Weapon Thread

11XHooah

Damn, those russians sure build pretty flying machines..

I prefer the SU-27 Flanker myself, mainly because I once played a superb flight simulator named just that.

su_27_01.jpg

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

tomcat is my first love, and in one, the coolest tom cruise has ever been  :(

no love for the f-15?

All I seem to remember about the F-15 was the cool flight sim that was about on the Commodore?

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Although it's pretty old and is planned to be decomissioned by the year 2020, the F-14 is still sometimes the weapon of choice because it's the only plane able to carry the AIM-54 Phoenix Missile.....

But hey, try this with any US or European jet and you'll end up six feet under.....too bad the Russian economy can't keep up with the aerospace technologies its scientists come up with, all the pretty planes like the SU 47, MIG 35 or the TU 60 gone with the wind.... :(

i love the fact our next generation billion dollar fighter still can't touch the (is the SU or MIg 35 that is the top climber) in thrust vectoring. soviet power

One of the design problems of stealth though. Hiding all that thrust output heat signature would be near to impossible. As stealth capabilities go, it's apparently as difficult to detect as a bird flying pass at the same altitude...

Edited by Moose

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

i love the fact our next generation billion dollar fighter still can't touch the (is the SU or MIg 35 that is the top climber) in thrust vectoring. soviet power

Yeah, but your air doctrine is to fire missles from great range, rather then engaging in dogfights.....and in today's modern air combat the winner is praticley the one that gets a missle lock first, and the US's approach with the stealth technology is - you can't destroy what you can't see.

The MIG 35 was supossed to be Russia's pathway to the new generation of stealth aircraft, but there's no money.....

Although it's pretty old and is planned to be decomissioned by the year 2020, the F-14 is still sometimes the weapon of choice because it's the only plane able to carry the AIM-54 Phoenix Missile.....

But hey, try this with any US or European jet and you'll end up six feet under.....too bad the Russian economy can't keep up with the aerospace technologies its scientists come up with, all the pretty planes like the SU 47, MIG 35 or the TU 60 gone with the wind.... :(

lmao at that video... that planes got to be completely unstallable. Yeah we'll just fling around in the air like a flying hammer and have it immediately break out flying again within a microsend... awesome.

Edited by Moose

Nothing says "Wehrmaht Officer" to me like Walther P38:

Pistolet%20Walther%20P38%209mm%208coups.jpg

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Did someone call in an artillery barrage?  :D

It's when you see things like that the Nuke Cannons in Command and Conquer become laughable in how they don't simply destroy the entire map...

Hell I don't think even with maps the size of the ones in Supreme Commander (Chris Taylor's new RTS) a nuke cannon would be realistic.

Map sizes of Supreme Commander if anyone's interested :Clicky

Here is my favorite pistol of all time:

colt_45_nm-10.jpg

The Colt 45 :) I heard the Army may be switching back to using these instead of the M9. I can only hope.

Edited by 11XHooah

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

The Colt 45 :geek: I heard the Army may be switching back to using these instead of the M9. I can only hope.

but the M9 doesn't seem too bad... here's the army fact file for it...

EDIT: and morekotorplz, thank you for changing your avvie, the old one induced anger

Edited by Blank

Spacy, however I think this is cooler.

f2000_3.jpg - F2000

Edit: Hmm will have to find a different pic. :geek:

Mmm... sci-fiy. :geek:

Mmmm....that is no sci-fiy Darkside...that is the XM8 Future Combat Rifle project which was supossed to replace the current M4 and M16. ATK Integrated Defense, Plymouth, Minn., and Heckler and Koch from Oberndorf, Germany were in charge of research and production. On October 2005, the XM8 program was formally suspended by the Congress, "pending further US Army reevaluations of its priorities for small caliber weapons, and to incorporate emerging requirements identified during Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. The Government will also incorporate studies looking into current capability gaps during said reevaluation.

xm8-poster.jpg

Edited by Kinslayer