Extended LotR versions

Darth_Schmarth

How many hours have you spent watching LoTR in total? Including theatrical release.

Hmm...considering I saw all three in the theater, then rented each one when they first came out on DVD, then rented the extended versions as they came out one by one, and then bought the extended 3-set when it first came out a while back, plus toyed with capturing stills and avi's, I'd guess....um....too many.

But still not as many hours as I spent watching Terminator1 back in the late 80's.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

But I dont think theyre good enough to buy anyway, Ive go the book, dont need the hollywood dung.

The Lord of the Rings is not even a Hollywood movie. :blink:

No? :)

Bob Weinstein  ....  executive producer

Harvey Weinstein ....  executive producer

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

But I dont think theyre good enough to buy anyway, Ive go the book, dont need the hollywood dung.

The Lord of the Rings is not even a Hollywood movie. :)

No? :wub:

Bob Weinstein  ....  executive producer

You are being selective with the truth, who else is on that list? Aside from New Line, what other production companies were involved?

Production Companies

* New Line Cinema

* WingNut Films

* The Saul Zaentz Company (licensor) (d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises)

Produced by

Peter Jackson ....  producer

Michael Lynne ....  executive producer: New Line Cinema

Mark Ordesky ....  executive producer: New Line Cinema

Barrie M. Osborne ....  producer

Rick Porras ....  co-producer: WingNut Films

Tim Sanders ....  producer

Jamie Selkirk ....  co-producer: WingNut Films

Robert Shaye ....  executive producer: New Line Cinema

Ellen Somers ....  associate producer (as Ellen M. Somers)

Fran Walsh ....  producer

Bob Weinstein ....  executive producer

You need to have ImdbPRO to get the full production information. The regular imdb doesnt distinguish between real producers and people who merely get credited as executive producers as part of their contract.

But a Hollywood film is a Hollywood film, no matter if its filmed in Bogota with a Pakistani Director. It is the suits behind it who dictate the terms and have complete control of how it reaches the theatres.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

...and Peter Jackson is quickly becoming a Hollywood blockbuster name.

I'm still looking for the answer to the one below, though: Did I forget something from the books or what's the story here...?

I do still take issue with the role reversal of Faramir and Boromir; I don't see that it served much purpose.

:(

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

*sigh*

Hollywood is the U.S. Film Industry. It doesn't matter if Americans funded it or not, it wasn't made by the U.S. Film Industry. It was made by the New Zealand Film Industry. The same arguement can be made against your point by saying WingNut is involved. It proves nothing.

Edited by TrueNeutral