Lawful Good: Nameless One?

nightcleaver

I finished the vast majority of my games as Lawful Good. I just did everything I could consider "good."

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I finished the vast majority of my games as Lawful Good.  I just did everything I could consider "good."

Interestingly enough, the last time I played PS:T I finished the game Lawful Good despite killing Trias and snatching his pirate-monkey-ninja awesome Celestial Fire...which incidently can only be wielded if you're Lawful Good! ^_^

manthing2.jpg

I was annoyed that that one sword's only restriction was that it was only usable by lawful/good. So I went through the game trying to be lawful/good, only to be rewarded by not being able to use the sword.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My favorite part was redeeming the wretched fellow. The player actually has some lattitude in regards to his actions for being Lawful Good. That makes sense. PS:T is the only game that got alignment right. SP and I have had pages and pages of fights over it, but it makes a lot more sense than the stupid PnP alignment rules.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I was annoyed that that one sword's only restriction was that it was only usable by lawful/good. So I went through the game trying to be lawful/good, only to be rewarded by not being able to use the sword.

Do you mean Trias' sword?

(Which is funny, he is chaotic good himself, IIRC)

I know there's supposedly a way to get to lawful good alignment in Planescape: Torment, but I can't find a guide that really seems to tell me what I need to do to attain that. Any of you PS: T fans know?

You can become lawful by not choosing any of the joking and (obviously) chaotic option, like talking to the undead in the first few levels.

Hope this help.

Edited by Pagan

Celestial Fury (or was it Fire?) is the sword that requires Lawful Good but there is plenty of other good weapons around.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Godsmen Axe!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Godsmen Axe!

Hey! I used that one until the very end :ermm:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

No, he's lawful good according to the game.

Obsidian Plays

there is multiple options in ps:t where you can Vow or Promise... those seem to be the most obvious actions that chris a seemed to think were lawful.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah that one. The only gripes I have about the entire game was the lack of swords and the lack of armor. My ex girlfriend absolutely loved the game until she found out you couldn't wear armor.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

No, he's lawful good according to the game.

Well, he is I guess.

I was basing my decision on the fact that he lied to you.

BTW, in Infinity Explorer he is shown as Neutral/Neutral Evil :lol:

Edited by Diamond

Ps:T is the only game where you could alter the law/neutral/chaotic thing isnt it? NWN only allowed for good/evil points.

and I dont think the alignment system should be applied to PC's, it just there for things like "smite evil" to function. all it does with PCs is to restrict things

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

NWN only allowed for good/evil points.

NWN allows shifting Law/Chaos too (if you mean engine, not the OC)

I always end the game as Neutral Good or Chaotic Neutral.

I don't even know how "evil" icon looks like. :)

Edited by Diamond