Show us your weird & wonderful presents!

Kaftan Barlast

Mum and dad ate their present (3 bars of ultra expensive conneisuer chocolate) so to show you here Ive got the very nice flatscreen TV they gave me :D

present.jpg

Its very practical. Ill use the wall bracket-thingie to hang it when I get back to Uni

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

What with me being a teetotaler, my mother's boyfriend thought a nice gift for my 18th christmas would be some alcoholic chocolate. Mmm.

Other than that, it's just books and DVDs this christmas. Oh, and book tokens. Mountains upon mountains of book tokens from aunts and uncles. Just because I'm the only one in the family who reads books doesn't mean that getting me a book token is more creative than the same value in cash you give to everyone else in the family! Sigh.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

We're not into presents persay...but my mother gave me her collection of 1960's Peanuts books. Could be valuable one day. And one of hubby's bosses got him some cordless headphones. Which I might steal. haha

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got these things for the wifey:

pZALE1-2221726t400.jpg

(match to the earrings I got her last year)

& This book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/042520252...=books&v=glance

And a custom-made sterling silver charm bracelet for her favorite football team. :)

She got me a nice long-sleeve shirt I was digging, as well as this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005JLX...&s=dvd&v=glance

(which also included a collector coin, RAAR!)

AND, from the National Archives in D.C., a great shirt with a pic of Elvis meeting Nixon:

elnix.gif

:D

And some segzy boxer briefs for our bedroom antics. :ph34r:

Edited by Vashanti
evil_twin.jpg

All I have so far received this Christmas is a cancelled contract for work in the New Year. Cornsarnit. But I am well fed, warm, and about to go defrost the chicken. Later I shall have some fine ale, and make a plum duff. I therefore feel pretty good.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I recieved several pairs of socks, just like every other Christas. <_<

A good gift were the winter boots, which will be qutie useful indeed.

Several people had no idea what to buy for me, so they gave me some money, so I could buy what I want.

Well, nothing different from any other Christmas.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I consider my personal faith to be somewhat of a mixture of Reform Judaism and Reconstructionist Judaism, which basically means I can accept or ignore any tenets I choose. In effect, this means I am agnostic and celebrate Channukah. :D

Anyway, though the details are still being worked out, I have arranged with my parents to receive some sort of computer for which we will share payment. Ive given them a list of parts and I will then build myself. So far, my list includes the following, though it will most likely change to some degree:

COOLER MASTER Praetorian 730 Silver (What can I say? I like silver.)

Antec 550 Truepower PSU

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert

G. Skill Extreme Series DDR500 2gb (1x2)

EVGA Geforce 7800GT (470/1100)

WD Caviar 320GB

NEC Silver ND-3550A

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

For a total of about $1400. Havent decided on a monitor yet, so if anyone has any suggestions, Im open to them.

Oh, Im also getting one PS2 game.

Edited by Archmonarch

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I got a 7800 GTX + widescreen monitor

*does dance*

Hey, you dance pretty good!

*joins in*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Two of my friends were preparing presents for one of their dads. They had two items in particular:

- A set of super-expensive chocolates, with a single one left in its wrapping inside the box, and the rest of the wrappings empty.

- A box wrapped in over a dozen layers, resulting in an extremely large package.

I have yet to hear of the nature of the reception.

lussebulle.jpg

The traditional ritual sacrifice of a swedish lussebulle with katana and later fed to veri dangerous and frightful hound

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

mu002.jpg

My girlfriend's mom got me these.

Girlfriend got me some neato DVDs, giant freaking cans of monster, and someother food items. Don't know what my family got me,need to go back home for that,and thats not until the 29th.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

VTM: Bloodlines (yes, yes, I'm a year behind, I know. At least I got it cheap.)

Lots of clothes

$100 in gift cards (extended family)

$80 in cash (also extended family)

Serenity on DVD

enough candy to flood Hershey

two knives, a sword, and a battle axe-like thing

and... *drumroll*

I GOT A FREAKING IPOD NANO!!! *joins in dancing*

I'm going to put the shinies with my other two swords. My room is nicknamed The Armory. ^_^

sig2.gif

Is that a black stripe down that dog's back or did you perform impromtu surgery with that sword one day? :D

A set of super-expensive chocolates, with a single one left in its wrapping inside the box, and the rest of the wrappings empty.

hehe...that's the only way to eat a box of chocolates.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

VTM:  Bloodlines (yes, yes, I'm a year behind, I know.  At least I got it cheap.)

Your parents are kinda...relaxed about certain themes, it seems.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh, and awesome gifts everyone.

I'll post something once I get the camera working.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's a 1999 Ducati Monster 750.

Now you only need a sunset and midlife crisis. :D

Oh, okay... Old joke.

I got: socks, boxers, one dvd containing apparently the most embaressing stuff of my childhood, Robert Jordan book, coffee mug and Panther candy.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

a 1999 Ducati Monster 750.

Time to grow a beard and get some tattoos, bikerboy :p

Can't really post a picture, takes too much effort to upload it and everything, but received a didjeridoo(sp?) for Christmas today, which I'll add is brilliant fun! :D

Also, a couple of large canvas's from my parents, I think they are expecting me to do a lot of painting :p:*