The Movies

Hurlshort

I'm surprised no one is talking about this one. I got it for Christmas and I've been very impressed. It's a decent little sim game about the movie industry, but the ability to play a sandbox game and create your own movies is pretty powerful. There are just tons and tons of movies popping up on the internet, and a few are pretty good.

I've only created really bad movies so far, but the movie making tools seem pretty easy. You can record your own audio, or even create subtitles.

Anyone else playing this?

I'm surprised no one is talking about this one.  I got it for Christmas and I've been very impressed.  It's a decent little sim game about the movie industry, but the ability to play a sandbox game and create your own movies is pretty powerful.  There are just tons and tons of movies popping up on the internet, and a few are pretty good.

I've only created really bad movies so far, but the movie making tools seem pretty easy.  You can record your own audio, or even create subtitles.

Anyone else playing this?

I sure have, and it is indeed very impressive I really like it!

It's certainly possible to create some interesting things, it comes off to me as a doubley useful package.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

while playing I always got annoyed when I got to points where I had to wait a few years before I could research anything else. Then I realized I had developed CG effects in 1964.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So is this game something else han the usual Liongead game of hiding a mediocre game with a lot of peripheral features that doesnt by far make up for the lack of story & gameplay?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

When it comes to sims, you don't need a story, Kafty.

I was thinking about picking up this game once I finished a couple other new ones I currently have. How well does it run, anyway? I have Sims 2 on my computer but it tends to be very skippy. My computer's also an ME and is 4 years old, so that may have something to do with it.

If you're looking for a story, then this game is not for you.

My roommate has been playing it, and has made some pretty hilarious videos.

An interesting thing is that the game doesn't seem to care about homosexuality. This is probably done to protect themselves, but it was kind of funny watching a movie that featured (by accident too!) two men in a very intimate relationship.....in 1930.....and it was the highest rated film of all time!

He made a hilarious action movie too, that was all over the place. It got 1 star, but damn was it funny to watch.

You can put them online through the game itself. This is definitely the strongest Lionhead game to date, very unique with a good deal of depth. If you want to make movies, get the game. Anyone have any good ones to link to? I need a lot more practice before I'll put one online.

The system requirements aren't horrible, but if you can't run the Sims 2, then it might be tough.

Ok I am doing something wrong... perhaps someone can give me some advice on the sim part of the package.

Long story short, I keep going bankrupt. by the 60's or 70's. LOL

I *think* my issue is this, when ever a new script bld opens up I demolish the old and build the new. However the newer the script bld the more time/ppl it takes to make a movie. So my movie output per yr goes down as my costs go up. And I eventually go deep into debt by the middle of the game.

Should I keep a old and new script bld and use the older to pump out quick movies, for cash revenue and the new to pump out high quality? Or is there something else I am totally missing?

Any input appreciated.

Oh and how the hell do I get more people to join my studio? My orginial plan would have worked if I wasnt so short on crew and extras!

Edited by Rhomal

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta