Should Josh Pull *THIS GUY* Outta retirement?

Sargallath Abraxium

overseer6wm.jpg

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Blame Interplay and Bethesda, Troika had an unofficial agreement that they were gettig the Fallout license but then Iply decided that it was better to *** them in the *** and sold it to Bethesda for a price Troika couldnt match.

So if we are really, really lucky.. Fallout 3 just MIGHT be playable. It sure as hell wont be anywhere near good with Bethesda developing it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Oh, I thought you meant overseer. If you're talking about Sawyer working on Fallout 3, I'm all for it. If the devs are going to post, however, I'd prefer they do it in their own persons.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

..and to make things worse, with the Fallout license in their bag, Troika would most likely have gotten funding which means they wouldnt have gone bancrupt like they did. Well, maybe that would have happened anyway because of the dealings around Vampire:Bloodlines which I know very litttle about

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Obsidian should be the ones doing Fallout 3, not Bethesda.  Bethesda hasn't done a single sci fi CRPG in the style of Fallout yet.  We will be getting Morrowind with guns.

Only the people who had anything to do with the original games should be working on it They're the only ones who could do justice to it. Last I checked Bethesda doesn't have any of the Fallout great in their employ.

Is it really Beth's fault though?

Did they know that Troika wanted the rights?

Perchance they just came up to Interplay during the firesale and said "Hey, we'd be kinda interested in developing a new Fallout game." offered up a sum they thought was fair (that little ol' Troika couldn't match) and Interplay grabbed at it?

Interplay would still be in the wrong here, but I don't see how you could hold Bethesda at fault.

I am not saying the game will be any good, or that it will be bad (I will have to play it first), but be sure to place blame where it is due.

20040714h.jpg

The first two panels were funny, I didn't really get the end though.

The author is showing that by selling the rights to Fallout for a measly price and without too much thought, Interplay has lowered its value to that of a jar of spit. or something like that.

Bethesda knew that Interplay had promised Troika that they could buy the rights to Fallout for a certain sum. They contacted Interplay and put in a higher bid and so they got the rights instead despite Iplys semi-official promise to Troika.

It was a rotten thing to do for both Iply and Bethesda, but it was unfortunantly perfectly legal.