KotOR 2 did get the shaft!!!

Guest MacLeodCorp

Guest MacLeodCorp

KotOR 2 did get the shaft!!!

About Lucas Arts

While scanning Lucas Arts, I followed some intresting links. If you remember the KotOR 2 patch, which took Lucas Arts, not Obsidian, but Lucas Arts forever to release. Well, this should tell fans exactly where Lucas Arts stands on the KotOR series... It took Lucas Arts only a few weeks to release a content and expansion pack for Battlefront II...

http://www.starwars.com/gaming/

(Read the top headline, and the main ad...)

P.S.

I did not know where to put this post, so if you have to move it, go right a head...)

I'm lost. Wtf's going on here. Someone explain please.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Ah, newbs. :p

Okay, back when KotOR 2 was new LA knuckledragged on the support of the game really terrible. Obsidian also wanted to do a content patch for the PC but LA said no. LA did the best they could to restrict Obsidian and make KotOR 2 look like a crappy and unplayable game. Why? God only knows, but now they are allowing Battlefront 2 to have a content patch and an expansion. Something KotOR 2 needs in order to have it complete.

LA has done its best to screw over Obsidian and KotOR 2.

Aaaaah Ok got it now. Would have realised but I haven't slept in 2 days so I'm kinda tired and these things go over my head. :">

Newb, moi grrrrrrrrr never have I been so offe... Oh f***k it.

Edited by sucky

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Guest MacLeodCorp
I'm lost. Wtf's going on here. Someone explain please.

After KotOR 2 was released, there were several posts, which debated about where Lucas Arts stand about supporting the game. Fans were picking sides: Obsidian vs. Lucas Arts. Who was going to release the patch and when? Well, the movie and music patch was released about six to seven months after the games release. Now, Battlefront II came out about three weeks or so, and there is an expansion (contant) patch now available for download. If you think about it, they answered our number one and two questions:

1. Does Lucas Arts support the KotOR II fans... NO! Because they would have released a game content patch within a few weeks of the games release.

2. Who was holding the movie and game patch from the public... Lucas Arts!

Otherwords, they really don't care about the KotOR Series. I had a feeling that they were going to walk away from the whole thing. I think there was too much contraversy surrounding the series...

Added: I wonder what the politics were like behind closed doors?

Edited by MacLeodCorp

Guest MacLeodCorp
There wouldn't be if they just let Obsidian do their thing, make KotOR 2 a great game, and accept it as that.  Its like LA wanted Obsidian and KotOR 2 to fail.

If Lucas Arts stopped counting their money, and give Obsidian the time they needed, I think KotOR II would have rocked on for years...

Wow! This changes everything...

Guest MacLeodCorp
I think I need to make a few pnone calls again.  Lets start up that harassment camapign against LA!  I was about to start one back when the media patch was being knuckledragged for too long but it was released before I got any serious work done on it.

Hehehe.. :)

Added: I think I owe Obsidian a big apology... Oops... :p

Edited by MacLeodCorp

I have to admit, it all seems odd. I think K2 became something of a political football in light of the many layoffs that happened to some of their in-house devs (K3 is thought to be one of the projects that the laid off people had been working on).

Perhaps an analogy would be: you are a programmer for a large company and you notice that many of the tasks that your programs perform are now being done by an Indian software firm. You and your mates may be so ticked that you go around badmouthing the new software and, perhaps, even use your clout to sabotage as much of the project as you can.

I don't think the brass at LA wanted to sabotage K2, I think it was more the rank-and-file.

No.  Its Star Wars.  How over one head can it be for the people who gave us great games like Fallout 2, Planescape Torment, and the Icewind Dales.

agreed.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together