How many Japanese?

Meshugger

(This for consoles only)

I recently did count of my gaming library and noticed how many japanese games that i have compared to the rest of the world:

Japanese: 22

The rest: 13

Thus, the japanese titles take up 62% of all my games. How's your library? (This was conducted on my Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube libraries.)

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

100%.

Well, alright. I do have Eternal Darkness. I guess it lands around 75% total.

Edited by Lord Tingeling

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

japanese: 0

rest of the world: 13

our explanation for this is that japanese games and anime makes Gromnir's head hurt in the same way that watching joel shumacher destroy batman were painful to watch.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Japan : 0

Rest of the world : to lazy to count

I don't like Japan. Don't like anime, don't like their childish culture and i don't like their over-rated art and martial history. Infact, the orient as a whole it's over-rated in my book.

I mean, can anybody explain what the heck is this supposed to be? :

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/20...0_screen035.jpg

I say no to japan, thank you...

I don't like Japan. Don't like anime, don't like their childish culture and i don't like their over-rated art and martial history. Infact, the orient as a whole it's over-rated in my book.

He is suppose to be a kid without a shirt wearing metal greaves and gauntlets.

Was that so hard to see?

Also, I

Yeah, japanese games sure are a handful. I was like, playing Resident Evil 4 on my gamecube, and then suddenly I was like, "Jesus christ I can't stand this anime faggotry" and promptly threw my copy out the window.

Edited by Lord Tingeling

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I'm not into anime either, but Asia in general still makes some amazing games.

I completely agree with you. I have no Japanese titles for my Xbox and PC. And 1 for my PSP and 1 for my PS.

I love western titles, western RPG's. And for me, it is hard to love both JRPG's and WCRPG's at the same time.

centinexx.png

Lyric Suite is apparently a descendant of Mussolini's. Don't mind him. His ideology has long been crushed and laid to waste, and he's still bummed out about it. Sorry bud, fascism got its ass kicked. What's weird is that Italy hasn't made any games of note from what I can tell, so he bashes Japan and Asia in general (you know, 60% of the human race) then tries to connect his self-worth into nations that are all... not... Italy. Kinda weird. You'd think Italy woulda made a bunch of awesome games in order for this guy to follow his logic all the way through. But nah.

Personally, I don't like to segregate my games by their national origin. There doesn't seem to be any benefit from doing so. If I do file games into certain categories, I usually do it according to the political views buried subtly underneath the game. I think Deus Ex, made by the liberal American Warren Spector, is much different than say, any of the Tom Clancy games, which have a conservative bent due to the American conservative author, Tom Clancy. (Ex: in the first Rainbow Six game, your arch enemy is a group of environmental extremists. In Deus Ex, your enemies are all rich elitists.) So instead of saying Deus Ex is American, and Killer7 is Japanese, I say... Deus Ex and Killer7 are both left-wing.

I'm playing Onimusha 3, and really love the Metal Gear series, which are from Japan. Also playing NWN1 and Homeworld 2, which are from Canada. IL-2 Sturmovik, from Russia, was great. I play Blitz 1941, an online tank RPG from Korea, and I really dig that Kingdom Under Fire series from there, too. Battlefield 2 gets the most hours, and I think that game is from Sweden or something. Serious Sam was fun, and that was from Croatia I believe. Little Fighter 2, from China. Call of Duty 2, Warcraft 3, and X-wing Alliance from the USA. Games are coming from so many nations these days, and it's great. I think most game designers like the international aspect of the game industry, and don't really spend much time sitting around talking about which nation's gaming culture is superior to another. Especially since I'm under the impression that most game designers have somewhat left-leaning views, which tends to be pretty supportive of internationalist politics.

Edited by GuardianLegend

Lyric Suite is a descendant of Mussolini's. Don't mind him. His ideology has been crushed and laid to waste.

That was so cliche. If you can't come up with something witty to say, when you are so blatantly attempting to be witty, just shut up, and save yourself the embarassment. :-

At any rate, I agree with Lyric. The whole asian culture stuff is overrated, with the possible exception of India and maybe China.

0 jap games here.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, at least we agree it's a it, i wouldn't classify that thing as something befitting a depiction of a real human being...

You do realize this is a game correct? Non-Fiction.

Also, there is following of the Effeminate male in America and Europe. Don't kid yourself by saying it's exclusive to the Japanese.

The guy is suppose to be around 15 too I think.

Don't get me wrong, normally i wouldn't be so hard on them if my fellow westerners would drop this absurd obsession and blind praise for a culture that is entirely retrograde and inferior to our own in many ways.

Well, of course that entire statement depends on you being right.

However, you are not. Plain and simple.

Lyric Suite is a descendant of Mussolini's. Don't mind him. His ideology has been crushed and laid to waste.

I know, it's pointless to argue with him. Since he has probably closed his mind to any opinions that are different from his own.

But I don't know, I guess I just like to argue...

0% Japanese, couldn't count the others.

I don't like anime and I don't like the common angsty teenage androgenous protagonists.

if it's 0% Japanese, then it's kind of obvious it's 100% other.

I'm glad such preconceptions dont keep me from playing games anymore :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

12 out of 16 PS2 games I own are Japanese. Didn't count the PS1 games

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I own a lot of japanese games but most of them are crap. And I mean CRAP. They're either full of teenage girls with supershort skirts and preteen bodies (except the boobs.. they are always huge) or full of strange genderless beings with gigantic eyes, butt-ugly clothes and spiky hair. Often you'll get both in the same game. And don't forget the obligatory upskirt scene. That's always included, no matter the game.

The japanese people must have some sort of mass population defunct in the sense that they get lost easily. Why else would they make 95% of their games as narrow corridors where you absolutely cannot get lost or even go the wrong way? Not that it matters, since most of the time the gameplay consists of walking through those bizarre corridors for 20 seconds and then watch a confusing, sexistic movie for 5 minutes, totally void of player interaction. Some games are even sadistic enough to not let you skip the movies.

Then, once in a while, along comes a game like Resident Evil 4, Kingdom Hearts or Dragon Quest 8 that somehow manages to make you forget about those 2000 other atrocious games they've vomited over you.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well since you asked: Yaoi.

Saying all the games from certain country suck or all the games from certain country are teh awesomness is ridiculous.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Then, once in a while, along comes a game like Resident Evil 4, Kingdom Hearts or Dragon Quest 8 that somehow manages to make you forget about those 2000 other atrocious games they've vomited over you.

I'd lthink that a steady flow of crap games comes from any culture, it is a production thing.

Culture

Besides, everyone here who just said how inferior Japanese culture is, tell me, have you ever known a single Japanese person? They are normal and absolutely mentally healthy people. All conclusions that they are sickos come from the perception of "exported" bits of culture. I was exposed to both Western and Eastern cultures, and I can say there are things in both cultures that I don't like (notice I am not saying "I don't like 'em, hence they are crap").

And now somebody complained about pedophilic and other perverted tendencies in some anime. Ask yourself, why does it get translated and exported in such amount to your country?

Innovation

It comes from EVERYWHERE, but not all of it gets press.

Anime

I am not a big fan of anime, but I don't understand anime haters.

I for one hate sport games. I can't play a minute of it, it bores me to tears. However I don't declare it inferior to other games, because there are a lot of people who likes it.

And on topic:

Japanese: 30%

Others: 70%