forum interest decreasing?

roshan

Most of the threads over the past few days have degenerated into niggling rules discussions and the like...people want to spend time here but need to be given a reason for that.

I'd love to hear some kind of announcement from Obsidian, but, roshan, do you really believe that they would be doing much damage to their game if they keep quiet for a while longer?

It is past time Obsidian at least threw us a bone or two to keep up the interest in whatever they are doing, but I don't believe such a decision is theirs to make. LucusArts probably has them on a tight leash.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

IMO, this first test of the boards has been pretty successful. Had the initial influx of board junkies, the unmoderated and chaotic first weekend, and the moderated chatter that's been slowly dwindling as people realize that it's all been said before, and in many instances that it's been said to the same people. Out of all the potential consumers of this game, some 600 of them have actually signed up for the boards (being generous, I know).

They don't need to toss anyone a bone to keep the people who are already here interested in what they're doing... and it's not like the numbers are all that significant, anyway, from an overall game sales perspective. If we were willing do constantly check the website of a company that hasn't actually produced anything yet, for whether the message boards were even up or not, why would they expect that we wouldn't come back (assuming people even stopped coming here, of course) when they had real information to share?

The PR will come when the PR comes. Complaining about it won't make it happen any faster.

I don't think it unusual that "forum interest" in terms of posts is decreasing, as that only means that people, like myself, do not see much reason to post in many of the topics being discussed. Frankly, the thought of wading through many of the rather pointless threads that have popped up on these forums when the same small group of people are doing all the yakking makes me want to blubber like a madman in the corner of my room.

Like most folks, I'm just waiting for something interesting to talk about beyond the same old stuff that's been said over and over again elsewhere. I'm in no hurry, though. It's not as if these forums are going to disappear from underuse. Check in, perhaps read a couple of posts, check out. Nothing wrong with that.

When the licensor says so.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Have a game company. Create a home page. When you are well along in development, open forums. Get the testing of the forums out of the way when nothing "important" is going to be affected by any problems, bugs or other issues. When the time arrives, announce your first project and watch the posts come hard and heavy.

I agree with just about everyone else here. Just because the posts are waning in number doesn't mean interest is any less for this company or what they're doing. It just means interesting topics aren't happening right now and won't until there is something interesting to talk about. Projects will be announced when projects can be announced and then there will be plenty to post, celebrate, berate and complain about.

Well, it was a nice test to filter out the open-forum trash, and they are probably waiting for people to stop being so insistent. Just when you think they won't release info anytime soon, there it comes. Of course, the thing with big forums is that with every major event all sorts of idiots come in and go out.

Sorry, guys, if we could say anything, we would. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

Kind of you to reply

Out of sympathy for us

Think about it

Oh great designer

Really there must be a way

2 give us a hint

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Sorry, guys, if we could say anything, we would. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

Kind of you to reply

Out of sympathy for us

Think about it

Oh great designer

Really there must be a way

2 give us a hint

...hehehe...yer losin' more marbles daily, Krackhead...nice poem, though... :p

...an' look at it this way, lads & lasses; at least it ain't gonna be 'nother Jefferson situation (wit' Tymora's Blessin', anyways)... :)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way