please help!

so i was playing through kotor 2 for the umteenth time. i had finished everything and all i had left to do was to go to dantooine and face the remaining jedi. i took this time and went to nar shaddaa to upgrade my saber. when i selected the work bench in near docking area however, i found that the breakdown value of all the items i had in my inventory had been dramatically reduced. most items i had could only be broken down into one or two components. i tried some other work benches, same problem. bummer. so i finished the game and then started a new character. the same thing happened! so far, i haven't been able to get it back to normal. what is going on here? how do i fix this?

I don't recall exactly, but I think you needed a repair of 15? 20? or so to get max value during breakdowns....and until you reached the magical skill number what you get stays fairly low....

Plus, in the beginning/early of the game, most items pretty much have a default value of 1 (or 2, 4, 5, 10 etc), no matter what your skill. The items just aren't 'worth' much.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts