When will it end?

Gabrielle

When will it end? I just saw on the news today another person from my state has died in fighting over there today. We never should have been over there in the first place. Damn Bush and his little personal agendas. I bet we would have been in and out of there quicker than now if his daughters were in the service, over there.

This is starting to smell like another Vietnam to me. A political war disguised as a "freedom war" .

When will it end? I just saw on the news today another person from my state has died in fighting over there today. We never should have been over there in the first place. Damn Bush and his little personal agendas. I bet we would have been in and out of there quicker than now if his daughters were in the service, over there.

This is starting to smell like another Vietnam to me. A political war disguised as a "freedom war" .

Hey, my state is one of the hardest hit from this war, how do you think I feel? :(

And this war is many things, but Vietnam it's not. For one thing, Vietnam was a hell of a lot worse casualty-wise for us. And the Iraq war is much more of a war for freedom than Vietnam was, and unlike Vietnam, some things over there are actually improving.

It will end when there's no more terrorists around.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There have been over 2000 deaths in this Iraqi Freedom. FOr what? To oust a powerless dictator, get the rest of thw rold pissed off at us, and to go after some make beleive WMDs?

The lives lost and the resources spent is a waste. That is all it is. A worthless waste.

There have been over 2000 deaths in this Iraqi Freedom.  FOr what?  To oust a powerless dictator, get the rest of thw rold pissed off at us, and to go after some make beleive WMDs?

The lives lost and the resources spent is a waste.  That is all it is.  A worthless waste.

Well, I'm sure the victims of Saddam's torture chambers, not to mention those resting in the mass graves, will agree with you.

Are they Americans? No.

I take care of my own. I mind my own business, I take care of my friends, and my family. If these guys can't do the same then that is their problem that they need to fix on their own. If they can't then thats their problem, not mine.

Edited by Judge Hades

Are they Americans?  No.

That's their problem and not mine.

I guess nothing is, in your own little fantasy world of apathy and indifference. Me, I'm inclined to think those who bare the scars of Saddam's brutal regime are at least a little grateful that someone took him out. I think if you were living in those conditions, you'd be grateful that someone helped you out. And in case you haven't figured it out, some people can't help themselves. That doesn't mean they deserve to be ignored. ;)

It will end when there's no more terrorists around.

I've changed my mind. The war will end when George Bush says so.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The only person that has ever helped me is me alone. I do my own thing and make my own way through life. I help others when I feel it is appropraite but only immediate family, which is only my mother really, or one or two close friends. If a person cannot survive on their own without the reliance of others then they are at fault.

That is how the real world works. If you rely too much on others you become a liability. If you cannot take care of yourself you become a parasite. I learn long ago if you are going to be anything in this life you have to do it yourself and not expect or take handouts.

Helping the weak will only keep them weak. However if they show the drive to better themselves on their own teaching them to be more self sufficient would be the next step. Problem is that the Iraqi people, as a whole, went limp and let the dictator rule them like he did. They deserved Saddam.

Edited by Judge Hades

The only person that has ever helped me is me alone.  I do my own thing and make my own way through life.  I help others when I feel it is appropraite but only immediate family, which is only my mother really, or one or two close friends.  If a person cannot survive on their own without the reliance of others then they are at fault.

That is how the real world works.  If you rely too much on others you become a liability.  If you cannot take care of yourself you become a parasite.    I learn long ago if you are going to be anything in this life you have to do it yourself and not expect or take handouts.

Helping the weak will only keep them weak.

That's a very skewed, and I'm sorry to say, selfish attitude to take. And this is one reason I'm glad people like you aren't in charge of the world. I don't know if you realize it, but much of the good that comes from this world is when people actually try to look after each other. And another thing, it's not always someone's fault whether they're weak or not. Helping is how the human race, or any species for that matter, survives. Helping the weak doesn't make them weak. They're human beings, too. Of course you have to be able to do things yourself, but you have to extend a helping hand or accept help when it's due. Ultimately, helping others is what helps make us human. ;)

Selfish yes, but that is how the real world works.  There is death, pain, and misery.  Nothing much else.  You have to keep your own store in order if you want to get ahead in this world.  That is what life has taught me.

And the world will continue to be that way as long as people like you hold on to that mentality. Just because there is death, pain, and misery doesn't mean we have to accept it. Life has taught me that humans have the power to make the world a better place. Only by doing good will good come about in this world. That is all I'll say. ;)

Edited by Mothman

That is a very naive attitude. Turn on the news and see what good there is. Go out there on the streets and see how people act towards one another. Join the military and see first hand what the "military mindset" teaches you.

i have been on this earth for almost 33 years. I have seen nothing good on it.

Edited by Judge Hades

We went after Iraq under the false pretense of WMD and freedom to the Iraqis. If we are such a good hearted country, there are plenty more countries where the people suffer under brutal and dictorial regimes. Like our good buddies Saudi Arabia. But we don't do anything against those countries because they are either our "friends" at the moment or there is no benefit for us to invade them. Iraq has a large oil reserve that Bush would like to get his hands on.

That is a very naive attitude.  Turn on the news and see what good there is.  Go out there on the streets and see how people act towards one another.  Join the military and see first hand what the "military mindset" teaches you.

i have been on this earth for almost 33 years.  I have seen nothing good on it.

No, not naive. Rather, optimistic. Of course you won't see all that much good on the news, but it's still there (the news also tends to ignore good developments. People tend to be more interested in the bad things happening around the world.) I haven't been in the military, but I know plenty of people who have (my own sister included), and would definitely disagree with you. I think your problem is you don't see any good because you just aren't looking. Open your eyes. ;)

Edited by Mothman

I have.

I have seen ministers raping children. I have seen soldiers killing unarmed civilians. I have seen corproate big wigs rake in the cash while the people they lord over live in misery. I have seen politicians lie, wage needless wars, and the such just to feed their own hubris. I have seen people kill each other for some worthless God that deoesn't even give a shat. My eyes are open and I see the human race without redemption.

Edited by Judge Hades

I have.

I have seen ministers raping children.  I have seen soldiers killing unarmed civilians.  I have seen corproate big wigs rake in the cash while the people they lord over live in misery.  I have seen politicians lie, wage needless wars, and the such just to feed their own hubris.  I have seen people kill each other for some worthless God that deoesn't even give a shat.

Really?

And what about the ministers I've seen paying out of their own pockets to feed someone in need? I've seen soldiers helping civilians in foreign countries. I've seen schools organizing fundraisers to help victims of hurricane Katrina. I've seen people take bombs off buses in order to save the occupants within (some of you have probably heard of this story). And I've seen people from my own country go to places like Haiti and sleep in the dirt in order to help the suffering over there, and in fact in the name of a God who may in fact give a shat. "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these...you did for me."

Edited by Mothman