X360 pretty much the same as ps3?

Jedihuh?

Heres a link in which it says that there is possibly little to no difference between the 2 graphic wise. I know i'll get the techs who say one is SOoo much better than the other, but I figured id stick this up here neways and see the feedback.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62199

(im not 2 sure if I just copy and paste the link that it'll work)

edit: it did work

Edited by Jedihuh?

folks buying an xbox 360 now are getting screwed. next year hddvd is gonna be standard on the xbox 360... is analogous to bluray.

"Well, so far I haven't seen anything on the X Box 360 that marks it clearly superior to the X Box 1 for the price"

really? Gromnir has seen some xbox 360 displays at local best buys... the games in hi-def look mighty purty to us. sadly, they is all shooters and adventure games.

nevertheless, we don't buy consoles. eventually, somebody will buy Gromnir an xbox 360 or a ps3... is just the way our universe works.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Key words there "for the price." I have seen the same games on both system side by side and the X Box 360 is only marginally better. With a regular DVD drive and a $300 to $400 price tag and games $10 to $15 more expensive I am sticking with the first X Box for quite a while.

The boring thing about the Xbox 360 is that while the graphics are prettier and the framerates higher (in some cases), it's just not enough to warrant a 'next generation' label. It's mean, but the Xbox 360 sure feels like an Xbox 1.5. At least for now.

Why didn't any of the big console makers buy Ageia's PhysX technology? It sounded like a perfect fit.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Xbox 360 is nothing new.

Same exact games (and I mean, EXACT), prettier graphics.

I suppose that's fine if you enjoy that kind of thing. It's an impressive machine. Seems kind of pointless at the moment though and anything worth getting on the 360 will probably be on PC as well (seems to be picking up a lot of shooters, and there is only one king for that genre).

PS3, well. Despite what I hear about all the new gadgets and blue-ray. Seems like its likely to perform no better or worse then the Xbox 360... Having however, the potential to far exceed it.

That will be my console of choice, since I enjoy japanese games.

The PS3 is supposed to have more raw peak performance, but it takes a significant amount of effort on the part of the programmer to bring out this performance. The X360 is a lot easier to program for and extract optimal performance from.

My original opinion, based on whatever public information was available, was even more extreme. It was clear that there was a lot of potential in the Cell (the PS3's CPU), but I felt it would be *impossible* to even get remotely close to its theoretical peak efficiency. In fact, I am still completely confused about why IBM/Sony decided to take this approach. The only thing stopping me from making a statement like "PS3 is teh suxorz !!1!shift1" is that I know IBM is not stupid (not so sure about Sony though... but then, I hate Sony with a passion).

Time will tell.

Are you kidding me? What's NOT vastly superior about the 360? Don't you see how innovative these graphics are? I mean, people aren't willing to do this for no reason http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=38754

360 will have Fallout 3: The Chosen One Must Choose. That alone makes it revolutionary. Add to that graphical innovation, and every household needs it. No one will ask how you acquired it.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

so a giant robot that duel wields lesbo's that duel wield rocketlaunchers that duel wield energy swords that command armies of little grunts to wipe out entire civilizations and penguins... did I get that right?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

so a giant robot that duel wields lesbo's that duel wield rocketlaunchers that duel wield energy swords that command armies of little grunts to wipe out entire civilizations and penguins... did I get that right?

Yeah, and then at the end of the game the Chosen One must choose whether to bed the lesbians or save the penguins.

"So yes. Metal Gear Solid 4 could work on Xbox 360 ("maybe some nuance or a small detail here and there might be different") and the reason for that, apparently is that "there are really no differences" between the PS3, 360 and PC"

You could say the same about the PS2 and the Xbox. Although why he mentions the PC dosnt make much sense since it's just a collection of parts not a "unit".

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I can't wait till febuary when some actual next gen games will be coming out. Like Ghost recon 3 and Gears of War. Oblivion. then we'll see what 360 can do.

Ghost Recon III is on all other systems. So the 360 version will just be prettier.

Gears of war might be good, but it may also be over in 6 hours. Which isnt worth

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The boring thing about the Xbox 360 is that while the graphics are prettier and the framerates higher (in some cases), it's just not enough to warrant a 'next generation' label. It's mean, but the Xbox 360 sure feels like an Xbox 1.5. At least for now.

Why didn't any of the big console makers buy Ageia's PhysX technology? It sounded like a perfect fit.

XBOX 180?

Well, we have hit the ceiling with technology right now. The only way it will improve significantly is being able to plug into a VR environment through a set of jacks.

Except that we've been saying that for years. I still say it, only to be continually wowed year after year. I'm kind of hoping we hit a ceiling soon, with increasing diminishing returns on graphics. This would mean more focus on other "gimmicks" like "Artifical Intelligence" or "gameplay" to separate your game from the rest.

Edited by alanschu

"So yes. Metal Gear Solid 4 could work on Xbox 360 ("maybe some nuance or a small detail here and there might be different") and the reason for that, apparently is that "there are really no differences" between the PS3, 360 and PC"

You could say the same about the PS2 and the Xbox. Although why he mentions the PC dosnt make much sense since it's just a collection of parts not a "unit".

He's probably saying that you can make a PC that has no real differences between either.