Newbie Guide

Child of Flame

That makes me think, what does everyone think is qualified as newbie anyway? :thumbsup:

I would say its someone who hasn't been here for over a month and hasn't got more than something like 50 posts, but i get a different idea from the rest of you :rolleyes:

It is individual. Your definition pretty much covers the majority of people, but there are extreme cases.

Prune, stickify, enjoy.

Please?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

2. Lurk for awhile. Feel the place out, look at what draws the wrath of the forumites and what they laugh at, try and fly under the radar rather than pissing everybody off your first week here.

3. Netsp33k and 1337sp33k are generally looked down upon here, please to be composing your posts with complete sentences and proper English.

i protest these and your gonna have to deal with it!

but i will follow the search and KOTOR 3 tenets

by the way why did you say king speak when your from Norcal?

:devil: poser perhaps ??

oh and its northern california if were not going to be a hypocrite  :ermm:

and why is this thread up again good lord OCD

Lurking for awhile is always a good idea, you don't jump into a room at a party and treat everyone like you've known them for years (unless you're a jackass).

Netsp33k and 1337sp33k are annoying.

I will start a poll if you want, but I already know most of the forum member's feelings about this.

And NorCal is not 1337 or Netsp33k, it's a shortening of two words, usually used locally. Idiot.

Also, Lady Crimson:

Way Off-Topic

( 418 posts / 33% of this member's active posts )

Edited by Child of Flame

More than half of my non-WoT posts. Sad, just sad. :D

I don't see NorCal used very much myself...but it's definitely not l33t speak.

And yes, in terms of topic, l33t/1337/whatever-speak is very annoying. I pretty much ignore posts typed that way. :ermm:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A little l337 used as a joke is alright. Really, the only appliable rule (other than lurk a little and use the search funtion) is to use common sense to determine if your post makes you sound like an idiot.

Lets say the topic is "Was Kreia Evil?"

Good Post: Of course Kreia was evil. Not only did she [insert logical reason], but she [continue using facts, logic, and reasonable assumptions].

Good Post: First, I'd like to say hi, this is my first post. Anyway, I don't believe Kreia was truly evil because [insert relevent opinion based on facts from the game].

^Note the above post gave only a short introduction. If you feel the need to introduce yourself (I did when I first signed up) try to keep it short so you don't derail the thread. And for God's sakes, your life story doesn't need its own thread.

Bad Post: Kreia was a <beep>ing <beep> <beep> of a <beep> and if u disagre u r stoopid LOL11!

^Posts like the above make you look stupid, drunk, stoned, an attention whore, or any combination of the four.

Bad Post: Chewbacca rules!!!!!!1

^I still have nightmares about that. Please don't do it.

I'm not trying to be mean. Its the truth. The sooner you learn to deal with it, the better.

P.S. People posting on English boards who aren't native speakers acutally tend to have better English than most because they try so hard to pull it off. Most of the people with broken English are actually native speaking teens who have been corrupted by instant messaging.

sig2.gif

:p And NorCal is not 1337 or Netsp33k, it's a shortening of two words, usually used locally. Idiot. :)

:huh: that just say it all, by the way i thought it was pretty unverisal to say ppl for people however i'm a violator :thumbsup: and the idiot (oh yeah thats not flaming <_< )

by the way NorCal! NOR CAL *cough* poser *cough* what do you have a 14 ft tall truck 2

accept your hypocrite ways and please if you are going to make personal attacks make them coherent and not full of holes.

lata burger king

:geek: And NorCal is not 1337 or Netsp33k, it's a shortening of two words, usually used locally. Idiot. :geek:

:huh: that just say it all, by the way i thought it was pretty unverisal to say ppl for people however i'm a violator :lol: and the idiot (oh yeah thats not flaming <_< )

by the way NorCal! NOR CAL *cough* poser *cough* what do you have a 14 ft tall truck 2

accept your hypocrite ways and please if you are going to make personal attacks make them coherent and not full of holes.

lata burger king

Hey man, you don't need to prove anything to any of us. if someone calls you an idiot, the best choice is to refrain from commenting on it, otherwise you show how little self-control you have.

you also sounded extremely condescending when you said this, "accept your hypocrite ways and please if you are going to make personal attacks make them coherent and not full of holes." that was not wise to say considering that you are still new here and already have a bad rep IMO (and i think acronyms like that are okay to post, since i learned it from here and i am sure most people have used it too).

and i don't want to get into this pissing match, but when you said that his personal attacks weren't coherent, they were... and you might want to consider the holes of his argument in a different way, like he is just joking for the most part rather than use them as poor flak to launch back.

also, friendly advice: don't use so many emoticons, because that can get annoying too, like your first line had two "geek" faces. trust me, one face would have been enough and would've conveyed your idea much better by not being distracting.

EDIT:

:o Poor American education.

i know that you knew Gabrielle said that exact line when you wrote it. i recommend not using a line from 4 posts previous to yours. and i don't want to sound condescending either, i am sincerely trying to help you. you also present a good opportunity for other new arrivals to see what to do and what not to do, otherwise i would PM you.

Edited by Blank

I bow down to no one and if you think i'm an idiot go do your truffal shuffle in the void of space :lol:

i don't care about gaining your respect but disrespect me with your little stereotypes and expect to get it back from me unless the mods want to correct your misbehavior.

remember

YOU STARTED IT :o

and not to be rude but i'm sick of the helping because you know your not so don't try to be nice when your just trying to join in the merry bashing. i'll follow the tenets in the guidelines but i'm not following your initiation guidelines that you senior members want. get over the power trip and just chill, if your polite about maybe i'll listen but if you come at ppl (yes ppl) with your crap they most likely are goin to be difficult with you.

those are called social skills :lol:

and not to be rude but i'm sick of the helping because you know your not so don't try to be nice when your just trying to join in the merry bashing. i'll follow the tenets in the guidelines but i'm not following your initiation guidelines that you senior members want. get over the power trip and just chill, if your polite about maybe i'll listen but if you come at ppl (yes ppl) with your crap they most likely are goin to be difficult with you.

How did you get 116 posts in two days....

Dont get out much do you

please, i beseech you to read my last post once more and keep in mind that i want to help you be accepted here. i seriously am not on a power-trip, and if you still think i am, then i will officially stop bothering you about this stuff.

aww here come the stereotypes

lets not be a hypocrite, were on a gaming forum apart of topics such as the sexist game persona and what anime are you watching now. again coherent attacks plz oops please

is that how you say "i don't believe that you want to help me" ? because all you said was that i somehow stereotyped you, when i didn't do that at all. seriously. please, can you tell me how i was being a hypocrite so that i can better my personality? i really want to know and i won't flame you for anything you say.

Hey kid, catch!

• You are not making ANY sense.
  • You are not going to accomplish anything other than have most of the regulars here against you. This is not something you want, as it makes discussing anything next to impossible.
  • Stop spamming the emoticons. It makes you look even more childish (if such a thing is even possible).
  • Stop spamming, in general.
  • Drop the rebellious attitude. It's not "you against the world". You are just being childish for the sake of it. So deal with it.
  • "ppl" is not a word.

:lol:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

:whistles: Settle down guys. He's been talking with me via PM. It's going to take both sides to come to a compromise here. That's kinda what this thread is about.

Now...what do you guys ask of new members? and...

what do the new guys ask of the regulars ( besides courtesy of course )?

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

:whistles: Settle down guys. He's been talking with me via PM. It's going to take both sides to come to a compromise here. That's kinda what this thread is about.

Now...what do you guys ask of new members? and...

what do the new guys ask of the regulars ( besides courtesy of course )?

Child's "asshattery" isn't unusual...and is actually quite entertaining. He just reacts to stupidity with a nice little insult or two. Perfectly reasonable, IMO. :)

This new guy is just.....hell, he annoys even me. Acting like he is just doesn't help, and only serves to piss people off.

My advice is to behave, shut up, and move on. :)

Now for something constructive: Don't do what moreKOTORplz is doing and you'll be fine.

If this constitutes as flaming, my apologies...just had to dig my car out of a snowy ditch to get home and I'm a bit fed up with morons for the day. >_<

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast