help me

Do you have Visas in the party? If not, board the Ebon Hawk, and you will get the missing part.

I didn't get it. I got second part of lightsaber. Went to Nar Shaddaa first. How long do you have to wait if you go NR first? I am nearly at Gotos Yacht! :) Someone said that you dont even have to quests...*sigh*

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

On every planet, you can get two lightsaber parts: one when you complete a certain quest, another one when you complete the planet.

Here is how assembling a lightsaber works: you gather parts of a lightsaber at "reward points" until you have all three parts (emitter, energy cell and lens) available. If you also have a color crystal (if you don't, just buy one from Samhan Dobo on Telos or Daraala on Dantooine), you can talk to Bao-Dur and create your first lightsaber. After that, you will receive lightsabers of a random type (long, short, or double-bladed) instead of lightsaber parts at these "reward points".

You receive lightsaber parts (and later lightsabers) at the following points:

- after completing the Ithorians' quests on Telos (don't know about Czerka);

- if you triggered the Nihilus/Visas cutscene, then, after you leave Atris' academy, land on any planet, exit the Ebon Hawk and re-enter it, Visas will appear - defeat her to get a lightsaber part;

- after completing the "Intergalactic Reunification" quest on Nar Shaddaa and talking to Lootra (LS only as far as I know, also a good opportunity to raise influence on Atton, Bao-Dur, Disciple or Handmaiden if Kreia is also in the current party);

- after escaping Goto's yacht and meeting Zez-Kai Ell;

- after rescuing Jorran on Dantooine and asking him about the items he found, you can buy a lightsaber part and two upgrades for 1000 credits (if you are DS, just kill him instead of rescuing and loot the corpse);

- after the Battle of Khoonda (whomever you side with);

- after earning Mandalore's respect and the right to travel from Dxun to Onderon;

- after releasing Dhagon Ghent;

- after looting Lonna Vash's corpse in the Sith Academy on Korriban;

- after defeating Revan's ghost in the Secret Tomb.

Also, there are several more lightsabers which you can acquire indefinitely:

- behind the security door guarded by Vogga's kath hounds, there is a yellow double-bladed lightsaber;

- one of the three Dark Jedi Masters in Freedon Nadd's tomb drops a red double-bladed lightsaber;

- inside Freedon Nadd's sarcophagus, there is a unique bronze short lightsaber. (Curiously, items you acquire in the tomb are available during the return to Onderon, although the events are supposed to happen simultaneously.)

If you wait for a lightsaber, it will be all the more sweet when you finally aquire one.

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

If you want more sabers, Dantooine is the best place to start after you leave Telos.

You'll have one part from the Ithorians / Czerka (depending on who you helped).

You can get one more part from Jorran, and another part by tampering with the will found on the salvager's corpse in the Enclave sublevel (talk to Zherron after that). That makes three parts, and you can then construct your lightsaber. If you need a color crystal, then buy one from the ugly lady in the salvagers' camp.

You don't even need to finish Dantooine, and can then travel to whatever planet you want, saving the rest of Dantooine for later. Once you get back to your ship, defeat Visas, and get a whole saber. You'll have one saber for yourself, and another for Visas, and you can pick up more sabers in the locations mentioned in the posts above. If you do Nar Shaada next, you can have three more sabers; one for Kreia, one for Atton, and one for Bao-Dur, if you play your cards right.

• 5 weeks later...
On every planet, you can get two lightsaber parts: one when you complete a certain quest, another one when you complete the planet.

Here is how assembling a lightsaber works: you gather parts of a lightsaber at "reward points" until you have all three parts (emitter, energy cell and lens) available. If you also have a color crystal (if you don't, just buy one from Samhan Dobo on Telos or Daraala on Dantooine), you can talk to Bao-Dur and create your first lightsaber. After that, you will receive lightsabers of a random type (long, short, or double-bladed) instead of lightsaber parts at these "reward points".

You receive lightsaber parts (and later lightsabers) at the following points:

- after completing the Ithorians' quests on Telos (don't know about Czerka);

- if you triggered the Nihilus/Visas cutscene, then, after you leave Atris' academy, land on any planet, exit the Ebon Hawk and re-enter it, Visas will appear - defeat her to get a lightsaber part;

- after completing the "Intergalactic Reunification" quest on Nar Shaddaa and talking to Lootra (LS only as far as I know, also a good opportunity to raise influence on Atton, Bao-Dur, Disciple or Handmaiden if Kreia is also in the current party);

- after escaping Goto's yacht and meeting Zez-Kai Ell;

- after rescuing Jorran on Dantooine and asking him about the items he found, you can buy a lightsaber part and two upgrades for 1000 credits (if you are DS, just kill him instead of rescuing and loot the corpse);

- after the Battle of Khoonda (whomever you side with);

- after earning Mandalore's respect and the right to travel from Dxun to Onderon;

- after releasing Dhagon Ghent;

- after looting Lonna Vash's corpse in the Sith Academy on Korriban;

- after defeating Revan's ghost in the Secret Tomb.

Also, there are several more lightsabers which you can acquire indefinitely:

- behind the security door guarded by Vogga's kath hounds, there is a yellow double-bladed lightsaber;

- one of the three Dark Jedi Masters in Freedon Nadd's tomb drops a red double-bladed lightsaber;

- inside Freedon Nadd's sarcophagus, there is a unique bronze short lightsaber. (Curiously, items you acquire in the tomb are available during the return to Onderon, although the events are supposed to happen simultaneously.)

I've finished Nar Shadda, and am one step away from finishing Dantoinne. All i have is my special lightsaber, and one short lightsaber that i think i got from Voggas kath hounds. How am i missing out on getting lightsabers? I don't remember getting one from Zez-Kai Ell, I think he just took off to meet me later in the game. He did teach me a form... but didn't give me a lightsaber that i can find in any of my inventory.

Are you sure this list is accurate? ;)) I have lots of Jedis, but only one decent lightsaber...

I'm impatient to get my lightsaber, too.  That's one of the best parts of this game (well, Kotor1) using a lightsaber!

Most people who play the game would probably agree with you. Star Wars is all about Jedi and lightsabers, however interesting some other aspects might be.

I think Obsidian were trying to make you work harder than Kotor 1 to get your lightsaber, so that you would appreciate it. I think they should have made it harder without making it take so much longer - you get it about 1/3 into the game or so, right? Maybe if the ending had been more substantial, it wouldn't have felt so long.

Everything always comes back to the weak ending. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Sikon, that's very helpful. I didn't know about the lightsaber part when you defeat the Revan vision.

Question:How do you get into the locked door in Vogga's room? Whenever I go near it the Kath Hounds bark at me.

A thought just occured - is it something to do with Beast Control? Can you calm them and then stroll through?

Sikon, that's very helpful.  I didn't know about the lightsaber part when you defeat the Revan vision.

Question:How do you get into the locked door in Vogga's room? Whenever I go near it the Kath Hounds bark at me.

A thought just occured - is it something to do with Beast Control? Can you calm them and then stroll through?

Answer is under below.

Go to the catina and get some Juma Juice. Once you are at Voggas place, put the juice in the hounds water dish. A cutscene will show them drinking it than they will pass out. Than you should be able to go and pick the lock on the door.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Sikon, that's very helpful.  I didn't know about the lightsaber part when you defeat the Revan vision.

Reading it Sikon forgot another saber- The one you get from the Khoonda Military leader (forgot name) for the Forged Scavanger Wills

And about the saber in the Kath Hounds

Use stealth to sneak to the thugs in the Flophouse who tell "you cannot sneak up to them". After you heard the convo and activated the Vogga's Hoard quest, go to the cantina (NOT Jekk Jekk Tar) and buy Juma Juice.

Now it is getting hard... not because it is hard, but because this part is SEVERLY bugged, so be carefull!

Hopefully, you (or Handmaiden/Mira) haven't danced before Vogga yet. Do so (also in cantina). After that give the juice and open the door.

If you danced before hope you haven't waked him up yet, since only the first time after awakening you can dance again for him, and after that the option vanishes, and so does the lightsaber then...

Why would people want to sell them to common folk? They could sell it to the Exchange or something for much higher credits.

Plus, how would a store owner get hold of a lightsaber, other than having a Jedi sell them one? If a Jedi walked up to a merchant on Nar Shaddaa (or anywhere, for that matter) he would get murdered.

Edited by DarthVala

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus