Show us your weird & wonderful presents!

Kaftan Barlast

P23961C.jpg

This thing is oddly fun....and I have a weird, yet cool grandmother. :lol:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

That's a bong right? cool bong. :)

Naaaah, it's incense. :lol:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

a 1999 Ducati Monster 750.

Time to grow a beard and get some tattoos, bikerboy :lol:

Ducatis are the Ferrari's of motorcycles. My Brother-in-law worked for them for a few months. They flew him to Italy and all around Europe, bought him a ton of clothes, and then layed him off. He was bummed, but I think he got a pretty good deal out of it. Now he works for CycleWorld.

Ducatis are the Ferrari's of motorcycles.

I wouldn't really go that far. Ducatis are nice bikes, but they don't dominate like they used to. Also, the Monsters are basically baby Ducs, naked middleweights that contend with bikes like the SV650 and Honda 599. My 750 is carbureted and it doesn't even have dual front discs.

My friend Mike (who is an animator on PNJ) once owned a Ducati 999R. Now that's a crazy bike.

http://webpages.csus.edu/~jc259/4_800.jpg

I'd just like to add that that is one coool incense burner LoveWolf! :o

*Feels deprived with his flat wooden incense burner* :)

Also, Darkside, when you say "two knives, a sword, and a battle axe-like thing", you are talking real weapons right? :lol:

I just find it a bit of a strange thing to be receiving weapons for christmas..

Well, my brother brought his girlfriends' family with him for Christmas dinner and after we finished stuffing ourselves silly, he announced that he and his old lady are finally tying the knot. So I got a sister for Christmas. Weirdest gift evah!!

And my mom got me some longjohns. Oh and the Firefly DVD set (w00t) !!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Well, last year I got some really novel gifts, the most obscure was probably the Attic Greek translation of Harry Potter. Awesome. This year, so far, nothing really weird, although I've been considering getting an ipod for some time and my beloved sister got tired of hearing me talk about it for over a year and finally bought one for me. I have to go open gifts and visit with the outlaws today, so I don't know what the wife's family will give me. For my birthday, however, I got a hip-flask from her brother and his wife. Nifty! I have my hopes for something truly novel from them this year. I gave my wife black pearl ear-rings and lavender pearl ear-rings. (Lavender pearls? Good Lord, you'd know my wife would want to have them!) She really hates Groundhog Day, so I took my DVD and wrapped it. hahahahaha. Of course, she's getting a boatload of good stuff, including 4CDs and other stuff, so she'll have to forgive me my little joke.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

...I got a leather jacket, jeans, an' 5 feet o' Sunbeam red EL wire ta decorate me rig from the fiancee...she got another diamond & white gold ring from me...the leather jacket an' the jeans be still in the boxes an' I's wearin' the EL wire... :lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I'm sorry to double post, but I have to mention a gift I just opened: the 30 year adventure with a forward by Vin Diesel. Totally cool.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I noticed I got predominantly internationally bought presents... but I guess that happens when my folks go on holiday just before Christmas :D

Image001.jpg

Left to right (kinda): A totally sweet and awesome Mahjonng set from Hong Kong, a box of yummy Thorntons chocolates, a pair of super cheesy "Christmas Penguins" earrings, a Siemens SF65 (which I've been using for a couple of months now because my old phone died and I desperately needed a new one), a Hello Kitty phone thingy from Japan and a couple of rings and a bracelet from Bangkok :D

My family likes to travel :D

Oh, and a bonus blurry photo of my hand with jewelry:

Image002.jpg

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I've been given a one thousand dollar budget to but a car. It will be nothing to write home about, but it should get me to and from college, which the public transportation here cannot do. The earliest the busses can get me there is 10:30, and my classes start at 9:00. :devil:

I also got a calendar, and a daily devotional book by Charles R. Swindoll because my father still thinks I'm a Believer.

EDIT: I know the silvery ring is Hematite, the other two are Jade? Very pretty.

Edited by Child of Flame

That's good to hear CoF, a thousand bucks will hopefully get you a car that can get you through a few years of school. I remember my college pickup just died one day in an intersection, but it carried me to quite a few interesting places.

I got "The Movies" and a lot of hockey stuff.

Oh, and a bonus blurry photo of my hand with jewelry:

:o A picture of Launch's hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know you would give me a gift Launch, sorry i didn't get you anything :">

hmm, on topic, i got 256 mb of RAM for my junky computer:

memory.jpg

and... clothes... and... yeah, nothing else really. and although the memory is working properly, i haven't noticed much of a difference :blink:

I also got a calendar, and a daily devotional book by Charles R. Swindoll because my father still thinks I'm a Believer.

:o You aren't!?... :)

and sorry for using so many smilies... :ph34r: ... shuriken.gif

Edited by Blank

Nope, but I don't have much against those that don't make asses of themselves.

Family doesn't know because it's already pretty dysfunctional, and telling them I don't believe in everything the Bible says would be like telling them I'm gay, my dad used to be a minister.

I came to my conclusions while studying to pick up the cloth myself, and decided I couldn't teach, nor believe in what I cannot wrap my head around.

Nope, but I don't have much against those that don't make asses of themselves. 

Family doesn't know because it's already pretty dysfunctional, and telling them I don't believe in everything the Bible says would be like telling them I'm gay, my dad used to be a minister. 

I came to my conclusions while studying to pick up the cloth myself, and decided I couldn't teach, nor believe in what I cannot wrap my head around.

That's a lot better than picking up the cloth and pretending that you did believe it all. and sorry if i make a fool of myself.

I'd have to meet you in person to know if you did.

I don't generally have a problem with individual Christians, it's more when the religion gets organized it gets under my skin, it did even when I believed as I'm a secularist now and I was then. When Christians try and forcefeed their religion to people who want no part of it, or Christians who shun other believers because they interpret a minor passage differently than they do.

You and the other Believers on this site generally just try and defend your creed, and there's nothing wrong with that. I still go to Church more often than most Christians as I have friends there, I enjoy the music, and sometimes I can glean some meaning or enlightenment out of the sermon.

The religion is good overall, it does a lot of good for the world, but also harms it in some ways. The book is filled with good ideas, but the execution sucks, and there are contradictory parts that make no sense to me.

I think if just Jesus' teachings were yoinked from it it would be a pretty good code of conduct, it's generally the other parts that bug me.

When I have time I intend to read as many other Holy Books as I can get my hands on and see if I can find meaning in any of them.

I don't generally have a problem with individual Christians, it's more when the religion gets organized it gets under my skin, it did even when I believed as I'm a secularist now and I was then.  When Christians try and forcefeed their religion to people who want no part of it, or Christians who shun other believers because they interpret a minor passage differently than they do. 

yeah, epitomized by a lot of these people from Meshhugger's link the other day...

When I have time I intend to read as many other Holy Books as I can get my hands on and see if I can find meaning in any of them.

sounds good. i hope the truth will stick out for you : )

Ducatis are the Ferrari's of motorcycles.

I wouldn't really go that far. Ducatis are nice bikes, but they don't dominate like they used to. Also, the Monsters are basically baby Ducs, naked middleweights that contend with bikes like the SV650 and Honda 599. My 750 is carbureted and it doesn't even have dual front discs.

My friend Mike (who is an animator on PNJ) once owned a Ducati 999R. Now that's a crazy bike.

http://webpages.csus.edu/~jc259/4_800.jpg

I know the 999R is a great bike, I do. But their just so damn ugly.

Anyways, nice bike, I've rode around on the 620 for awhile, it's a joy.

Me, I really need to trade in the old cruiser and get myself something new:

Honda 600RR

but then again, I've always had a soft spot for Triumph

Speedmaster

Tell you the truth, right before I put the bike in storage for the winter (thats right So-Cal, some of us can't ride bikes in December) I almost met the pavement at about 73 mph (I was keeping pace in the slow lane with at least 3 car lengths in front of me mind you, welcome to Chicago) when a semi in front of me lost the rubber on a tire. I didn't have a chance, but I did manage to think the word "$hit" before I hit it laying on it's side (semi tires, it turns out, kinda taller than they look when your on a bike) the bike jumped a fair bit, but I got up off the seat and onto the pegs just a tad, so it just kinda....landed and went on. Bless Honda. Funny thing, the tire managed to hit and badly bruise my right heel. Needless to say, I've had close calls here and there, but this is the first time I thought I was done. Makes you think.

Don't get me wrong, not scared of crashing and dying, I'm well aware that there is a daisy yellow H2 with a soccer mom on the cell phone at the wheel out there right now with my name on it, but I hate to think what the women on this board would do if anything happened to me. It keeps me awake at night. Honest. :)

Edited by kumquatq3

That's a bong right? cool bong. :)

Naaaah, it's incense. :)

Yeah, just like the zig zags made out of hemp paper they sell in town are intended for smoking tobacco.

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

No, really. Incense. :(

I don't understand the appeal...it's smoke that smells like lavender.

And don't worry, Kum. Ok, well, do worry. Pavement hurts at 3 MPH, 70 may be a bit less........forgiving.

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

Well, here's most of the stuff I got for Christmas. Notice the "Classically Trained" T-Shirt with the old skool nintendo. My sister, who loves me more than I deserve, shelled out the cash for an ipod. I've been talking about it for a couple of years, but I've been too lazy to research what I wanted and too cheap to buy it. She also gave me the "30 Year Adventure" I cited earlier. Quite cool. That's yet another signed Terry Brooks novel. My nephews gave me the Scooby Doo bauble head. Funny.

Here's more stuff. I was a huge Speed Racer fan as a kid, so my mom and dad sent me a shirt. The Wheelock reader and workbook are my wife's way of poking fun at my Latin. I make fun of the Wheelock set, so she bought it for me. Kind of a waste of money, but a lot of students use the Wheelock series. Some of you probably did. She capped it off with the funny Latin book. Of course, everyone knows that Latin is inferior when compared to Greek.

Here's some of the cloths I received for Christmas. Not all of them. Cloths used to be boring as a kid, but I like getting cloths. That means I don't have to buy them. Anyhow, notable items in the whole bunch would be the George Foreman grill. I don't use my George Foreman often, but it comes in handy in a pinch. This one has a removable grill. The Toilet seat is set for my medieval motiff bathroom quite nicely. Yes, my parents bought me an $80 toilet seat for Christmas. My wife gave me the first seven seasons of Frazier. The Celtic cross is from the Franklin Mint. Once again, a gift from my sister who isn't religious but appreciates that Cath and I are. The drill bit set will come in quite handy. The mini electric screwdriver? Hey, I appreciate every gift someone gives me, even if I wonder why they gave it to me.

Pretty much a boring Christmas by most folks' standards, but I liked it. My cat, of course, thought everything belonged to her and thus made a bed out of everything.

Obsidian Plays