. I tend to distrust places that seem stuffy by my standards.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I lurk too.

^Same here. BTW, it might just be me popping up at the wrong time, but somehow I get the impression that the overall maturity of the topics discussed there has reduced from the time when the NWN2 forums were here at Obsidian. Whenever I go there I see topics like "NWN2 could learn a lot from <insert favorite MMORPG here> don't you think?" and "Make the <insert favorite class here> more balanced for PvP!".

Sure, I've seen some quality topics as well i.e. some discussions on resting and stealth implementation but overall, I'd say that the majority of the people posting there have a radically different view of NWN2 when compared to my own expectations, and that's the main reason why don't post there. Oh, and also because their weird "bioboards" are way to slow for my pathetic 56k modem connection.

I was there for a little while in the KOTOR days. There was a really nice guide there to basic D&D stuff like attack rolls and saving throws, as well as a character building guide. I think they realized that with KOTOR they were going to have a large influx of Star Wars fans who were not familiar with math-intensive games, and so kudos to them for their patience.

Of course, once I initially came here for KOTOR 2 news, I never went back to Bioware's boards. The people and discussions here are much more interesting.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

"Any thread thats even the slighest bit controversial gets shutdown immediately aswellas"

This post is 100% false unless your idea of 'controversial' is skewered to a high degree.

Well, it is a bit exaggerated yes. But threads were an unexpected opinion was ventilated tended to be shut down rather quickly.

Generally its not a very free area of discussion. I mean, Jay Watamaniuk goes around giving lectures on how to maintain and most of all control a forum community. The part about "supressing negative feedback" was quite interesting :(

edit: and Mr. VOlo.. please do use the quote function. If you just skim a thread it will look very much like youre having an argument with yourself.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I check them out from time to time. It is pretty much beating same ol' topics to death over and over again, if you ask about NWN2. Nothing interesting is going on.

Quoted for great truth. I rarely go there anymore but when I do its either to a) bother Gaider, b) because I saw something relating to Bioware over at the Codex and decided to comment on their boards, and c) see the result of widespread contamination of the gene pool.