Romance *giggle*

Ginny

I decided to dust off my TSL game and play through for a second time--it has been ages since I finished.

I realize that the developers were forced to rush and so a great deal of the romance material was cut. Still, I would like to know which NPC has the most elaborate dialog options and most developed romance before I play through again.

Usually, I play female characters because I am female and have never wanted to play a sweaty male; but if that is what is necessary to get my romantic story fix, then so be it.

My first play through was female Lightside and I tried everything to catch Atton's eye (and I do mean everything--it was humiliating and I am told that as a result I cannot run for office). Nothing worked. Influence, throwing myself at him, endless games of pazaak, asking him back to my quarters for 'coffee,' walking into the engineroom wearing a washcloth: ooopsy, I thought this was the shower. Nothing.

A friend told me that Visas tells you she loves you, but says little more than, 'my life for yours' for 90% of the game.

Let me know if anyone has any advice on which is the most elaborate (by TSL standards) dialog and romance. Thank you!

How about Handmaiden? Bao isn't developed I do not think. Anyway...

Edited by Ginny

The only 5 people that I can think of with any hint of romantic content are Handmaiden/Brianna, Visas, Mira, Disciple/Mical, and Atton. I must confess that I haven't played very many females in TSL and have little expereience with Disciple and Atton's romance paths. All the main romance content was cut so you really aren't going to get what you want. If you want to follow a full romance you should play K1. If you are intent to go through TSL again I suggest going for Handmaiden. The sparring sessions with her are a form of echani flirting.

Of all the characters Bao-Dur was the one I wanted to get places with. :) But noooo. They couldn't do that. :lol:

Anyway, I think Handmaiden has the best romance of all the characters, even though I don't like Handmaiden (too childish for my tastes, same goes for Atton).

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

I like what Disciple (prolly Handmaiden too, certain events are somewhat dialogue-duplicated) says before you go off by yourself. Not romantic persay, but certainly gives you the impression he cares more than he's saying.

But yeah, the game at most gives you a few hints drowned in melodrama-dialogue - nothing that will even remotely satisfy a desire for character-romance. Any romance has to be a product of self-imagination. *cough*

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, all they seem to mention is that they're interested in you and then that's about it. The romance goes nowhere

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The best thing that comes from the romances in the game(or at least in their cuurent state) is the line "HK, what is love?"

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I decided to dust off my TSL game and play through for a second time--it has been ages since I finished.

I realize that the developers were forced to rush and so a great deal of the romance material was cut. Still, I would like to know which NPC has the most elaborate dialog options and most developed romance before I play through again.

Usually, I play female characters because I am female and have never wanted to play a sweaty male; but if that is what is necessary to get my romantic story fix, then so be it.

My first play through was female Lightside and I tried everything to catch Atton's eye (and I do mean everything--it was humiliating and I am told that as a result I cannot run for office). Nothing worked. Influence, throwing myself at him, endless games of pazaak, asking him back to my quarters for 'coffee,' walking into the engineroom wearing a washcloth: ooopsy, I thought this was the shower. Nothing.

A friend told me that Visas tells you she loves you, but says little more than, 'my life for yours' for 90% of the game.

Let me know if anyone has any advice on which is the most elaborate (by TSL standards) dialog and romance. Thank you!

How about Handmaiden? Bao isn't developed I do not think. Anyway...

unfortunately, the whole romance thing with atton was cut, but in the PC version, there are still audio files of it....unfortunately I have the Xbox version, but a good way to gain influence with Atton is to go darkside, for some reasonm everytime I go darkside, I always get a lot of influence wiht Atton.

Thank you so much for the replies. Truly, it is rather disheartening to hear that there is little to no romance in TSL. Shame! :thumbsup:

I am easy to please too! So Obsidian and the LA Sith would not have had to put much work into it. For example, Carth was a lovely romance to me and there was not a huge amount of dialog attached to that storyline. Really though, Carth is more of a man of actions. If I were Revan, I would be barefoot and pregnant with his 11th child by now... Swoon.

Disciple, however, is completely unappealing to me. Forgive me if some of you all see him as a romantic hero. To me, and please do not get upset, Disciple was more like Gilderoy Lockhart from Harry Potter than Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. Mr. Darcy! Now there is a man for you.

Anyway, thank you again for the responses!

Funny, I always play female because... well... :) :D

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

... and the thing is, if there was a little moment called a "sex scene", it would have been enough to have been a romance for some people...

DAWUSS

• 2 weeks later...
unfortunately, the whole romance thing with atton was cut, but in the PC version, there are still audio files of it....unfortunately I have the Xbox version, but a good way to gain influence with Atton is to go darkside, for some reasonm everytime I go darkside, I always get a lot of influence wiht Atton.

Atton is the lapdog of the game. Both dark and lightside acts influence him positively. He'll love you as long as you listen.

Edited by Tha Cunnysmythe

Yeah, I'm glad I read this post, as I was sorely disappointed with the lack of character development in this area. I have to say I am an Atton fan. While Disciple was certainly fair to look at, I got to him late in the game and he was a bit to much pretty-boy for me. I really thought the Atton/Exile was a great match as they both had come to be redeemed from the brink of death and

Yeah, I'm glad I read this post, as I was sorely disappointed with the lack of character development in this area. I have to say I am an Atton fan. While Disciple was certainly fair to look at, I got to him late in the game and he was a bit to much pretty-boy for me. I really thought the Atton/Exile was a great match as they both had come to be redeemed from the brink of death and