Judge Rules Against Intelligent Design

Commissar

I almost linked to this news item also. I'm glad you did.

I have nothing against intelligent design. Hell, I'm a Catholic.

...But it was a bad battle. If I'm going to fight on behalf of my religion, that wasn't the particular hill on which I wished to die.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I think they should have allowed it and included the Flying Spaghetti Monster theory just to spite them.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Intelligent design is pseudoscience. Therefore, it shouldn't be taught at the same level as true science.

The need for a legal ruling is flabbergasting, though.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Elimination of church would be preferable, but yes, keep religion out of the public school systems. The Big Bang Theory is how the universe was created, not some "intelligent" design by some greater being. :rolleyes:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Intelligent design is pseudoscience. Therefore, it shouldn't be taught at the same level as true science.

psuedoscience? there ain't no science 'bout it. not deserve even pseudoscience label.

there is a school of thought that mankind brought Gods into existence simply to explain away the unknown. what cause the rain? what cause drought? what is the stars? why does we have fall follow summer, and spring follow winter? for every question we could not answer, we imagined Divine explanations.

is intelligent design any different? can't explain the evolution of platypus with science? must be God's will.

*shrug*

not science. am a religious person, but is insulting to even Gromnir's limited intelligence to be trying to convince us that intelligent design has any scientific basis.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Elimination of church would be preferable, but yes, keep religion out of the public school systems. The Big Bang Theory is how the universe was created, not some "intelligent" design by some greater being.  :(

i don't agree with intelligent design, but there a lot of kids living without morals and discipline that could really use religion. it just needs to be in its place (science and religion are different)

psuedoscience? there ain't no science 'bout it. not deserve even pseudoscience label.

there is a school of thought that mankind brought Gods into existence simply to explain away the unknown. what cause the rain? what cause drought? what is the stars? why does we have fall follow summer, and spring follow winter? for every question we could not answer, we imagined Divine explanations.

is intelligent design any different? can't explain the evolution of platypus with science? must be God's will.

*shrug*

not science. am a religious person, but is insulting to even Gromnir's limited intelligence to be trying to convince us that intelligent design has any scientific basis.

HA! Good Fun!

Have you read anything by stephen j gould? he has journal on science and religion the same as seperation of chruch and state. you can be religious and scientfic it is possible (you just can't explain one with the other they are seperate domains)

"you can be religious and scientfic it is possible "

did we ever suggest the contrary? go down the list of nobel prize winners for physics and pick out the atheists. ain't many.

Gromnir is religious.

Gromnir has a bs in physics from Cal.

there is no tension for Gromnir.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

well... I'm psudoreligious too... the ants worship my drinking of mountain dew.

No, Calax, you're just weird. That's not a religion. :Eldar's grinning and making fun of Calax icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The 'wall of separation between church and state' is a metaphor based on bad history which has proved useless as a guide to judging. It should be frankly and explicitly abandoned.

I somehow connected that quote with these kinds of people.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I believe that God created the heavens and the earth, but i don't want it being taught in schools as if it can be scientifically proven, because it can't be. same with the "big bang" though. the only proof of it is pathetic, just like the proofs for creationism. we have everything we can look at now, but that doesn't mean we have any idea of what caused it to be put into motion. you can't use the scientific method on either the big bang theory or creationism, both are screwed scientifically, so lets just work with the relavant science without forcing onto people unsupportable ideas about where everything came from, since it really has no bearings on current science, and i will argue that, so just try and say it does, i will be waiting.

I somehow connected that quote with these kinds of people.

They look like they would be fun at parties.

wow... And I thought my neighbors were bad.... (they like to say that it's the martians fault that global warming is occuring... because Mars is currently heating up too...)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.