Newbie Guide

Child of Flame

1. Use the search function, it is your friend.

2. Lurk for awhile. Feel the place out, look at what draws the wrath of the forumites and what they laugh at, try and fly under the radar rather than pissing everybody off your first week here.

3. Netsp33k and 1337sp33k are generally looked down upon here, please to be composing your posts with complete sentences and proper English.

4. There is only one KotOR3 topic at a time, the current one is here.

Please to be adding other worthwhile and helpful suggestions for the newbies, I will edit the original post with suggestions that are not blatant spam or prick waving.

5. Read the Forum Guidelines above all else:

Users may also create a signature that appears at the end of every post.

• Such signatures should remain at six(6) lines or less of text without imagery,
  • or at most two(2) lines of text with imagery.
  • All images, regardless of text configuration, must fit within a perimeter of 125 pixels high by 600 pixels wide.

Because: If you make a sig that is a mile long most users will come down as a bit hostile and moderators are likely to delete your posts.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Why would he be that? Your sig is only one of the most annoying things I've ever experienced. (except for the malware infection I had to battle for four hours straight this morning, hug please.) :">

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Am I sensing hostility directed toward me Jan?  :geek:

I AM terribly annoyed by your sig, simply because it's annoying, but that's not the entire scope of my post. Some time ago someone with a half bible in his sig (50 lines or more) was posting and kept having his posts deleted (fortunately).

...(except for the malware infection I had to battle for four hours straight this morning, hug please.)  :">

Such a brave soldier as yourself deserves this: kiss.gif

I just wanted an excuse to use that really... sorry!

Isn't it the official second language of Japan?  :geek:

Could become the language of South-Korea  :wub:

I think those remarks could easily be considered racist... despite me knowing that it wasn't meant as such from such lovely forum members as yourselves :)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Racist?  Nah.  If I was being racist I would say something about boiled dog in a hentai or something.

I know you're not being racist Mr. Hades... that's why I said it COULD be considered racist... and obviously by someone else :blink:

Edited by Darth Launch

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

*stares at a sandbox* Did it move a little closer, just now?

I am sure a newbie will find this derailment very useful to get in line with the trends of this forum. Which kinda makes me think that maybe a newbie guide should include something about reading the first post in any thread at least once to avoid being led astray by view last... :blink:

An intelligent mod should sticky this!

When you find one, let me know. :blink:

Actually, if you guys can come up with something reasonable and comprehensive, we can condense the spam out of it and sticky it. ( Providing I'm not stepping on anyone's toes anyway ).

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

So if we have this newbie guide, maybe the regulars will treat them with an ounce of respect for once?

Mothie, did I ever give you any grief when you were a newbie? Did I ever give anyone grief when they were a newbie that didn't deserve it? I don't think I have, though once or twice I might've said something mean on a bad day. I am only mean to n00bs, a different thing from newbies entirely, even though the word is said the same way.

Also, the comments about 1337sp33k and South Korea were funny, and made sense if you consider how seriously they take their 'competitive' online gaming there. I didn't see anything racist about it.

I really don't have a problem with people who are unfamiliar with the English language and doing their best to post (I've never been mean to Finger of Death have I?) but it's people who speak it fluently, but decide to use net sp33k because it saves them .02 seconds between posts that get on my nerves.

So if we have this newbie guide, maybe the regulars will treat them with an ounce of respect for once?

An ounce of respect is what you have when you sign up. It's called "being afforded the benefit of doubt". You may lose it by acting stupid or being annoying; or you may earn some more respect by posting intelligently.

Again, don't try to make this look like us regulars are on the prowl for some newb to sign up so we can tear him up, because that is not the case. And you know it.

Also, what Darque said is exactly what I said in the other post, before it "was spammed". But hey, don't mind me...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.