Next Gen Consoles

Pope

Which Next Gen Consoles Will You Get?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which Next Gen Consoles Will You Get?

• PlayStation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • Revolution
    • None
    • Unsure as yet

What's Mistwalker?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ah, thanks you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Why do you want HD DVD, do you have a hi def tv? You like to exaggerate about the power source... alot. That right should be reserved for actual disgruntled owners.

Eventually I will own one. Consoles need to be actually next gen if they are going to be considered next gen to me. DVD player was the standard last generation. Now we have Blu-Ray and HD DVD. One of those drives will have to be in the system and games actually utilizing them to their full capacity in order to even think of getting a new console.

As for the PSU it does have serious overheating problems which is definitely a mark against it.

I'll own them all eventually. I typically buy one, hold on to it for a year or two, then trade it in for a different console. That way I keep my costs down.

The only trouble is, you only get to play one or two gernerations of games from each system, but it's a well-rounded approach.

one of the ways I justified getting an Xbox is that I did not already have a DVD player at the time. so justifying an Xbox 360 will be a little tougher in that sense.

but, again, if you like occidental RPGs over JRPGs then, I think, the Xbox 360 has a clear advantage.

I may also get a Revolution at some point as I really like the idea of being able to download (for a very reasonable price) any game that has ever been on a Nintendo platform. I do need to catch up on some JRPGs like Fire Emblem and Chrono Trigger.

Umm...  What does Morrowind have to do with the quality of Oblivion?

Morrowind was a fantastic game...  People don't think Oblivion will be able to stack up?

oh, I agree...I have logged many hours in Morrowind but because the main story was so incidental to the game and because of the lack of interesting dialogue and cinematics, it doesn't always get the respect it deserves (it also crashed alot). It was also probably one of the very last big name cRPGs that could get away with partial VO. Full VO is now the only way to go.

Apparently, the devs are going to make Oblivion a little "tighter" storywise with a little less sandbox. And, of course, the graphics are stunning (I've seen screenshots). Cinematic cutscreens? Don't know but I hope so.

Sounds good.  I'm all right with the concept of a "tighter" story.

I loved exploring in Morrowind, but without a steady stream of storyline, exploring can become quiet pointless.

There's a difference between not having a storyline, and the storyline been force-fed to you... In Morrowind much like Daggerfall if you didn't pay attention you'd miss parts of the story arc. I liked Morrowind, loved Daggerfall, yes even though it was bug-ridden nightmare at times, but who wouldn't like to have more and/or deeper/more involving story ?

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Ehmm, is Squenix making games for Microsoft too? I heard a rumor and wanted to know whether it would be possible to play FFXII on some other platform than PS2 in the future.

kirottu said: