Vampire, the Masquerade info

Atreides

Could someone please summarise (well, feel free to go in-depth too) what the setting's about, who owns it and why it's cool? The Santa Monica part's all that I know about it and it's piqued my interest.

Google isn't being very helpful. Maybe I should try wikipedia.

Kthx.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

The new version "Vampire: The Requiem" fixed a lot about the mess that the World of Darkness had become because of WW flooding the market with too many ****ty addons that had trasformed it from a nice game about vampires in the modern world, to a game where Vampire ninjas hunted cyborg magicians with magic swords through a world where there were more supernatural creatures than actual humans.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The new version "Vampire: The Requiem" fixed a lot about the mess that  the World of Darkness had become because of WW flooding the market with too many ****ty addons that had trasformed it from a nice game about vampires in the modern world, to a game where Vampire ninjas hunted cyborg magicians with magic swords through a world where there were more supernatural creatures than actual humans.

The cyborgs were the last straw, weren't they?

Anyway any promising PC/Console RPGs coming through anytime soon?

Spreading beauty with my katana.

There was a Werewolf: The Apocalypse game coming a few years ago, in which you could transform from normal Hume(humie) to Garou(the cookiecutter werewolf) to Lupes(a true wolf) and had different abilities with each form. The hume one could carry guns and manipulate things, Garou was a tank and Lupes could scent, run fast and travel to Umbra(spirit world). Too bad it was cancelled, I think.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I tried playing Mage, which is the mad wizardy thing. It made my head hurt. I felt like the actor in the Stargate episode where they are making a show about a stargate, and he can't work out what is real and what is not real.

Scene: MdL is talking to PdL"

MdL: This isn't a real show?

PdL: No. It's not a real show.

MdL: If it's not a real show, then why are you telling me what to do? How could this not be a real show if we're doing it? Right now?

MdL: Am I getting paid real money?

PdL: Yeah you're getting paid real money.

MdL: So what plane of reality are we on right now? "

(transcribed by Lizzie Ann, whoever that is)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah. An unnecessary rebuild, too. You don't need to take into consideration for your campaign that in book X of the Demon spinoff, it's stated that Lucifer is actually loose in NY, or that some crazy ass wizard blew up a nuke in the netherworld and started the end of all things in one of the Mage plots.

You take what you like, and disregard the rest. It's not like the Bible, ffs.

Just some more proof of the C.R.E.A.M. factor.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I think WWs mass-ejaculation of old WoD material was more C.R.E.A.M than VtR. I know around 1998 when I was a WW forum monkey, Justin Achili was talking about how much he wanted to reboot Vampire with a more pure variant that would feature only 5 clans amongst other things.

The problem with the WoD and the billion or so games and sourcebooks that were released for the metaplot was taken very seriously by the fans. They were even worse than SW fans in their discussions about WoD "canon". It didnt help that WW were very strict in enforcing canon in their books and novels either, it just helped to create this idea that if youre going to play Vamp or Mage or whatever you HAVE to folow the metaplot and include all he stupid **** from the plethora of books avaiale.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think WWs mass-ejaculation of old WoD material was more C.R.E.A.M than VtR. I know around 1998 when I was a WW forum monkey, Justin Achili was talking about how much he wanted to reboot Vampire with a more pure variant that would feature only 5 clans amongst other things.

Yeah, I guess the idea of having all the fans he had trained to frantically be up-to-date purchase a new series of books didn't really set him back, either. That's ok I guess, everyone has to make a living. :blink:

The problem with the WoD and the billion or so games and sourcebooks that were released for the metaplot was taken very seriously by the fans. They were even worse than SW fans in their discussions about WoD "canon". It didnt help that WW were very strict in enforcing canon in their books and novels either, it just helped to create this idea that if youre going to play Vamp or Mage or whatever you HAVE to folow the metaplot and include all he stupid **** from the plethora of books avaiale.

Yep, I agree with that. It was a real mess. But then again, what is "canon" and what is not doesn't really matter to me, unless it substracts from immersion. Therefore, I'll keep playing VtM for the time being. The Requiem books rank really low in my priorities list.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I dunno about the new setting -- do they still use giant gobs of handfuls of dice for Dice Pools?

The rules are about the same. Loads and loads of D10's