Battlefront 2

x1Predator

Ive never played the 1st one because everyone said that it sucked so I didnt buy it.

Then I saw the commercial for Battlefront 2 and It looked pretty rockin. Worth the $50?

P.S. Is it for xbox or xbox 360?

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

BF2 for PS2/Xbox is not the same BF2 us PC players are using.

BF2 for console is pretty lame. Choppy as hell, it can become a slide-show on the PS2. I would say no, it's not worth it at all.

BF2/SF for the PC is a great game though. Only hard part is finding a good server.

it's an interesting game to say the least. I got it and some of it's levels play very similar to the first game. but others (primairly the space levels) are extremly fun to play.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

We've had this thread before, but...

Battlefront 2 is very much inferior to Battlefield 2. If you are buying it for the combat, get Battlefield. If you're buying it just for the Star Wars setting, I guess it's an ok title. These games are also way less effective on a console. There is a Battlefield title on the Xbox, but I'm not sure what it's like.

Edit: Make sure you understand that both Battlefront and Battlefield go by the BF2 title...I think Haitoku was talking about Battlefield, not the Star Wars game.

Edited by Hurlshot

I played it, didnt find it particularly choppy unless a lot of explosions were going off.

Wasnt different enough from the first one and the campaign wasnt that interesting.

The space battles really screwed up my K/D ratio.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I enjoyed this game a helluva lot, although admittedly, I did only play it for about 5 hours tops.

A lot of the levels are exactly the same as the ones in the first game, such as the levels on the ground, where you only have to take out a certain amount of enemies, etc.

The new addition of space battles was pretty awesome though, they have got to be one of the most fun parts of the game, although I felt quite stupid when I was originally trying to destroy the enemy ships by just shooting at them :"> .

Overall, I'd say its definately worth a buy, if not a rent, but bear in mind I only played it on PS2, and didn't try out internet play, so it may be different on other consoles/PC and may be crap on teh internets :lol:.

Edit:  Make sure you understand that both Battlefront and Battlefield go by the BF2 title...I think Haitoku was talking about Battlefield, not the Star Wars game.

Thread title is Battlefront 2 so I think we can safely assume the OP is talking about the BF2 of the Star Wars variety. :lol:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

the addition of jedi as playable characters is nice. And you don't have people zipping around in air craft on ground levels anymore (well excepting for the Hoth battle...) with the PC its nice because you can do all sorts of things and not get any slow down.

Edit:  Make sure you understand that both Battlefront and Battlefield go by the BF2 title...I think Haitoku was talking about Battlefield, not the Star Wars game.

Thread title is Battlefront 2 so I think we can safely assume the OP is talking about the BF2 of the Star Wars variety. :lol:

But Haitoku refered to BF2:SF, which I'm assuming is the Special Forces expansion for Battlefield, not Battlefront.

But Haitoku refered to BF2:SF, which I'm assuming is the Special Forces expansion for Battlefield, not Battlefront.

I think Haitoku was just saying that Batlefield 2 is better than Battlefront 2 or was just reccomending it as a decent game. Dunno though, I need sleep.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I think Haitoku was just saying that Batlefield 2 is better than Battlefront 2 or was just reccomending it as a decent game. Dunno though, I need sleep.

Sorry, I read that wrong. X.X

Haven't tried Battlefront.

Is Battlefront a complete game? Does it have a finished ending?

Kinda... they actually give you missions other than TAKE THAT OUTPOST! now and they also have a semi storyline added

BF2 for console is pretty lame.  Choppy as hell, it can become a slide-show on the PS2.  I would say no, it's not worth it at all.

BF2/SF for the PC is a great game though.  Only hard part is finding a good server.

good server because of lag or because of players?

BF2 for console is pretty lame.  Choppy as hell, it can become a slide-show on the PS2.  I would say no, it's not worth it at all.

BF2/SF for the PC is a great game though.  Only hard part is finding a good server.

good server because of lag or because of players?

I was talking about BattleFIELD 2 the hole time, not BattleFRONT 2. :thumbsup:

Anyways, yes, bad players on Battlefield 2. I think EA should of put a better account method. Anyone can play BF2. You don't need a valid CD-Key or email to play.

God, I love Steam. Atleast it gets rid of some of the idiots.

Thx for your opinions.

I have a choice between Battlefront 2 and Fable: The Lost Chapters for Christmas. I had rented the 1st Fable and thought it was really good but never could come up with the money to buy it.

And from what Ive read Battlefront II sounds like crap :shifty:" . So I guess I'll go with Fable.

Thx again for your thoughts! :D

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?