Guild Wars

PhantomJedi

Should I buy Guild Wars?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy Guild Wars?

• Yes.
    • No.

GW was my first MMORPG....it is fun (and the online service is free) and it is widely believed to be the most story-focused MMORPG out there at this time.

still, it is such a time sink and the fact that you have to cooperate with others at certain times in order to advance the story is something that I find cumbersome.

for me, the single-player cRPG and adventure game is where it is at.

You can get pretty far in the story-based game without help in GW actually. Even past the desert. Just not easy...

Here's my take on it: It's free, but even so, I got bored of it a lot faster than WoW, primarily because there is very little exploration factor...your path is pretty well laid out for you in a linear fashion, although there is some exploring, dont get me wrong...just not as free and open like WoW and some other on-line action-RPG's.

But...hey, it's free...and if you like PvP and can find good teammates (the random matches aren't that great), it's cool.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's lonly... that's the main complaint I've heard about it on the COH boards (another title put out by the people at NCsoft). Usually people try it but if they ain't Ubernastrum the PVP man! they either go to WoW (because they are lemmings) or to COH (because they either came from it or like a community that helps rather than yells NEWB! at everything)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I truly enjoyed Guild Wars... and probably will play it again when the expansion comes out. Mind you, I have just started World of Warcraft and like it much more; but it costs much more as well.

I highly recommend Guild Wars. It does exactly what it sets out to do, and does it brilliantly. Much of the game can be solo'd using computer-generated "henchies", or the more social can group for the entire game. You can join a guild; you can remain guildless. Tons of options available. Great fun game.

(BTW, I hated Diablo, and really don't see the comparison with Guild Wars. *shrug*)

Edited by ~Di

you could buy it...or just wait for nwn2  :p

Two things wrong with that:

A) I have a spending problem in the fact when I have money I try to spend it as quickly as possible.

B) I am not that patient and want glorification now

Wrong forum.  This belongs in the Computer and Console section.

Don't really care.

Finally! Somone brave enough to stand up to the Hello Kitty Bully!

Two things wrong with this:

A) Your afriad of him? :)

B)Your afraid of someone online. :)

Two things wrong with that:

A) I have a spending problem in the fact when I have money I try to spend it as quickly as possible.

B) I am not that patient and want glorification now

Hehehe I'm definitely a B.

The A goes up and down...when it's up, there's no 'try' - just do. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts