PC Gamers, ahoy!

Meshugger

Namco making a PC Warhammer Fantasy game? Weird.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I like how he describes the Gothic series. :wacko:)

Also looking forward to Gothic 3, Spore, Oblivion and the Witcher.

Too many MMORPG's on that list.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

As for the topic at hand, I'm very excited about Company of Heroes! It seems pretty ambitious, with the ability to utilize full physics and having the AI recognize what is appropriate cover and whatnot. Could be the successor to Close Combat I've been waiting for!

I'm also interested in 82nd Airborne in Normandy. I loved the demo for 101st Airborne in Normandy, but I was never able to pick it up before it upped and vanished like a fart in the wind.

As for the topic at hand, I'm very excited about Company of Heroes!  It seems pretty ambitious, with the ability to utilize full physics and having the AI recognize what is appropriate cover and whatnot.  Could be the successor to Close Combat I've been waiting for!

I'm also interested in 82nd Airborne in Normandy.  I loved the demo for 101st Airborne in Normandy, but I was never able to pick it up before it upped and vanished like a fart in the wind.

It may be a good game, but it will NOT be a successor to Close Combat. It will be a successor to Dawn of War, with improvements regarding micromanagement and so on. The devs have already stated that they'll be building on DoW's success and retaining the fast pace of that game. I've kind of lost interest in the game because of that. I'd rather just stick with Faces of War - another type of WW2 game, the sequel to Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 (which is already out, and which already has fully destructible environments with realistic physics, and AI knowing to take cover behind bunkers/walls/craters/vehicles and getting out of grenades' way). The difference is that this game has a direct control mode that allows you to get in 'action' mode with one of your units. Add to that a built-in 4-player coop mode that can play through all the missions available in the game. Coop > all.

The successor to Close Combat is Red Phoenix http://www.closecombat.com/future/future.html

And it looks like the dev team will consist of a lot of members of the old CC team.

http://www.closecombat.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

In any case, after this thread, I've finally looked into Combat Mission. I am definitely looking forward to the upcoming ones, especially once 'CoPlay' is made available.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Wasn't STALKER supposed to come out last year? I'd heard great things about it, and then it just dropped off the radar. Hope it's still up to snuff when it comes out, 'cause it's a truly unique concept for a shooter.

Glad to see that Akella's finally going back and making a true successor to Sea Dogs in Age of Pirates. Little disappointed to see that there won't be a new Total War game out, though. Some of those RPGs look pretty interesting, though I haven't heard of most of them.

Wasn't STALKER supposed to come out last year?  I'd heard great things about it, and then it just dropped off the radar.  Hope it's still up to snuff when it comes out, 'cause it's a truly unique concept for a shooter.

Glad to see that Akella's finally going back and making a true successor to Sea Dogs in Age of Pirates.  Little disappointed to see that there won't be a new Total War game out, though.  Some of those RPGs look pretty interesting, though I haven't heard of most of them.

STALKER was sheduled originally to december 2003. It's been delayed ever since.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy