Newbie Guide

Child of Flame

If this constitutes as flaming, my apologies...

:D Not even close in my book. I think it's called 'venting' >_< .

My point is that maybe you guys should start over since he and I have been talking in PM. As a new guy here, cut him a little slack. Not a lot but certainly remember that we were all newbs once. :)

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

If this constitutes as flaming, my apologies...

:D Not even close in my book. I think it's called 'venting' >_< .

My point is that maybe you guys should start over since he and I have been talking in PM. As a new guy here, cut him a little slack. Not a lot but certainly remember that we were all newbs once. :)

Ugh. I would, but he claimed to call a truce last night then starts this crap up again today. Not only do I miss most of the fun while I'm out, but I also attract the attention of the Illuminati.

I'm leaving him alone from now on though. Members that make complete fools of themselves then run to the Moderators when they draw the anger of those that have to put up with them are more trouble than they're worth.

Geez.

Ugh.  I would, but he claimed to call a truce last night then starts this crap up again today.  Not only do I miss most of the fun while I'm out, but I also attract the attention of the Illuminati. 

I'm leaving him alone from now on though.  Members that make complete fools of themselves then run to the Moderators when they draw the anger of those that have to put up with them are more trouble than they're worth. 

Geez.

i think somebody needs a hug :)

1 46r33 7h47 1337 5p33k 5u(k5 p|3453 d0n'7 u53 17. 7h4nk5.

I really hate that.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

You guys crack me up. What makes any of you think a new person gives a crap what your person opinions are on their posting style? If you dont like something, dont respond.

How about you think before posting? Trust me, it really helps when you are trying to make a point.

I don't actually need to read his posts to find a user annoying. Such user can accomplish that by spamming emoticons, flooding otherwise fine threads with retarded responses, using annoying signatures and/or avatars, or creating stupid threads which might send good threads to the second page.

So yeah, thanks for your ever so useful advice.

And, at any rate, only a total jackass goes to a new place and doesn't "give a crap" about what the people there think, even more so when those people are being quite reasonable. Are you a jackass?

Note that this wasn't intended as a flame to morewhatever, I was talking in general here.

Or use the Ignore function.  I have it on certain individuals I don't like.  Its a wonderful little add on.

Unfortunately the ignore function isn't all that hot. Sometimes people will reply to the user you have ignored, and then all of the sudden, the thread makes no sense. And if you have several ignored users posting in the same thread... it's just chaos. :blink:

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

How about you think before posting? Trust me, it really helps when you are trying to make a point.

I don't actually need to read his posts to find a user annoying. Such user can accomplish that by spamming emoticons, flooding otherwise fine threads with retarded responses, using annoying signatures and/or avatars, or creating stupid threads which might send good threads to the second page

So yeah, thanks for your ever so useful advice..

Boo Hoo, poor poopy pants. What makes you think anyone gives a ratsass what you think? Who cares what annoys you? Everyone is here for their own purposes. Youre personal opinions arent worth the air you waste spewing them. If you cant handle it, GTFO.

Are you a jackass?

Yes, yes I am. Does that make your eyes well up with tears? I bet youre furiously trying to come up with a smarmy reply as we speak. Dont rush, take your time and make it worth my while.

Note: this wasnt intended as a flame, I was talking in general of course.

Edited by Gfted1

You realize you've just made a n00b out of yourself don't you?

Hahaha, Ive been a member of this forum longer then youve had pubic hair boy.

a few more posts and Gromnir might suspect that krazy were back. is suitably offensive and crass... but largely accurate too.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Santa says you are all getting a lump of coal for Christmas because you are all mean and nasty to each other. :angry:

Ho ho ho, now thats not the spirit of christmas now is it? :)

Aww heck, I guess you boys can have nice gifts if you all promise to kiss and make up... and let Old Santa watch.

Don't mind me, i'm just taking my pants off... ok, kiss and make up now!

You realize you've just made a n00b out of yourself don't you?

Hahaha, Ive been a member of this forum longer then youve had pubic hair boy.

The dates don't line up, I'm sorry.

I am surprised to see you've been around that long by your join date though. What'd you do, register and then forget about the place for a year?

Santa says you are all getting a lump of coal for Christmas because you are all mean and nasty to each other.

Ho ho ho, now thats not the spirit of christmas now is it?

Aww heck, I guess you boys can have nice gifts if you all promise to kiss and make up... and let Old Santa watch.

Don't mind me, i'm just taking my pants off... ok, kiss and make up now!

:)

I'd just like to say that most of us are very accepting of newbies. They have respect when they arrive, and they are given some slack because they're new. Making a silly thread is forgivable. Making the odd rude comment is forgivable. Flaming in every other post, however, is not. Flaming Blank because he tried to give someone advice is downright stupid. That's not an attack, that's a fact. There have been many new guys I've PMd with welcome. There have been others I have defended. But some of the posts we've seen in this thread are completely uncalled for. If no more of this childish "rebellion" takes place, I will remain kind and welcoming. If one more person flames in response to a serious and fair post, I'm going to get a warning.

And Morekotorplz, please use quotes. That isn't a suggestion to help you fit in, that is a request from one member to another. It can get really confusing after a while. Thank you.

sig2.gif

a few more posts and Gromnir might suspect that krazy were back.  is suitably offensive and crass... but largely accurate too.

HA! Good Fun!

Look what the cat dragged in, Gromnir Il Khan. How you been, havent seen you around for many many moons. Seen Karzak lately? I havent since he got das boot from the Lair.