Does sneak attack works with ranged weapons?

Well i was thinking about making my ranged character Jedi Consular, then Sith Assassin... The idea is to Insanity a group, then atack... Would that do any good? If not, what is a good ranger character like (personal opinion)?

I was dead set sure that you were asking about ranger prestige classes and longswords on the topic title. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No problem.

I can't help, however.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yes ranged weapons work with sneak attack.

Insanity, stasis or any of the other disabling powers. Not sure why you would want to be a consular though, if weapons are your primary attack method.

If you go for a consular and DS then you may as well force spam everything. It's faster.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yes ranged weapons work with sneak attack.

Insanity, stasis or any of the other disabling powers. Not sure why you would want to be a consular though, if weapons are your primary attack method.

If you go for a consular and DS then you may as well force spam everything. It's faster.

Well i'll be playing a ranged character because... Well i haven't done that yet :) ... In KotOR1 ranged weapons didn't seem to do much harm... But when in TSL, during my second playthrough, I equiped Handmaiden (non jedi) with a pair of fully (best) upgraded mandalorian disintegrators she kicked ass :)...

Consular because of force focus... And master focus to make the disabling powers succeed as often as possible...

Btw I DID go Sith Lord before, it was nasty fun, but now i want to try something different :) ....

In that case go for it. Ranged weapons are very effective with the right feats. Probably not as effective as twin sabers, but most things wont even get into melee range on Malachor. I did have to use sabers on our friendly little stage II end boss though. Although I could have just used powers I guess.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]