Believe

Gabrielle

I'm just full of starting new topics recently. Posted below is a part of a song, it raises many questions to those who believe in the one true god or any other higher being. It's a dialogue that occurs towards the end of a song called "And when He Falleth" by ToT.

That cross you wear around your neck;

is it only a decoration, or are you a

true Christian believer?

Yes, I believe - truly

Then I want you to remove it at once!

- and never to wear it within this castle

again! Do you know how a falcon is trained my

dear? Her eyes are sown shut. Blinded temporarily

she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until

her will is submerged and she learns to serve -

as your God taught and blinded you with

crosses.

You had me take off my cross because it

offended....

It offended no-one. No - it simply appears

to me to be discourteous to... to wear

the symbol of a deity long dead.

My ancestors tried to find it. And to open

the door that seperates us from our Creator.

But you need no doors to find God.

If you believe....

Believe?! If you believe you are gullible.

Can you look around this world and believe

in the goodness of a god who rules it?

Famine, Pestilence, War, Disease and Death!

They rule this world.

There is also love and life and hope.

Very little hope I assure you. No. If a god

of love and life ever did exist... he is long

since dead. Someone... something rules in his

place.

Well, no matter what anyone says I'll always believe in God.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I disagree with the love, life and hope part. I am an atheist, and I do believe things can change. The present is just in a rut right now due to certian groups imposing their, pseudo-science and delusional teachings on many. I still believe there is atleast hope for more love and life. I know I live life with love at the present, just like all of us do, we just don't live life with love globally.

How can their be world peace, what are the steps we would have to start it? We have the united nations, thats now looking less and less influencial, the country I come from treats the UN like the UN owes it something, not good.

There is also a fear of globalizations because culture will suffer, we will be one miserable melting pot with everything in common, how horrible! I work with this racist guy at work, he says some of the cruelist things nonchalantly, he just doesn't get it, i ask him what race he is, and he says white, but hes HUMAN! we are all human, some have adapted differently to their surroundings for better chance of survival, does that make them not human? Do any of us get to pick where we are born? no, so isn't it silly to have pride for where you live? Maybe we should spend less time on our differences and more time on what we have in common, or rejoice in our differences for now we have a variety. :D

If we are all connected or effect eachother one way or another maybe we should all lend eachother a bit of a hand, many people don't have time to help others somehow.

As for beliefs, people can believe what they want to, I know I do. I really don't want a thought police roaming around whos going to throw me in jail over a speghetti monster ^_^ .

We are not completely rational beings, some people like to feel emotions more then others, some like to express themselves in art, some stare at their ceilings thinking of questions unanswered. We shouldn't judge a person by his belief either, a good person is a good person. Every person has their own unique belief anyway due to how their brains intrepret the world.

I'm really rambling :x ...

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I hate racism. I agree that there is only one race, the human race. Also the human race is one of the sickest, twisted creatures on this planet. We destroy the environment, kill each other for some uncaring diety, and live in am age of avarice and hubris.

I know God exists and he is one sick bastard.

I hate racism.  I agree that there is only one race, the human race.  Also the human race is one of the sickest, twisted creatures on this planet.  We destroy the environment, kill each other for some uncaring diety, and live in am age of avarice and hubris.

Yea, rascism doesn't just hurt the other guy, it really can hurt the person who is rascist. If your going to live, why live it with hate, Their only making their own world smaller and miserable by doing so.

Myspace Website!

My rig

I hate racism.  I agree that there is only one race, the human race.  Also the human race is one of the sickest, twisted creatures on this planet.  We destroy the environment, kill each other for some uncaring diety, and live in am age of avarice and hubris.

Yea, rascism doesn't just hurt the other guy, it really can hurt the person who is rascist. If your going to live, why live it with hate, Their only making their own world smaller and miserable by doing so.

One problem with racism is that it is fueled by discrimination but humans simply love to discriminate. We surround ourselves with the familiar and distance ourselves from the unknown and seemingly strange. We place our patriotic feelings above our love for the human race and we do not care for what we cannot see or understand. Personally, I am more and more convinced that one cannot even speak of love if one cannot be fair and just in the first place.

The human animal is a strange thing. It is capable of the greatest act of kindness and caring yet is the most savage beast to ever walk upon this world with it inflicting suffering on it's own and other creatures. We create the greatest works of art, literature, music, yet we create the greatest things of destruction from that sharp kitchen knife to the Polaris missile.

We are in the day and age where our god is technology and it rules over us, yet we created it. It's there to comfort us or to destroy us. Since this new age has come to be, there has been less caring with our fellow kind, less helping those who need it or seek it. We are controlled by material wealth and what power we can gain at the lost of ourselves.

If there was ever a time when we needed a god or Goddess to help us find our way back, it is now. Yet we do not hear from you. You no longer care about Your creation us the caretakers of your world nor the world itself. If You are so just, so full of love and forgiveness where are You? Where is the love and forgiveness?

If this is how You wish to abandon us, than so be it. I turn my back on You and reannouce You. I shall seek my path without You in the dark road we must travel to find the reason why we are here, why do we exist.

<End seriousness>

What I have gone through my life, what I see happening in and around the world, I question my faith and the Goddess.

Edited by Gabrielle

I read an intresting article that Metadigital pasted once about communism and pne of the reasons why it is just simply not possible. Basically it said that the size of the monkeys brain typically shows how many people will fit in his bubble, its the amount of people that he is able to care for, the larger the bubble the more people he is able to care for. The norm is 50, Well someone slipped these scientists a slighter larger brain that could hold 150 beings in its bubble for an ideal society Surprise this was a human brain!

So maybe we aren't mentally conditioned naturally to do communism because we can only fir 150 people in our bubble? Still it can be learned to care for the people outside your bubble.

Naturally communism didn't work because nobodies mind was conditioned to help the other guy with a willingness. The real goal was just to get ahead of the other guy. Since only 150 people were in the bubble, that still leaves roughly 6billion people out of it.

I still have the link.

Monkeysphere Link

As for belief in God I have a skeptics mindset, I only have the senses i am aware of, and with those senses i do the best that i can do. I use my best judgement and go from there. I have a mind and i will continue to use its to the greatest depth possible.

Heres a good question for everyone that had me stumped for awhile:

What is conscious living?

Edited by WITHTEETH

Myspace Website!

My rig

society decays as it moves further from god as do the people who conduct the same act.

You are so right! Things were so great and perfect in the old days, none of this gay people or lying, you know why? Becaue we could SMACK THE **** OUT OF KIDS AND WOMEN! There was no rascism, only slaves. No unjust wars, only just for the bloodshed of the young.

Edited by WITHTEETH

Myspace Website!

My rig

time is cyclic, its not like this is the first time a society has decayed nor the first time the belief in god (any) was unpopular. the cruelest part of being a human being is not commiting the evil, but living with the evil and knowing deep down in your heart that you would do it again because your flawed. i say this because no matter how rational and advanced we think we are it comes down to one thing, your still human and you need something to believe in (meaning). i think gaby was saying this, our need to believe in something creates a god, but if you have never truly rested your faith in god you can't understand how true the belief is. the belief creates more than safety it creates inner benefit (it makes you a better person) this provides the serenity all humans are searching for (the reason behind our search for a belief).

Hmm...I tend to think that some people look at religion as another opportunity to elevate themselves in society or in any organization. Or rather those people use religious organizations as an external impetus rather than a internal one.

Sure they might not admit it to themselves or even realize it, but wherever people gather connections are made, deals are struck and hierarchies are formed. People can flaunt their power, exercise their influence or brag about whatever new doodad they have...all the while congratulating themselves on their moral superiority in their religious beliefs.

Of course, I also think that the majority of people in religious organizations are there because of their faith and the will to do good(at least in their eyes). The problem is that people with more earthly objectives end up with all the power and influence through politics, rumors, the forming of factions and whatnot.

But wait...this wasn't what the thread is about.

Yes, well on faith, I think people should believe in themselves more rather than what a certain religion tells you to believe. But only if it were that simple huh?

moreKOTORplz, thats your legitimate perspective.

I'd like to think of myself as a god, or aspiring ubermensch who is able to change, change without the need of faith in one so blind to me. Why do we always look outward for answers when if we dig deep deep inside of ourselves we have the answers, the meanings we need. When we study ourselves and see the meaning behind what causes our prejudices, and fears why fear and be prejudice anymore? For most this isn't possible, i am certainly not there yet, but i aspire to none the less.

Your God is only one place to get answers out of many, and so is mine. We all took some kind of leap in faith, and neither of us are going to budge from our beliefs. So what now?

You can call me flawed, but i'd prefer you call me WITHTEETH :D

Myspace Website!

My rig