What's with the names of the characters?

linda

Well, I'm guessing you haven't gotten very through the game, so I won't reveal much except this. You discover the real names of Disciple/Handmaiden later in the game. Same for Mandalore.

Of course, they had to use Exile for the name of your character, since they can't put in the name that you choose. It'd just be too random, so they had to use that. Perhaps they could've done with something a little more creative, but that's just how things are.

Well, I'm guessing you haven't gotten very through the game, so I won't reveal much except this. You discover the real names of Disciple/Handmaiden later in the game. Same for Mandalore.

Of course, they had to use Exile for the name of your character, since they can't put in the name that you choose. It'd just be too random, so they had to use that. Perhaps they could've done with something a little more creative, but that's just how things are.

You're right, I haven't gotten very far... And stupid me for including Exile, I forgot that was me! I've got to get off these boards and get playing! And thanks for not giving anything away with the names... It's enough to know something will develop!

Nope, it's a title. Mandalore is the leader of the Mandalorians.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Come on! You know Mandalore! its a slang term for policeman. Its a corruption and contraction of "man of the law".

Wow! :blink:

That's quite smart, although it has really no relation to the character in the game :mellow:

He gets a cookie

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yeah, well... The name or noun "Mandalore" is a title for the head of the Mandalorians, like King or "My Lord" the supreme of the Mandalorians - it's the highest honor. But the rest suffers from being Unique characters... like HK-47 which is - it seems - just a model number now that HK-50's exist.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Obsidian didn't use Exile for the character name. Exile (and the longer form, Jedi Exile) is a fan nickname designed to somehow refer to that character. I wonder how they will call the KOTOR III main character...

Besides, I think it's sort of the point. They all used to have identities: the PC had a name and was a General in the Mandalorian Wars, Brianna was an Echani servant of Jedi Master Atris, Mical was a Jedi student, then a Republic agent and a historian, Canderous Ordo was a veteran of the Mandalorian Wars, a mercenary and a hero of the Republic, cavalier of the Cross of Clory...

Now they are just Exile, Handmaiden, Disciple, Mandalore. A bunch of vitality and Force points. Meat shields. Exile drains the identities of those who follow him...

• 2 weeks later...
hmmm, perhaps in k3 the characters will be able to pronounce the name of ur character no matter what you put in for a name :lol:

Yeah.. lets say you HAVE to use the Random Name Generator...

And the game could say all the combinations that comes from the RNG...

hmm.. but some people like inventing new strange names..

BTW, its been like 3 month's since I

Disciple is Disciple because he's a disciple of faith...of the force, of the jedi, of the republic, however you want to look at it. I saw him as kind of monk like, really.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts