Weapon Thread

11XHooah

Here's the SCAR (Special Operation Forces Combat Assault Rifle). It will be used by all SOCOM forces, which includes Rangers. That means I might be getting the chance to use one of these in the near future (w00t)

This is the SCAR-L, which fires 5.56mm ammunition:

scar_L.gif

This is the SCAR-H, which fires 7.62mm ammunition:

scar_h.gif

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I'm rather fond of the idea of keeping the primary rifle for all US military branches coming from an American manufacturer, myself.

Why? What's wrong with German weapons?

the same thing that made Japan call one of it's cities USA, americans think american garbage rocks your sox.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

wow, that looks impressive. what was the reason they didn't switch over to it?

I think it looks disgusting. My personal opinion on why we aren't acquiring it? It's German. I'm rather fond of the idea of keeping the primary rifle for all US military branches coming from an American manufacturer, myself.

I'd rather my soldiers be equipped with the best means to survive in modern fire fights, made in some foreign country, than with inferior weapons designed by an American company.

Yes, it helps our economy, but I could care less. I just want as many of our people to come home breathing as possible...I'm weird like that. :thumbsup:

And I think it looks neat...all futurey and Starship Troopery and what-not. ;)

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

wow, that looks impressive. what was the reason they didn't switch over to it?

I think it looks disgusting. My personal opinion on why we aren't acquiring it? It's German. I'm rather fond of the idea of keeping the primary rifle for all US military branches coming from an American manufacturer, myself.

I'd rather my soldiers be equipped with the best means to survive in modern fire fights, made in some foreign country, than with inferior weapons designed by an American company.

Yes, it helps our economy, but I could care less. I just want as many of our people to come home breathing as possible...I'm weird like that. :shifty:

And I think it looks neat...all futurey and Starship Troopery and what-not. ;)

That makes two of us being weird like that, LoneWolf. :blink:

Personally I think the design is neat, but I'd still go with an AK due to the inevitable cleaning problems. >_<

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I don't see why the Us shouldn't license the rights to make it. Besides, I hardly think that America would become critically dependent on Germany for parts and so forth. We all know that if Germany put on the squeeze the US would happily start churning copies out domestically within weeks.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What makes you think whatever the next generation rifle ends up being shall prove inferior?

True story: several of our super-secret squirrel boys are running around the sandbox with Vietnam-era M14s out of personal choice. A rifle's a rifle's a rifle; if you don't know how to shoot, slapping all the whiz-bang **** you can think of onto a receiver's not going to make a lick of difference. If you can shoot, you can hit what you want with anything, so the whiz-bang **** becomes redundant.

And yes, this thread is rather weird.

I think it looks disgusting.  My personal opinion on why we aren't acquiring it?  It's German.  I'm rather fond of the idea of keeping the primary rifle for all US military branches coming from an American manufacturer, myself.

Your statement - I don't want it, it's German - just proves the fact you don't know excatly what you're talking about. It's not strictly German weapon, it's a joint development by the US defense contractors and one German.

The XM8 Future Combat Rifle was supposed to be developed by ATK Integrated Defense, as the lead company in this venture, which is the system integrator on the XM29 program. Teammates on the program were Heckler and Koch (German) - weapon development; ATK Ammunition Systems ( USA) - ammunition development; Brashear LP (USA) - integrated full solution fire control and Omega (USA) - training systems.

The XM8 rifle is weighing 20 percent less than the M4 because of advanced technologies developed for the XM29 program. The prototype weighs 6.4 pounds, with an objective weight of 5.7 pounds. PEO claims it takes one third the time to train a Soldier on the XM8 than the current weapon system.

The XM8 is also more reliable. Unlike the current M4 and M16, the XM8 does not introduce propellant gases and the associated carbon fouling back into the weapon

Here's the SCAR (Special Operation Forces Combat Assault Rifle). It will be used by all SOCOM forces, which includes Rangers. That means I might be getting the chance to use one of these in the near future (w00t)

This is the SCAR-L, which fires 5.56mm ammunition:

scar_L.gif

This is the SCAR-H, which fires 7.62mm ammunition:

scar_h.gif

SCAR.jpg

The reciever looks very similar to that of the Swede AK5, which is just a slightly modified FN FNC

FN_FNC.jpg

FN FNC

s_ak5.jpg

AK5 (the thing on the barrel is a rubber plug)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It amuses me that you swe folks decided to name these weapons "AK", so whenever someone asks "Avtomat Kalashnikov?" you respond "No Automatisk Karabin ffs, why so hard to understand?!111"... or that was the response I got at any rate. :D

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I think it looks disgusting.  My personal opinion on why we aren't acquiring it?  It's German.  I'm rather fond of the idea of keeping the primary rifle for all US military branches coming from an American manufacturer, myself.

Your statement - I don't want it, it's German - just proves the fact you don't know excatly what you're talking about. It's not strictly German weapon, it's a joint development by the US defense contractors and one German.

The XM8 Future Combat Rifle was supposed to be developed by ATK Integrated Defense, as the lead company in this venture, which is the system integrator on the XM29 program. Teammates on the program were Heckler and Koch (German) - weapon development; ATK Ammunition Systems ( USA) - ammunition development; Brashear LP (USA) - integrated full solution fire control and Omega (USA) - training systems.

The XM8 rifle is weighing 20 percent less than the M4 because of advanced technologies developed for the XM29 program. The prototype weighs 6.4 pounds, with an objective weight of 5.7 pounds. PEO claims it takes one third the time to train a Soldier on the XM8 than the current weapon system.

The XM8 is also more reliable. Unlike the current M4 and M16, the XM8 does not introduce propellant gases and the associated carbon fouling back into the weapon

What makes you think whatever the next generation rifle ends up being shall prove inferior?

True story: several of our super-secret squirrel boys are running around the sandbox with Vietnam-era M14s out of personal choice. A rifle's a rifle's a rifle; if you don't know how to shoot, slapping all the whiz-bang **** you can think of onto a receiver's not going to make a lick of difference. If you can shoot, you can hit what you want with anything, so the whiz-bang **** becomes redundant.

And yes, this thread is rather weird.

Not saying that, just wondering why it matters who designs the guns, so long as our soldiers have the best weapon possible.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Not saying that, just wondering why it matters who designs the guns, so long as our soldiers have the best weapon possible.

Except that we don't do that. We go with whoever can bid the lowest, promise to meet specifications, and deliver it on time. Also, considering the immense size of our defense industry, there needs to be protectionism in order to keep that behemoth generating income for the US.

Besides, we can make pretty damn good stuff. Whatever rifle we choose - and I'm still not saying for sure that we didn't pick the Plastic Wonder because it's German, that's just my personal hunch - is going to be capable of doing the job. We use plenty of foreign-licensed weaponry already, and though a rifle contract is really a drop in the bucket compared to most other military spending, it's still more considerable than a squad support weapon or a sidearm.

Except that we don't do that.  We go with whoever can bid the lowest, promise to meet specifications, and deliver it on time.  Also, considering the immense size of our defense industry, there needs to be protectionism in order to keep that behemoth generating income for the US. 

Besides, we can make pretty damn good stuff.  Whatever rifle we choose - and I'm still not saying for sure that we didn't pick the Plastic Wonder because it's German, that's just my personal hunch - is going to be capable of doing the job.  We use plenty of foreign-licensed weaponry already, and though a rifle contract is really a drop in the bucket compared to most other military spending, it's still more considerable than a squad support weapon or a sidearm.

It'd still be nice, regardless....Were I in any kind of position to do so, I'd make sure our guys had the absolute best weaponry available. If we could afford it, of course...

On Topic: F-18E_F_.jpg

- Everlast

Who makes the firearm?  Heckler & Koch.  What sort of company is Heckler & Koch?  German.  Because I use Italian ammunition, are you going to tell me my Colt's not an American-made weapon?  Ease off on the, "You don't know what you're talking about!" crap in this, of all, threads.  I'm sure you're a competent gun nut, don't get me wrong.  You've proven, in the past, your ability to find almost anything on GlobalSecurity.org, so no one's doubting you there.

But the rifle's German.  I said I think that's why it didn't get picked up, and I agree with the logic behind such a decision.  I don't know for sure, since guess what?  I don't work for Army procurement.  No one's going to say, "Yeah, we're not buying it because it's German, but we'll pick up whatever Colt pumps out in a year or two, and we have a feeling it will be suspiciously similar to what our esteemed Teutonic partners produced." 

There's also a certain point beyond which you do not want to go in terms of removing weight from a rifle.  I said before, there are some blokes out there right now who are turning in their M4s for M14s, precisely because they're heavier rifles that roll with a higher caliber, and yes, sand doesn't bother them as much.  You think those guys care that the rifle's a hell of a lot heavier than the M4?  Or that they occasionally have to clean it?  The M4 was designed to cut down on weight and increase mobility, and the Marines have seen fit to stick with the M16 - last I checked, they're doing alright.  If you know how to shoot, you know how to shoot.

Well your whining that it's a German rifle just doesn't stand so much, yes the ammunition, solution fire control and training is done by US companies, and what's most important thing in this project is the -kinetic energy weapon- breaktrough done by a US company....weapon development would be done by H&K - yeah that's one of the most important part in development, but guess what - the 'original' H&K based in Germany was supposed to have little to do with the project, just some research, the production and development of the XM8 was mainly going to be the job of its subsidiary Heckler-Koch USA. With all of this - XM8 would be an American rifle just as much, if not more then German. :thumbsup:

And if anybody has brains which overcome foolish pride in the US Congress and who ever is in charge of the US Joint Service Requirements they are going to embrace this project sooner or later....anyways it goes side by side with the requirements of the FCS, but then again that project has difficulties of its own since the needs of a modern battlefield changed much since the start of the project.

hs2000-1-velika_web.jpg

Here's a pic of the Croatian HS2000, it's the official weapon of the British army officers and quite recently it became the offical weapon of the FBI. You know why they took our weapon and not some American made Glock, Colt, Berreta....or some German, Swiss, Austrian or Czech - it's because it's more reliable and accurate then any of your handguns, and naturally the FBI took the hardware that will help save lives of their people and not satisfy some foolish pride. :lol:

Ease off on the, "You don't know what you're talking about!" crap in this, of all, threads.

You're right, I'm sorry...

I'm sure you're a competent gun nut, don't get me wrong.  You've proven, in the past, your ability to find almost anything on GlobalSecurity.org, so no one's doubting you there.

Actually I don't use globalsecurity.org that much, there are far more better sites for sources on topic....if you think I'm just a lowlife copycat who just lurks around military/weapon threads and then copy-pastes everything from google then you're wrong. But that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion. ;)

Edited by Kinslayer

Damn straight.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

SWEDKA-mast.jpg

Heres a weapon I wish you could ind in FPS games. Its a swedish 9mm m45 SMG which is about as cheap and dirty as it gets. Its made out of ordinary pipe that youd use for plumbing. I read they cost about

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

SWEDKA-mast.jpg

Heres a weapon I wish you could ind in FPS games. Its a swedish 9mm m45 SMG which is about as cheap and dirty as it gets. Its made out of ordinary pipe that youd use for plumbing. I read they cost about

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

I'm fairly sure you can use this weapon on the Russian campaign in Call Of Duty 2.

If not a very simmilar model.

It was the Soviet PPS42, but soon after they issued an improved and redesignated PPS-43. The gun itself is really a modification, rather a simplification of the PPSh-41 which was one of the best submachine guns in WW2.