More detail onto romance plots?

Anyone think if Obsidian does K3, there should be a little more detail with the romance plots? I think it would add to the overall impact of the game, instead of just getting into conversations where they "say" they love you. A good example the male K1 Revan relationship with Bastila. Once you got to a certain point, she declared her thoughts and there was no more, basically. Nothing that involves beds and people getting in other peoples ion thrusters. :-" Maybe some kissing, though, just to cement it.

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

Anyone think if Obsidian does K3, there should be a little more detail with the romance plots? I think it would add to the overall impact of the game, instead of just getting into conversations where they "say" they love you. A good example the male K1 Revan relationship with Bastila. Once you got to a certain point, she declared her thoughts and there was no more, basically. Nothing that involves beds and people getting in other peoples ion thrusters.  :-" Maybe some kissing, though, just to cement it.

All depends on the writers really.

In K1 the Bastilla/Revan romance was done to appeal to younger crowds. It was your most generic and basic romance angle around. A kiss would have definately finalized Bastila/Revan but I suspect thats not the crowd Bioware was going for.

In K2 the Handmaiden romance was extreamly well done and didnt need any kissing or such to finalize it. Her telling you her real name was more payoff then any kiss or physical act would have been able to protray.

Visas on the other hand, her pay off was also extreamly well done and didnt need more physical acts, however her build up story/interaction was so short some people were not able to "feel " the moment so to speak.

Then you look at JE, the kiss was needed to finalize that romance, with out it, the story fell flat and unfinished.

So really just depends on the writing and situation. You dont need the kissing and such if your back story /interaction can make the romance. But if you go with the K1/JE generic romance style, then yes you need that stuff to finalize the moments.

Anyone think if Obsidian does K3, there should be a little more detail with the romance plots? I think it would add to the overall impact of the game, instead of just getting into conversations where they "say" they love you. A good example the male K1 Revan relationship with Bastila. Once you got to a certain point, she declared her thoughts and there was no more, basically. Nothing that involves beds and people getting in other peoples ion thrusters.  :)" Maybe some kissing, though, just to cement it.

Ah, the old complaint of needing deeper romance options.

I agree it could've been deeper in some areas, (like in NPC interaction), but as Kalfear said, the romance was actually one of the better parts of interacting with your party.

Like the Handmaiden, where she tells you you name. Or Visas, where your character seemed to have a deep spiritual connection to her, so a kiss wouldn't really be neccesary.

With the Revan/Bastila romance, there was a kiss, but Bioware decided to fade to black during that scene for whatever reason.

Oh and the Atton death scene, so romantically angsty it's too good for words. (What can I say, I'm a romantic at heart).

And with how you truly got to know Bastila, in the end, the 'I love you' bit on the Star Forge just confirmed what happened in the *crafty kiss* on the Ebon Hawk.

P.S.

people getting in other peoples ion thrusters.
I'm going to have to remember that one. :- Edited by KOTORFanactic