Another weird thing...

Commissar

...happened to me this morning, and I thought I would share it with everyone.

When I woke up, I was covered with spiderwebs. Covered. My wife, sleeping right next to me, did not have a single one on her. When I informed her of the situation, she freaked the hell out, as I was myself rather on the verge of doing, and despite a good hour and a half of hunting - I even called in to work to tell 'em I'd be late - we couldn't find a single spider. I am at home once more, but I think I might spend the night in a hotel.

LSD and PCP tend to make a person hallucinate.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Weird. Absolutely weird. The only thing to do is go to sleep again and see if it happens again. Just make the wife sleep on your side of the bed. hahahaha

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Oh, they won't eat you. They'll bite you and you'll probably just have some spider bites. Of course, if you're allergic to spider bites, you might not wake up. Just make sure you have an epi-pen and your wife knows how to use it.

Seriously, you're probably just going to have to tough it out until next week. It's not any worse than being in the field. I'm sure you've had to deal with all sorts of crawling critters.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Oh, they won't eat you.  They'll bite you and you'll probably just have some spider bites.  Of course, if you're allergic to spider bites, you might not wake up.  Just make sure you have an epi-pen and your wife knows how to use it.

Seriously, you're probably just going to have to tough it out until next week.  It's not any worse than being in the field.  I'm sure you've had to deal with all sorts of crawling critters.

Yeah, I ain't allergic to them, but we've got poisonous varities around here. And it's significantly different than being in the field, you bastard. This is my house, g'damnit.

Edit: Those camel spiders over there, by the way? Like something out of a horror movie.

Edited by Commissar

hehehehe Comedy. I dunno. It would drive me crazy, but I still don't see a solution until you manage to get pest control out there. I don't think that's happening earlier than Monday and probably no earlier than Tuesday.

Our variety of poisonous spiders, true for Child also, don't tend to like being in a house. They'd rather be in some dark area like a garage or some such. Their webs tend to be assymetrical. Hopefully you don't have any poisonous variety actually in your home. Even so, most poisonous spiders where we live, on the west coast, aren't going to kill you with one bite. They'll probably just make you really sick. On the other hand, I wouldn't put that to the test. Doesn't sound very pleasant.

Obsidian Plays

Black widows can make themselves very at home in a cupboard. One time my dad opened up the cupboard and was fumbling around for a glass in the dark, turned on the light, big ol' black widder sitting under the glass he has his hand on and is about to pull out of the cupboard. Damned if he knows how it got under there to this day.

hehehehe  Comedy.  I dunno.  It would drive me crazy, but I still don't see a solution until you manage to get pest control out there.  I don't think that's happening earlier than Monday and probably no earlier than Tuesday.

Our variety of poisonous spiders, true for Child also, don't tend to like being in a house.  They'd rather be in some dark area like a garage or some such.  Their webs tend to be assymetrical.  Hopefully you don't have any poisonous variety actually in your home.  Even so, most poisonous spiders where we live, on the west coast, aren't going to kill you with one bite.  They'll probably just make you really sick.  On the other hand, I wouldn't put that to the test.  Doesn't sound very pleasant.

You know, I always thought the worst sleeping experience with insects I'd ever have was a BOQ in Florida. Woke up with two roaches running around in my hand, and I'd feel them running across my face all night. And Florida roaches are huge. I think I'd prefer that to this, though.

What I don't understand is what the hell this spider(s) was up to.

Also, Black Widows at least are near impossible to kill aside from running up and smooshing them.

If you use bug bombs or bug spray, they slow their damned metabolisms and close up their breathing holes (ventricles is the corect term I believe) until the poison has dissisipated, then walk off. Course they curl up like they're dead while they're doing this, so you don't know they lived until you come back to where you sprayed down eight or so of them an hour ago and not a one is there still.

We have tons of black widows here. There's always one in our house somewhere.

Cobwebs all over you in the morning...that is freaky. >_<

"They're coming to get yoooouu, Commissar."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts