The Military

random evil guy

Yes, it is true. I'm no longer a dirty nasty leg :D  I just graduated Airborne school on thursday and now I'm on my way to RIP. So in another month I'll finally be a Ranger. But I lucked out and the Army gave me Christmas exodus, meaning I get two weeks to finally relax :cool: Just thought I'd give you guys a sitrep on my training.

congrats, you're a moron for joining... go get yourself killed for absolutely no reason. i wont even mention what a ****ed up organziation the army really is...

Congratulations! :)

Can I ask what RIP is though? :ermm: (In the context of your thread-starting post)

RIP is the Ranger Indoctrination Program which is a 3 week assessment that shows if you will have what it takes to move on to a Ranger battalion and start working your way to Ranger School.

Is it just me, or did anyone else get goosebumps seeing the word "indoctrination" in there?

Good on you, seems to be something you are happy with ;)

I agree about the whole indoctrination thing. It gives me the willies. Not that I think its bad. It's just that it sounds like something out of the Gulag.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hey guys. Sorry it took me so long to respond to some of these posts. I've been catching up with a few people back home.

Congratulations.

Dying for your "country". What a delightful ideal.

No, actually my objective is to make the other bastard die for his. And even if I should die for my country, I will have no regrets because I died defending what I love and believe in. So are you telling me that you would not fight and risk death for your country if it came under attack?

Congrats! Don't forget to post a few pictures of your equipment once you get it :))

I definitely will once I get to Ranger battalion. I have some pictures from airborne school, but they're on a disposable camera. But I'll try to get them developed and posted up on here ASAP. It's too bad I couldn't bring a camera with me on my jumps though :D

Yes, it is true. I'm no longer a dirty nasty leg :D  I just graduated Airborne school on thursday and now I'm on my way to RIP. So in another month I'll finally be a Ranger. But I lucked out and the Army gave me Christmas exodus, meaning I get two weeks to finally relax :cool: Just thought I'd give you guys a sitrep on my training.

congrats, you're a moron for joining... go get yourself killed for absolutely no reason. i wont even mention what a ****ed up organziation the army really is...

:lol:

Yeah, you sound like you really know what you are talking about :thumbsup: You just sound like a little punk who doesn't understand that the military is the one who protects the freedoms and rights that you hold so dearly. Maybe some day you will appreciate the sacrifices that the armed forces have made so you don't have to. While you sit at home on your computer talking on forums, they are out there fighting and destroying those who would do harm to you and the rest of the country. They fight so you don't have to.

But that makes them a bunch of morons in a ****ed up organization, right? :rolleyes:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I agree about the whole indoctrination thing.  It gives me the willies.  Not that I think its bad.  It's just that it sounds like something out of the Gulag.

It gives you the creeps but you dont think its bad?! :huh: To me it sounds like where you take human beings and transform them into soldiers

You just sound like a little punk who doesn't understand that the military is the one who protects the freedoms and rights that you hold so dearly.

That was true 60 years ago during WW2, but I dont see how the Iraq war in any way protected the freedom and rights of US citizens? To me, this second "war on terror"(Reagan did the first one in Nicaragua and such places) has only stepped on the freedoms and rights of the people by giving them such splendid acts of human benevolence as the terror laws which or "black site" prisons.

But ok, as long as youre innocent, you have nothing to fear... right?

:)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I believe this merits a response.

Military members don't get to pick their battles. But let's say, for a moment, they did. There are plenty of MENSA-class minds who genuinely believe that the involvement in Iraq will spell better security for America in the future. I don't happen to agree with them, but that's not my call to make. And it doesn't matter, either. Whether it's a good idea or not, there are soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines over there and in Afghanistan who are doing precisely what their country has asked of them, and there's nothing idiotic about wanting to be there to provide leadership, support, or simply watch their ass when they kick down that door. They had the stones to sign on the dotted line; they deserve people who are committed to performing to the best of their ability right there along with them.

Speaking of stones and smarts, let's go take a real intellectual challenge. Strap some boots on and get running. When you can't go any farther, keep running. When you're puking your guts out, keep running. Do that for three weeks, knowing that there're three more months of it to come if you make it through. Oh, and here's where the intellectual part comes in: when you finally get to stop running, make a decision. A real decision, not some "What color should my lightsaber be?" crap. Make a decision with your life and the lives of four to forty of your closest friends depending on you being right. Now do it twenty times a day. Let's hone your problem-solving skills after you've been run ragged for a month straight and dropped fifteen pounds - most of it muscle, because you're not getting enough nutrition. Solve problems when you're tired, when you're cold, when you're wet, when you're hungry and thirsty, when you can't call it a day and go home.

It's real easy to snipe at a guy from the anonymity of the internet. Fact of the matter is, there probably isn't much he couldn't outperform you in at the moment, and it wouldn't even be a contest when he's finally done with hooah school. Three months of hell takes a level of commitment and dedication that you're not likely to find in front of a keyboard. And while we're all having ourselves a good time here, he could get the word at any moment that he's headed out. Sorry, honey, I can't tell you where I'm going, when I'll be back, or what I'll be doing. Moron? He could be as dumb as a rock and I'd prefer to buy him a beer any day over whatever personality spawned your post. When we need them, he and guys like him are the ones we count on, and you have the audacity to take potshots from the cheap seats. Go sit in a corner until you learn some manners.

No, actually my objective is to make the other bastard die for his. And even if I should die for my country, I will have no regrets because I died defending what I love and believe in. So are you telling me that you would not fight and risk death for your country if it came under attack?

Notice the bloody apostrophes.

I was implaying that this little war of yours has money for a motif and that you, my little G.I. Joes, are fighting the fights of obese oil moguls. Good for you. I have little against soldiers of any type. But, I openly admit a disgust for right-wing drones of whatever shapes and sizes. I hope you're not one of them.

And no, I would not murder another human being, nor would I take orders from a corrupt power-hungry government.

I have not one ounce of patriotism in my frail bones. Not one.

Could be me, but I am not under the impression that Iran, North-Korea, Irak or Afghanistan (sorry if I missed some other countries) attacked your country, or are part of your country...

Ofcourse they all share the same level of intelligent in their leaders, but there ends the comparisson.

Yeah, you sound like you really know what you are talking about  You just sound like a little punk who doesn't understand that the military is the one who protects the freedoms and rights that you hold so dearly. Maybe some day you will appreciate the sacrifices that the armed forces have made so you don't have to. While you sit at home on your computer talking on forums, they are out there fighting and destroying those who would do harm to you and the rest of the country. They fight so you don't have to.

But that makes them a bunch of morons in a ****ed up organization, right?

Protects the freedom and right. If you were talking about the NATO or "Blue Helmets" of the UN I would agree. But the American Army you hold precious is currently INVADING/VIOLATING freedom and rights...

The sacrifices done in Irak and maybe in the future Iran or North-Korea don't help anybody. Loads of newsstories tell that the Irakian population thinks "that it was safer and more secure, with more rights for the people under Saddam", not quite what was promised...

And while we are at it, the military operations even make it more insecure world-wide. Many people get pissed and annoyed due to unauthorized attacks by the US on Moslim-countries and due to your countries actions in Irak and Afghanistan Jihad-recruiters in Europe get a lot of kids that would love killing themselves in the US, taking so many of "the ones you protect" with them...

Fighting the ones that can do harm in your country? Since when does a liberty fighter in Irak is a threat in the US? Do you really think these people would fly all the way to America to kill people in order to gain something in their own country?

EDIT: You didn't cause the Irak/Afghanistan war. Forgot the world country there

Edited by Battlewookiee

Then again, good for you. Hope more "innocent" youths join.

Perhaps soon our most egotistical and barbaric society will finally crumble.

What an orgasmic thought of gargantuan proportions this is.

Edited by Baley

Could be me, but I am not under the impression that Iran, North-Korea, Irak or Afghanistan (sorry if I missed some other countries) attacked your country, or are part of your country...

Wow. Has Afghanistan's link to terrorism been forgotten already? I don't care where you're from, the leader(s) of your country agreed that Afghanistan was a justified military offensive. The average Afghani is quite happy that the Taliban are out. We haven't invaded Iran, to my knowledge. And if you don't know why we're in South Korea, I can't help you.

The sacrifices done in Irak and maybe in the future Iran or North-Korea don't help anybody. Loads of newsstories tell that the Irakian population thinks "that it was safer and more secure, with more rights for the people under Saddam", not quite what was promised...

Tell me, right now, how many of the eighteen Iraqi provinces currently have any signs of insurgent activity.

It's four.

When was the last time Iraq had a democratic election? Know what? I don't like Bush, either. I don't think we should've gone to Iraq, either. But to pretend that we're not making progress there is asinine. Will the grand Bush strategy work? I have no idea, and I still have my doubts. But it's a course that the world's committed to at the moment, and there's not much you can do about that.

Fighting the ones that can do harm in your country? Since when does a liberty fighter in Irak is a threat in the US? Do you really think these people would fly all the way to America to kill people in order to gain something in their own country?

Al-Qaeda makes up a large percentage of the current Iraqi insurgency. If you don't believe that al-Qaeda has any interest in flying over here to kill people in order to gain something, once more, I can't help you. I for one believe we need to pick our battles carefully and fight only where we need to, but let's start arguing within the frame of reality here.

"Loads of newsstories tell that the Irakian population thinks "that it was safer and more secure, with more rights for the people under Saddam", not quite what was promised..."

Hahah. That's false. Most iraqis believe they are better off without Saddam. Most are happy that Saddam is no longer in power. While the majority of Iraqis want the US out of their country, they are happy that he is gone.

You listen to much non Iraqis. Iraqis actually have a more postive view of the whole thing than most Amerikans, and espicially against the rest of the ME/Arab world who actually hate Iraq and want to see Iraq destroyed.

While Iraqis are dissapointed that things have not gone perfetcly, most believe it will get better and it's already better than under Saddam.

Stop making myths up to make yourself fell better.

As pointed out as well, Afghanistan was very much intwined with AQ under the Taliban. There as well, Afghanistans - the majority of them - are hystiercally happy the Taliban ar enothing but on the fringes now.

As pointed out, the US has not attacked Iran so what yoiu talking about willy?

As for the Korean thing. The US is in South Korea because South Korea has asked the US to be there. Afterall, SK is the US' ally so the US has every obligation to help an ally when asked.

Game over.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

As for the Korean thing. The US is in South Korea because South Korea has asked the US to be there. Afterall, SK is the US' ally so the US has every obligation to help an ally when asked.

Well, that and the fact that a million land mines and forty thousand Americans are all that is currently preventing a Korean reunification in force.

Wow.  Has Afghanistan's link to terrorism been forgotten already?  I don't care where you're from, the leader(s) of your country agreed that Afghanistan was a justified military offensive.  The average Afghani is quite happy that the Taliban are out.  We haven't invaded Iran, to my knowledge.  And if you don't know why we're in South Korea, I can't help you.

No, but guess who actually trained, and armed those "nice" Taliban and Al-Qaeda members. That's right; The US. You guys gave them the arms to hurt you to bug Russia, and that was no problem; but now that they bugged you, all hell breaks loose.

And yes, the leaders agreed that because of the awfull attack on Sept. 11, which, as already proved before, could have been prevented if your agencies didn't neglected important information given long before 2001...

Yes, the Afghani may be happy with that, but the killing of innocents, bloodsheds by US-soldiers on weddings, and bombings of homes by the US are probably not making them happier...

No, you haven't invaded Iran yet

And North-Korea was also almost a target for the US, probably still is. Those damn invisible non-existing nukes bother and allow invasions, no?

Tell me, right now, how many of the eighteen Iraqi provinces currently have any signs of insurgent activity.

It's four.

When was the last time Iraq had a democratic election?  Know what?  I don't like Bush, either.  I don't think we should've gone to Iraq, either.  But to pretend that we're not making progress there is asinine.  Will the grand Bush strategy work?  I have no idea, and I still have my doubts.  But it's a course that the world's committed to at the moment, and there's not much you can do about that.

Democratic election. Yes, like the US had... eh, where the loser won by cheating?

And as said before, would they wan't democratic elections, if that causes more fighting, bloodshed and trouble nation-wide?

And progress... obviously crime reduces when you just arrest every random person, torture them for several months, then release them because there is a Thanksgiving or Christmas...

Al-Qaeda makes up a large percentage of the current Iraqi insurgency.  If you don't believe that al-Qaeda has any interest in flying over here to kill people in order to gain something, once more, I can't help you.  I for one believe we need to pick our battles carefully and fight only where we need to, but let's start arguing within the frame of reality here

Do they? There haven't been a lot of proove of that, was there? It was one of the first claims of President Bush, but quickly retracted because it just wasn't true.

And yes, Al-Qaeda does do that, I was just talking about the small "freedom fighter", they proved that 4 years ago.

But that is because they are a world-wide organisation, eh?

And I agree that you should only fight were it is needed, as when you do more automatically more fighting opportunities rise, because of protesting wars/riots/terror attacks

"No, you haven't invaded Iran yet"

It should be noted that my evil country has not invade France YET. Oh my god!

"And North-Korea was also almost a target for the US, probably still is. Those damn invisible non-existing nukes bother and allow invasions, no?"

NK has all but admitted to haveing nukes, and nuke technology. They have also threatened to attack SK an ally of the US. The US has every right, no, every obligation to protect an ally. Not to mention, both sides are still techniclaly at war and have been for decades.

"Democratic election. Yes, like the US had... eh, where the loser won by cheating?"

Huh? Bush didn't cheat in either electiuon. He followed the law.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And North-Korea was also almost a target for the US, probably still is. Those damn invisible non-existing nukes bother and allow invasions, no?

North Korea is and likely will remain a potential target of the US for the forseeable future, and not just because of their desire for nuclear weapons - which they probably already have.

If you don't know why, there's no use in continuing this debate.

"Loads of newsstories tell that the Irakian population thinks "that it was safer and more secure, with more rights for the people under Saddam", not quite what was promised..."

Hahah. That's false. Most iraqis believe they are better off without Saddam. Most are happy that Saddam is no longer in power. While the majority of Iraqis want the US out of their country, they are happy that he is gone.

I don't say they are not happy that he is gone. Just saying that under US-Reign it is even worse with crime-rates and the such, so they should also bug off...

You listen to much non Iraqis. Iraqis actually have a more postive view of the whole thing than most Amerikans, and espicially against the rest of the ME/Arab world who actually hate Iraq and want to see Iraq destroyed.

No, it is based on interviews made with the population of Irak. And no, not the interviews on CNN ofcourse...

While Iraqis are dissapointed that things have not gone perfetcly, most believe it will get better and it's already better than under Saddam.

Stop making myths up to make yourself fell better.

And also a majority thinks of not... stop looking everything through US-Colored glasses

As pointed out as well, Afghanistan was very much intwined with AQ under the Taliban. There as well, Afghanistans - the majority of them - are hystiercally happy the Taliban ar enothing but on the fringes now.

Yes, but as I mention in my post above, Taliban and Al-Quada came to power in Afghanistan due to the US in the first place...

As pointed out, the US has not attacked Iran yet so what yoiu talking about willy?

Yeah. Not talking about the US being there. Talking about the American planning to invade North-Korea for the War on Terror...

It should be pointed out that the evil Amerikans also have soliders in Germany. How dare they!

They don't occupy the country there... just being stationed

It should be noted that my evil country has not invade France YET. Oh my god!

Oh, and have they made attempts and such to make French look like a "terrorist supporting country threatning the US and we have to take down"? No. If you don't get it why I list Iran and North-Korea don't respond like this...

NK has all but admitted to haveing nukes, and nuke technology. They have also threatened to attack SK an ally of the US. The US has every right, no, every obligation to protect an ally. Not to mention, both sides are still techniclaly at war and have been for decades.

So, nukes threatning the US? Having nukes is evil? Then why can Israel, Pakistan and India still not be as high as NK on the "Terror list"?

Huh? Bush didn't cheat in either electiuon.  He followed the law

He did not cheat in his first election? How can you not see that he obviously did?

North Korea is and likely will remain a potential target of the US for the forseeable future, and not just because of their desire for nuclear weapons - which they probably already have.

If you don't know why, there's no use in continuing this debate.

I know why, but I just noted NK and Iran because they are high on the US' "List of Terror", which America is gladly following...

And also a majority thinks of not... stop looking everything through US-Colored glasses

You're asking Vologic to stop looking at everything through US (right wing US, to boot) coloured glasses? :(

R00fles!

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Well, I could write some long-winded and well-thought post about why the military is necessary and how the people that make it up are worthy of admiration, but apparently ol' Commie is already giving you hell. :(

Only thing I'd like to add is that it's my firm belief that most of you taking shots at Hooah and the military in general wouldn't have the balls to do what he is doing. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.