Splinter Cell 4

Darkside

My friend that first told me about SC4 said while working with the terrorists, Sam ends up in prison. I imagine that's where his head gets shaved. And his pretty daughter he's always looking after? Dead. This is sucking so bad.

sig2.gif

I thought both first and second game were abysmal, but the third one's demo took me by suprise. It was more than decent. I'd get the full game, but I don't really trust the reviews.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think it's good that they're trying to reinvent themselves a little. Ok, so they failed that with Warrior Within, but still.. It's better than just doing like EA and barfing out the same game with new textures every single year, while incrementing the number in the title by one.

Go Ubi! Brave attempt at least!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And The Two Thrones is a decent work too.

Ubi is destined for great things.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Sam Fisher, meet the Exile

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Hmm...well, bargain bins it is, then.

kirottu said:

I've only played the demo but the level there felt intense and the music was incredibly good.

kirottu said:

hmmm. I have a copy of Chaos Theory which I've yet to play. Haven't even opened the box actually. One of these days I should do so, maybe. Actually its a little embarassing the number of unopened games sitting on my shelf. KOTOR 1 still has the wrappings on it. :huh:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If you can get it cheap, I'd highly recommend it.

I think the story is pretty tight, and the characters are all really well done.  I love the chatter between Sam and Grimmsdottir

Oh yeah. :lol:

Grim: Lasers are so

Sam: 70's?

Grim: I was going to say 90s.

Sam: Stop making me feel old.

Grim: Sorry Sam, but you are old.

All of them are really good, but Chaos Theory just took the cake. I loved it.

And I'm not saying Double Agent will be bad. I'm saying it's a serious risk to completely overhaul a game. Improvements are good. Changes can be better. But remodeling should be saved for things that truly need it. The game may be a lot better, it may be a lot worse. I'll have to watch the reviews before I touch this one. But I really wish they hadn't killed Sarah.

sig2.gif

Is it "really" that much of an overhaul?

When I read the interview at the link it didn't seem like that big of a change IMO.

In reality? Probably not. In my mind? Enough to make me worry. I'm known to exaggerate heavily. It's not the mechanics that are bothering me so much as the overall feel of it. It's just... different. I'll most likely love it, but until then it seems funky to me.

sig2.gif

Is it "really" that much of an overhaul?

When I read the interview at the link it didn't seem like that big of a change IMO.

In reality? Probably not. In my mind? Enough to make me worry. I'm known to exaggerate heavily. It's not the mechanics that are bothering me so much as the overall feel of it. It's just... different. I'll most likely love it, but until then it seems funky to me.

What feels so different about it though? The only real difference is that there seems to be alternate paths. It still sounds like there will be a heavy amount of sneaking around in the game. I don't get where people say "Warrior Within all over again" or anything like that.

I guess it is different in that it's not "Do missions for Lambert." Sounds like he started off like that, but then got captured.