Serious problem on Dantooine

Whenever I am outside Khoonda, my game lags very bad. However, it's based on which direction my camera is facing. If I look one way, it's ok and I move fine. Look the opposite way, however, and the game almost freezes and my character jumps 50 feet. I've tried reinstalling the game, but that didn't help. I remember patching, which also didn't help.

This only happens outside of Khoonda, Not at the enclave, the cave, or inside the administration bulding.

Edited by Corn Flakes

I have similar problems - the graphics slow down considerably when approaching Khoonda, or when facing south after the transition to the Khoonda Plains near the crystal cave.

(P4 3.0C, i865 chipset, 1 MB RAM, nVidia 6600GT (128 MB RAM))

Graphics Settings are normally: 1280x1024, 2xAA, 2xAF, High Quality Textures, Grass Enabled, Soft Shadows Enabled, Pixel Flare Enabled.

I've tried various graphics settings, but I couldn't nail down the reason for the stuttering (I'm pretty sure it's a combination of several factors - which leads me to believe that ultimately, is a VRAM problem). As it happens at predictable locations and times, I haven't had much reason to worry about it too much. Sure, it's annoying, but only for less than 1% of the game.

Whenever I am outside Khoonda, my game lags very bad.  However, it's based on which direction my camera is facing.  If I look one way, it's ok and I move fine.  Look the opposite way, however, and the game almost freezes and my character jumps 50 feet.  I've tried reinstalling the game, but that didn't help.  I remember patching, which also didn't help.

This only happens outside of Khoonda,  Not at the enclave, the cave, or inside the administration bulding.

I had this exact problem with KOTOR 1 and 2. I believe it is a problem with non-nvidia graphics cards. Nvidia uses a technique called called vertex buffer objects to speed up the graphics. If you add DisableVertexBufferObjects=1 to your config file it should fix the graphics.

Is anyone reading my posts besides my first one?  I said I downloaded the latest ATI Catalyst Control Center.  That fixed it.  I didn't have to add that line.  Problem solved.

I god the very latest ATI catalyst control center and drivers and it did NOT fix the problem. I got the drivers straight from the ATI website.