Another weird thing...

Commissar

I would but I don't have the money to travel three thousand miles to argue with your wife.

I'm telling you though, they close up their breathy holes, curl up and play dead, then walk off when you've left.

I haven't heard about Lysol before, have to try that.

I like spiders, they eat the other bugs that bother me, we have colonies of Daddy Long Legs spiders in most the corners of our house, they eat the flies and moths, and leave us alone.

I would but I don't have the money to travel three thousand miles to argue with your wife. 

I'm telling you though, they close up their breathy holes, curl up and play dead, then walk off when you've left. 

I haven't heard about Lysol before, have to try that. 

I like spiders, they eat the other bugs that bother me, we have colonies of Daddy Long Legs spiders in most the corners of our house, they eat the flies and moths, and leave us alone.

Who leaves a dead spider to just rot in a puddle of Raid? I would normally agree with the they "leave us alone" policy, 'cept I think we crossed that line with the whole trying to cocoon Commissar thing.

And you might want to reconsider. She's pretty hot, Russian and all. She might make it worth your while. You can come search every inch of the mattress and move the bed frame around, too. I'll be at the club, just do whatever you're going to do before I come home, and we'll pretend it never happened.

They eat mothmen?

Oh and ffs kill em all Child, kill em kill em kill em kill em!

:- I never thought I'd find something good about the 6-8 months of cold weather we have here, but finally! :p

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

They eat mothmen?

Nah, they fear us. :thumbsup:

Commy, it's not unusual that you didn't find any spiders. The little buggers usually leave their webs up but beat it once morning hits. If I were you, I'd also check the vents, any cracks or holes in the wall, and underneath any furniture. By the way, just how big was this web, anyway? :blink: Luckily for me, most spiders we get are little garden ones. We did however have this one mamoth spider than made a web outside one of our windows and stayed there for over a month.

Meh. And here I was thinking you were a tough-ass veteran...

The ****-blocking side effect must be somewhat of a nuisance, though. I'll give you that.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't know about CoF, but B. Widows will die to being sprayed with insecticide. It just takes many repeated sprays and an hour or so. Tough buggers. Far better to stomp them, as he said. They can also create some of the toughest web globs for their size and general class. Could make rope out of it if you had enough. haha

I'm no spider expert, but I have studied them (and insects in general) off and on over the years. I find them fascinating...as long as they're not in my bed. :x I still think that's so freaky. I've never heard of that before, outside of horror fiction. A couple strands now and then, sure, cause they leave behind their anchors when they crawl around, but....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Commisar...

I like spiders a great deal and will only kill brown recluses if found in my house. All others ( including Black Widows ) I will relocate to the crawlspace under my house.

That being said, spiders usually go to where there is ready food. Now other than grizzled Commie, spiders like ants so you may want to look around for signs of ants.

Also, spiders are not the only things that spin webs. Try searching on the net using the terms webspinners+insects and see what comes up. I have a piece of amber with a critter in it that looks like a winged ant that is actually a webspinner ( worth about $500. I paid $80 because the seller thought it was an ant ).

Vasha moosh eta ooprek! ( ask you wife what that means ;) )

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

...happened to me this morning, and I thought I would share it with everyone.

When I woke up, I was covered with spiderwebs.  Covered.  My wife, sleeping right next to me, did not have a single one on her.  When I informed her of the situation, she freaked the hell out, as I was myself rather on the verge of doing, and despite a good hour and a half of hunting - I even called in to work to tell 'em I'd be late - we couldn't find a single spider.  I am at home once more, but I think I might spend the night in a hotel.

It appears that you seem you have an Iraqi Camel Spider living under you bed:

large-camel-spider.jpg

And given that they move at 10mph, you'll see him come an go before you can bat an eyelash. So no need to worry, for you won't see a thing. ;)

Oh, and in the likely event that the mischevious fellow chomps and bites, simply wait for the cyst of the bite lump to rupture, pack it in with gauze & antibiotics (for it's too large to stitch you see), and wait for 4-6 weeks. When all's said and done, you'll be the proud owner of your very own penny sized scar! No, no my friend - there's no need to thank me...just thank the brave men and women of the US Army deployed in Iraq.

spider-bite.jpg

---

spider11.jpg

"Camel Spiders - things that make you go 'noooo'!"

close-spider-bite.jpg

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"

manthing2.jpg

I might've made a good doctor...those pictures don't bother me at all.

Then again, my gag-reflex for bad smells is very high, so...scratch that. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

spiders are pretty little creatures why do them harm.? They are prob hiding in underneath ur bed.

Because they apparently tried to tie me up and steal my wallet last night. Plus, the wife hates them, and I don't really like being obliged to stay awake until she's asleep, dutifully holding a flashlight and a can of Raid.

Your new email:

Commissar@wiped.com

Hmm, so your saying these spiders are puritan?

Or Republican.

If you would have tried with out the maid uniform and in the "standard" position the spider might leave you alone and let you have at it.

You do realize that Raid will not kill spiders don't you?

Not sure if about raid or Lysol but if you hit it with hair spray it will at least slow it down some what. Plus if you get a lighter you can make roasted spider. Yum. ;) And if it is true they move ten miles an hour that might be your best bet for killing it let alone seeing it.

Note: I don't recommend the hair spray flame thrower because I have a friend that tried it once and we now call him stumpy.

Edited by PhantomJedi

National Geographic showed a tribe of hunters that ate roasted tarantulas. First they twisted off the back (terminology?) and squeezed out the eggs into a banana leaf, roasted that and ate it (turned gooey cake from gooey slush). Then they roasted the remainder, peeled it and ate it (including cracking open the legs to get the meat). They said it's like crab.

In the end, they used the fangs as wicked toothpicks.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

National Geographic showed a tribe of hunters that ate roasted tarantulas.  First they twisted off the back (terminology?) and squeezed out the eggs into a banana leaf, roasted that and ate it (turned gooey cake from gooey slush).  Then they roasted the remainder, peeled it and ate it (including cracking open the legs to get the meat).  They said it's like crab.

... :wub:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

National Geographic showed a tribe of hunters that ate roasted tarantulas.  First they twisted off the back (terminology?) and squeezed out the eggs into a banana leaf, roasted that and ate it (turned gooey cake from gooey slush).  Then they roasted the remainder, peeled it and ate it (including cracking open the legs to get the meat).  They said it's like crab.

I think I say that episode too.

... :wub:

... :(

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Insects can be pretty tasty, actually.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.