Kaftan Barlasts amazing thread of Art

Kaftan Barlast

Since everyone is so hyped about manga junk Im goig to teach myself how to draw proper western artsy comics to figh the hunns and preserve the essential decency of the white mans culture.. goddanm bats! *swings flyswatter*

post-4899-1135116821_thumb.jpg

"So whats it gonna be, Joey? The clawhammer or the hatchet?"

Painter IX with Wacom Intuos3 tablet.

inspired(rip-off) by the graphic novel "History of violence"

by John Wagner and Vincent Locke

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Oh, Id better post some older stuff too just to fill up >_<

hatman.png

"Good morning, Doctor Liston"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

perspective.jpg

Just doing perpective and tring the artists oils brushes. The central perpsective is of course, completely skewed here. I was just playing around without payig attention to if my lines matched.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

Actually, I'm quite fond of the third post, Kaftan. The landscape has an oddly fascinating quality.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I hate them all. In fact, the paper I wipe my butt with usually looks better than that.

Just kidding!

Seriously though.. I also like the landscape thingie. No idea why. I wish it was sharper so I could see more details. Maybe it's because it looks kind of post apocalyptic? Not sure. Me like anyhow.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Oooh, although his hair is kind of anime-ish youve got very good proportions and angles. Especially his hand and gun, good technique.

edit: getting blurry pictures in Painter (and PS even if you shoulnt paint in PS to begin with) is common because of the way the brushes are made, its hard to counter the "smudge effect" when painting digitally. Especially with the "artists oils" brush that works by applying a slob of paint and then smearing it out to simulate painting wet-on-wet

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

Yes, it is really about practicing. I myself do not find my own works so amazing though. Unfortunately, i haven't got enough spare time for practicing more.

I saw some really really great works on internet. They are much more better than my works. :o

Once, i tried to draw a picture in 10 minutes. I did all drawing, shading and coloring in ten minutes. Result is:

centinexxi.jpg

It is not great, but complete :(

centinexx.png

If you feel inferior then dont, Im not really as good as I seem to be.. if I showed my less fortunate doodles here youd see :rolleyes:

and I cheat, Im using a computer so I can alter and polish my stuff however I want. If I **** up I can just undo and if I want to try somethig I can just undo that aswell if it doesnt turn out right.

Yes, it is really about practicing. I myself do not find my own works so amazing though. Unfortunately, i haven't got enough spare time for practicing more.

I didnt think the practice thing was true but it is, you get alot better if you paint and draw often. Sure, you wont become a new Rembrandt without being born with a certain amount of talent but everyone can train their ability up to a good level. Just look at Van Gogh, he didnt start painting until he was 27 and then he just practised. You dont need to do it often either, just a small 10min doodle per day maybe.

but he important thing is to always try and draw just above your ability, always try to do things that you cant really do(then hide them if they turn ou bad :devil: )

..and for some reason, I think it has to do with the brain, its easier to paint or doodle with something(a brush with paint or ink) that does colour fields instead of lines(like a pencil). a led pencil is the most difficult thing you can doodle with.

Yes, if you can sketch out something, you can improve it. But, if you can't even draw a straight line then try music ;)

There is a site called ArtPad. You can draw a picture and replay your brush moves after that. It is very useful. I drew a picture for this thread. It is simple but i liked it. :)

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?iruy6mf16k8

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

indeed it was ...

good work Kaftan! although you still have a long way to go .. ;)

I would've expected a much more bizar setting or choice of theme! I was under the impression that you were the kind of artist that prefered to let the absurd images, you portrayed, speak for themselves! ^_^

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, the cityscape isnt really art... its concept art/illustration for school and I just did it for perspective and to learn using that brush better. Art is supposed to have a deeper meaning and a soul, illustration just needs to fit whatever your teacher/boss tells you to portray.

Well, the cityscape isnt really art...  its concept art/illustration for school and I just did it for perspective and to learn using that brush better. Art is supposed to have a deeper meaning and a soul, illustration just needs to fit whatever your teacher/boss tells you to portray.

i really like the dark cityscape you did. a few parts of it are realistic looking (on the left side there is a circuit-breaker box or whatever, and the fallen wooden panel that covered a broken window or whatever). it looks like a broken down city but with surreal elements throughout, really cool style :lol: