Broken English

Rosbjerg

Now I guess we've all heard or read some pretty amusing translations (into english) in our time .. especially if someone uses a phrase from his own country which doesn't quite mean the same in English! :blink:

I've got this book full of these and I thought it would be a good idea to share some of the most outrageous of these!

hope you enjoy! ^_^

Go Away - a sign in the window of a spanish travel agency

Olof Palme could bot come because he has a abad influence - cancelling a pressconference

I thank for giving my wife and me the clap. I thank you from the heart of my bottom - french-canadian politician

We have hardly tried to get you the information you asked for - a letter of correspondance from a norwegian firm

May I have your office telephone number and your privates? - Japanese secretary

Excuse me what is the fart limit? - a Swedish driver in England

Do not put foreign bodies into the lavatory - from an SAS airplane

Visitors are expected to complain at the office between 9 and 11 daily - hotel in Anthens

Ladies are requested not to have children in the bar - Sign in a norwegian bar

Studding i Cape Town is a great oppertunity for me to look at the world from a different angle - a student applying to a college

The report was signes by five faulty members of the University - English newspaper

Received a plague for Salesperson of the Year - from a CV

Please feel yourself at home - welcome sign in an airport in Thailand

We take your bags and send them in all directions - SAS Denmark

Beware of greasy corner where lurk skid demon. Cease step on, approach slowly, round cautiosly, resume step on gradually. - roadguide, Japan

Kinki Nippon Tourist Company changed their name, after several request for sex-trips, to Dai Young Travel ...

Passage of deformed man supermaket - entrance for handicapped, China

The provision of a large French widow in every room adds to the visitor's comfort. - Spanish Hotel

please do not bring solicitors into your room - hotel, Thailand

Guest are requested not to smoke or do other disgusting things in bed - Japanese hotel

Cooles and heates, if you want condition of warm air in your room, please control yourself. - usermanual on a airconditioner

Please leave you values at the front desk - hotel in Paris

because of the impropriety of entertaining guests of the opposite sex in the bedroom, it is suggested that the lobby be used - hotel

why not try our sauna baths? if you are lucky you might get a sausage - norwegian sauna

in case of fire, please stuff a towel under the door and expose yourself at the windowv - Hotel in Finland

if your are satisfactory, please tell you friends. If you are not saticfactory, please tell the waiter - Chinese restuarant

plenty more .. but I haven't got all day! and feel free to add your own finds .. :-

Fortune favors the bald.

why not try our sauna baths? if you are lucky you might get a sausage - norwegian sauna

What's so broken in that? :- Lots of norwegians gladly give you sausage in saunas.

I am satisfactory.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

For some reason I always find these things hystericly funny, its really bordering on abnormal. I suppose it is because I was given a similar book as a child.

"How plenty is the bell?"

-overheard at a pub in sweden.

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."