I think I have found the "True Sith"

I think that that the "True Sith" everyone talks about in KOTOR 2 are the Yuuzhan Vong, a race of religious zealots that live outside of known space, supposedly the force does not flow through them and they cannot be tracked through the force or effected by it, They seek to invade the galaxy and convert everone to thier beliefs, they also refuse to beleive in the force which may be the reason for their immunity to force powers.

I found these fact out at these 2 sites :

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starw...w20020523aliens

http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/yuuzhanvong/

I know I already made a comment like this one a previous thread, but I would REALLY appreciate some input on this, I think I may be on the verge of a breakthorugh, or at least the plot of KOTOR 3 :blink:

No! Theya re not the true sith.

then what exactly are the Yuuzhan Vong? I mean, they basically embody their beleifs and seek the death of all who oppose them, they also hate the force and probably seek the death of that as well because it would not effect them because the force does not flow through them.

then what exactly are the Yuuzhan Vong? I mean, they basically embody their beleifs and seek the death of all who oppose them, they also hate the force and probably seek the death of that as well because it would not effect them because the force does not flow through them.

The Yuuzhang Vong appear looooooooooooong after the KOTOR era. They appear after SW: Ep6. If you notice, it the starwarsdatabank thing you posted talks of the New Republic and Galactic Alliance. Neither are mentioned in the KOTOR era. In KOTOR2, the Republic survived, whether you chose Revan to be LS or DS. Besides that, you'll notice that the starwarsdatabank on the Yuuzhang Vong mentions Luke Skywalker and friends many a time. I don't think they would ever be close to alive in the KOTOR era.

Did you read through it properly? If you read through the datanbank thing again, you might understand better.

It is true however, that in KOTOR1, the Yuuzhang Vong get a brief mention in one of Canderous' stories, though they aren't specifically named.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Y'know, I was thinking about the Yuuzhan Vong in relation to the "True Sith" at one point...

Perhaps I'm mistaken about something, but, as I recall, the Yuuzhan Vong's backstory, according to The New Jedi Order, was...

...they were once a part of the Force in the same manner as most other lifeforms, but then their (living) homeworld stripped them of it and left them connected to the Force only on a level at which they could no longer interact with it and most other Force users could no longer interact with them through it.

What I'm going to say would depend on how long before The New Jedi Order that supposedly occured.

Y'see, I was thinking...if some of the "Ancient Sith" survived the war with the Galactic Republic those many years ago and fled to the Unknown Regions, perhaps that group's culture -- while maintaining the philosophies of the Sith -- changed and evolved such over the years that biotechnology and some other early elements of what became the Yuuzhan Vong's beliefs and customs were integrated into it. Therefore, if Revan and the Exile were to confront "pre-Yuuzhan Vong Sith" in a Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III, the tale would perhaps end with them not dying out and becoming extinct, but, rather, becoming disconnected from the Force (reminiscent of the Exile's own experience). That would leave them alive, but their existence and presence still commonly unknown throughout the galaxy, for their culture to be impacted by their loss of the Force and for them to slowly become the Yuuzhan Vong over the next four thousand years.

Besides, all the pictures I've seen of the "Ancient Sith" (like Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow and such) and the Yuuzhan Vong seemed actually vaguely similar, apart from the latter's self-inflicted mutilations and scars and so on.

I can only imagine there's something wrong with all that and that it'll be pointed out to me, though.

Edited by Grant Dempsey

The Yuuzhang Vong appear looooooooooooong after the KOTOR era. They appear after SW: Ep6. If you notice, it the starwarsdatabank thing you posted talks of the New Republic and Galactic Alliance. Neither are mentioned in the KOTOR era. In KOTOR2, the Republic survived, whether you chose Revan to be LS or DS. Besides that, you'll notice that the starwarsdatabank on the Yuuzhang Vong mentions Luke Skywalker and friends many a time. I don't think they would ever be close to alive in the KOTOR era.

Did you read through it properly? If you read through the datanbank thing again, you might understand better.

It is true however, that in KOTOR1, the Yuuzhang Vong get a brief mention in one of Canderous' stories, though they aren't specifically named.

Thank you for clearing that up

So far, alot of you are wrong. The topic starter is wrong. And whoever said the Vong were only around during the NJO is wrong. Remember Canderous's story about the asteroid. Matches that of the Yuuzhan Vong but they fled the galaxy.

I place my bets on DeathScepters theory.

Edited by Wild Storm

I am starting to dislike the true sith. They are dead. Go read the tales of the blood Jedi comics to see for yourselves.

Those Ludo Kresh guys... :huh:"

I dont dislike or like True Sith. They are just part of kotor universe to me. Besides, I always thought kotor as trilogy even before rumors of k2, dunno why. :p

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Y'know, I was thinking about the Yuuzhan Vong in relation to the "True Sith" at one point...

Perhaps I'm mistaken about something, but, as I recall, the Yuuzhan Vong's backstory, according to The New Jedi Order, was...

...they were once a part of the Force in the same manner as most other lifeforms, but then their (living) homeworld stripped them of it and left them connected to the Force only on a level at which they could no longer interact with it and most other Force users could no longer interact with them through it.

What I'm going to say would depend on how long before The New Jedi Order that supposedly occured.

Y'see, I was thinking...if some of the "Ancient Sith" survived the war with the Galactic Republic those many years ago and fled to the Unknown Regions, perhaps that group's culture -- while maintaining the philosophies of the Sith -- changed and evolved such over the years that biotechnology and some other early elements of what became the Yuuzhan Vong's beliefs and customs were integrated into it. Therefore, if Revan and the Exile were to confront "pre-Yuuzhan Vong Sith" in a Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III, the tale would perhaps end with them not dying out and becoming extinct, but, rather, becoming disconnected from the Force (reminiscent of the Exile's own experience). That would leave them alive, but their existence and presence still commonly unknown throughout the galaxy, for their culture to be impacted by their loss of the Force and for them to slowly become the Yuuzhan Vong over the next four thousand years.

Besides, all the pictures I've seen of the "Ancient Sith" (like Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow and such) and the Yuuzhan Vong seemed actually vaguely similar, apart from the latter's self-inflicted mutilations and scars and so on.

I can only imagine there's something wrong with all that and that it'll be pointed out to me, though.

I like the sound of this idea. I know a lot of people don't like this 'true Sith' idea but i do, and this would be a good way of doing it while keeping the SW timeline intact. :huh:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I think that that the "True Sith" everyone talks about in KOTOR 2 are the Yuuzhan Vong, a race of religious zealots that live outside of known space, supposedly the force does not flow through them and they cannot be tracked through the force or effected by it, They seek to invade the galaxy and convert everone to thier beliefs, they also refuse to beleive in the force which may be the reason for their immunity to force powers.

I found these fact out at these 2 sites :

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starw...w20020523aliens

http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/yuuzhanvong/

I know I already made a comment like this one a previous thread, but I would REALLY appreciate some input on this, I think I may be on the verge of a breakthorugh, or at least the plot of KOTOR 3 :lol:

You're joking, right? Yuuzhan Vong != Sith.

It's pretty obvious who the 'true' Sith are and who they aren't.

Sion, Nihilus, Traya, Kreia, the whole crowd in TSL, aren't the 'true' Sith. They're simply Jedi corrupted during the Wars. Exar Kun and Ulic are also not 'true' Sith, they're fallen Jedi. Revan and Malak are not 'true' Sith, they're Jedi corrupted by their lust for power.

The 'true' Sith are the Sith who survived the Hyperspace War and fled into the Unknown regions. They are mix of actual Sith, Kresh's followers, and Dark Jedi.

wha? that's screwing with the entire history of the yuuzhan-vong. they are from a different galaxy for pete's sake.

Well, I can see that the Yuuzhan Vong might be some allies of the True Sith. But being the True Sith themselves? No.

The Yuuzhan Vong would probably not go into negotiations with the Mandalorians to attack the Republic. They would attack it themselves.

Other than that, I like the idea of Grant Dempsey.

Master Vandar lives!

Every time I hear "True Sith" I think to myself, "What the hell were they [Obsidian] thinking?"
I hope LA forced this... otherwise, my image of Obsidian is somewhat ruined...

look at the cut content, this was originally thought of as a self-contained story....a Dr Who story with lightsabers.

but then the publisher wanted it to be a cliffhanger..."true sith" (more than anything else) makes it a cliffhanger.

the easiest way to make true sith work with SW continuity is to say they are the descendants of the followers of Sith Lord Ludo Kresh. His followers have never been accounted for in the comics (after the Great Hyperspace War).