PhantomJedi

Do you go hunting?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you go hunting?

• Heck ya, proud member of PETA.*
    • Yes.
    • No.
    • Never, proud member of PETA.**

One day, one day I'm going to open an amusment park. I'm going to put 45 hunters in a big open field with no weapon, and dunk the in barbeque sauce. Then I'm going to let wild animals lose and watch the hunters get eaten alive. I'll make millions. Of course, we'll have a coupon day so that even poor people can enjoy it!

Hunting is wrong. Killing a defensless animal who did nothing wrong is pointless. To anybody who thinks it's "a manly thing to do" should join the army. At least the people you'll be shooting at there will know how to shoot back.

I don't care much for the taste of wild animals so no.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

One day, one day I'm going to open an amusment park. I'm going to put 45 hunters in a big open field with no weapon, and dunk the in barbeque sauce. Then I'm going to let wild animals lose and watch the hunters get eaten alive. I'll make millions. Of course, we'll have a coupon day so that even poor people can enjoy it!

Hunting is wrong. Killing a defensless animal who did nothing wrong is pointless. To anybody who thinks it's "a manly thing to do" should join the army. At least the people you'll be shooting at there will know how to shoot back.

You live in the city dontcha?

Here in the country, it's still wild enough that the herbivores and small carnivores (birds of prey and such) are around, but whenever a large predator like a mountain lion or bear shows up, we either shoot them or relocate them, because they're dangerous not only to the livestock but the people. Personally I don't really agree with this practice, but because of it, the ecosystem is out of whack and the prey populations skyrocket. Hunting is a neccessity if only to keep the prey populations healthy. When there's too many deer, they run out of food and start getting sickly and dying.

Hunting just seems so pointless. If the animals were packing guns then yeah, your trophies are something to be proud of, but shooting defenseless animals... lol?

If you want a real blood sport play RTS :p

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

You live in the city dontcha?

Here in the country, it's still wild enough that the herbivores and small carnivores (birds of prey and such) are around, but whenever a large predator like a mountain lion or bear shows up, we either shoot them or relocate them, because they're dangerous not only to the livestock but the people. Personally I don't really agree with this practice, but because of it, the ecosystem is out of whack and the prey populations skyrocket. Hunting is a neccessity if only to keep the prey populations healthy. When there's too many deer, they run out of food and start getting sickly and dying.

!!!

Kiling animals for sort is barbaric. I eat meat from the store but its already too late for those cows, might aswell eat them.

There are people who claim that if you stop buying meat, more people will follow your example and wed all go veg. "Consumer power" I think its called. Ayway its false and naive, just lke saying that if we all were nice to eachother, thered be no crime.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't hold with causing needless suffering. However, growing up in various countrysides has taught me that the animals themselves have a very relaxed definition of 'need'. I'll hunt anything if I think it will be delicious, safe in the knowledge that a blow out of nowhere is typically at least as good as death in a slaughterhouse. It's also a shade or two better than getting torn apart in the wild.

Having said this I find 'manly' hunting pretty repellent. There's nothing macho about besting a deer when you have every advanced piece of kit.

As for hunting purely for sport, I don't think it is wrong. Merely sub-optimal. As a friend once put it: "Why do I go angling? Why, for the satisfaction of outwitting the fish, of course!"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Did you?  :blink:

Seriously? No. eww.

Unseriously, yes i had a bad break up with a horse - well mare to be exact, i aint a filthy gay, lol - and it left me bitter and hating animals ever since.

Whats wrong with a good stud. :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Why do people hunt whales? Is it such a profitable enterprise? Don't whalers realise that they are mortgaging their professional future?

I'm no animal rights nut by a long shot but i find it odd that whales are still hunted. Fox hunting is a waste of time as is campaigning and legislating against it even moredo now that now you can only hunt a rag with some scent :)