Refresh Rate and Movies

Ginny

Summary: Can someone tell me how to get the movies to run at a refresh rate of 85?

THE GOOD

Fun game, lub it.

THE BAD

All of my applications and desktop in Windows XP run at a refresh rate of 100. But Kotor2 only allows 85. So I painstakingly changed all of my programs and desktop to a horrid refresh rate of 85 so I can run the program.

THE UGLY

Now that I have made the change to 85 away from my beloved 100, the program still 'clicks in and out of different refresh rates for movies! HELP! I am told by a nerdy friend that this constant clicking is VERY bad for my monitor. Every time I start the program it clicks for the LA advertisements at the beginning, and clicks back to 85, then clicks for every movie in the game. It is a dreadful clickfest! :thumbsup:

What I tried that didn't work:

I set [Display Options] to match what is in my [Graphics Options] section of swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]

Width=1024

Height=768

RefreshRate=85

HELP! Please, this is driving me batty.

Thank you

I am told by a nerdy friend that this constant clicking is VERY bad for my monitor.

Thats a new one to me... i cant see how the resoloution changing can damage it, its just like turning it on/off as far as i know.

Also, i dont know any way to stop the game changing the res or at least resetting the res (as in, the clicking). It

I THINK the game movies run at 1600 x 1200 res if your monitor can handle it, or something like 640 x 480 if it cant. So your only way to (try) and stop the res change would be to use one of those resoloutions.

Seriously though, never heard of a resoloution change causing damage to a monitor..