Judge Rules Against Intelligent Design

Commissar

Elimination of church would be preferable, but yes, keep religion out of the public school systems. The Big Bang Theory is how the universe was created, not some "intelligent" design by some greater being.  :lol:

i don't agree with intelligent design, but there a lot of kids living without morals and discipline that could really use religion. it just needs to be in its place (science and religion are different)

You don't need religion to gain morals and discipline. One has to be raised properly by parents who are suppose to instill that into their children.

Actually radio telescopes have detected a rumble which could be the remnant frequency of the Big Bang. Now there is more proof of the Big bang happening than the Earth being created in six days as well as proof that the Earth is older than 10,000 years or whatever the bible thinks it is. There is active proof that organisms do in fact evolve.

Actually radio telescopes have detected a rumble which could be the remnant frequency of the Big Bang.  Now there is more proof of the Big bang happening than the Earth being created in six days as well as proof that the Earth is older than 10,000 years or whatever the bible thinks it is.  There is active proof that organisms do in fact evolve.

exactly, a frequency that could be the remnant of the Big Bang. horribly pathetic proof. that is so unconvincing that i am tempted to vomit to show my disgust.

And don't start comparing how much proof one has to how much the other has, they both have an insignificant amount of proof and the big bang supposedly happened so long ago that no proof could really survive that long.

and leave evolution out of this too. the big bang is a separate idea from evolution. evolution doesn't explain how everything in the universe got here, and the big bang idea doesn't explain how rocks eventually turn into humans.

same with the "big bang" though. the only proof of it is pathetic

There is no absolute proof, given nobody was there to witness it, however Newtonian Physics deduces it through logic - ergo as science goes it's fairly a sturdy theory and for that reason worth being taught. There are very few serious scientists around that don't believe it to be correct.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

I was only using your words, Blankman. :p

I do think that the Big Bang theory has some credence to it and a good logical explanation of how the universe was created and has some evidence for it. I regard the Bible as a book of myth and parables, which has truth in it but not the literal truth.

"you can be religious and scientfic it is possible "

did we ever suggest the contrary?  go down the list of nobel prize winners for physics and pick out the atheists.  ain't many.

Gromnir is religious.

Gromnir has a bs in physics from Cal.

there is no tension for Gromnir.

HA! Good Fun!

it seems that popular opinion suggests the opposite is all i was saying, i know its possible i was instructed in science by catholic sisters. have you read that article gromnir? i can't remember the title but it was by gould. my comparative ver. professor gave it to us my senior semester.

There is no absolute proof, given nobody was there to witness it, however Newtonian Physics deduces it through logic - ergo as science goes it's fairly a sturdy theory and for that reason worth being taught. There are very few serious scientists around that don't believe it to be correct.

about the physics though, how did it all explode from a singularity that held the whole universe in it? would not the mass of the universe in that one point draw it all back to itself? that really doesn't make any sense.

about the physics though, how did it all explode from a singularity that held the whole universe in it? would not the mass of the universe in that one point draw it all back to itself? that really doesn't make any sense.

No. Imagine a spring. You clinch down, and down, and down until suddenly it can no longer reduce. Then, suddenly it expands outward. A spring's density does not change as it shrinks, but it can only reduce to a certain point before the tension causes the potential energy to become kinetic.

I'm sure thats not the best example, but in my inebriated state its the best I can come up with.

Basically, when something implodes it does not shrink into nothingness, or to insignifigant sizes and then retain that size. It shrinks to its breaking point and then breaks, the energy that remains propels the pieces. Something like that, anyway. Been years since I looked into this stuff.

Picture throwing a basketball high... It comes back.

Now picture a super basket ball being thrown so far that its momentum goes into space leaving normal gravity. It just keeps floating away doesn't it?

Gravity would be stronger if there also weren't more dimenisions, these dimensions also help explain the big bang and string theory so far..... until the next 50 years from now till they can think of even smaller particles probably. Fascinating stuff isn't it?

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

It is my humble opinion that making black holes here on Earth is a bad thing.  It most repsects I think it will suck.

As odd as it may seem, I'm of the same opinion. :shifty:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Picture throwing a basketball high... It comes back.

Now picture a super basket ball being thrown so far that its momentum goes into space leaving normal gravity. It just keeps floating away doesn't it?

Gravity would be stronger if there also weren't more dimenisions, these dimensions also help explain the big bang and string theory so far..... until the next 50 years from now till they can think of even smaller particles probably. Fascinating stuff isn't it?

but why would the gravity of the whole universe in one spot have any potential energy shooting away from it? Would it not just be pulling itself into itself into an infinitismal singularity that nothing would escape, similar to a black hole? the whole universe' mass i am talking about, in one spot. dang, that is sooooooo much gravity. potential energy? isn't it all being shot into the singularity?

so this explosion of the universe would have to be strong enough to escape the whole universe' gravity.

why would it do that?

and if black holes exist, how did they get away from eachother to start with? if they were created later, what the heck could create that and get away from the other thing that could create another one of that?

i don't know anything about this, but i am just trying to ask common sense questions that haven't been explained to me about this theory.

Just going to point this out...

Everything we know about physics goes out the window when you hit zero-g.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The 'wall of separation between church and state' is a metaphor based on bad history which has proved useless as a guide to judging. It should be frankly and explicitly abandoned.

I somehow connected that quote with these kinds of people.

Some quotes from that site:

"We're fighting against humanism, we're fighting against liberalism...we are fighting against all the systems of Satan that are destroying our nation today...our battle is with Satan himself."

"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharoah's chariotters."

"The Bible is the inerrant ... word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc."

"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."

Disturbing, yet strangely hilarious.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I somehow connected that quote with these kinds of people.

Some quotes from that site:

"We're fighting against humanism, we're fighting against liberalism...we are fighting against all the systems of Satan that are destroying our nation today...our battle is with Satan himself."

"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharoah's chariotters."

"The Bible is the inerrant ... word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc."

"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."

"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."

Disturbing, yet strangely hilarious.

wow, very disturbing, and also stangely hilarious (i have a sense of humour too)... but it makes me ashamed to think they call themselves christians and so do i...

here's another quote that is really stupid,

"Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different...More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history."

duh, christians aren't a minority in America and they aren't being killed either. what an idiotic statement. a lot of the stuff they said made me really frustrated because they supposedly represent the same God i do. i need to go pray now... bye

Edited by Blank

"Being nice to people is, in fact, one of the incidental tenets of Christianity, as opposed to other religions whose tenets are more along the lines of 'kill everyone who doesn't smell bad and doesn't answer to the name Mohammed'"

------ :shifty: I normally wouldn't slap a woman, but I am willing to make an exception this time if the opportunity presents itself.