Monitor keeps entering sleep mode in KOTOR 2

Hey everyone. I've got a weird problem here. I'm on Goto's ship, and while I'm playing, my monitor will just randomly go to sleep, thereby locking my computer to the point where CTRL - ALT - DEL won't even restart. I have to do a hard restart of my system. Here are my specs:

P4 2.5 ghz

512 megs ram

256 meg Radeon 9600 pro

18" hp 1825 lcd

It hasn't given me these problems up to this point. I updated my Catalyst drivers to the newest ones, still puts my monitor to sleep. My power settings are set to always on. Ugh. I have no clue what's going on. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

If it was a CRT monitor I'd tell you to stop beating your monitor, because they power cord WILL eject eventually... (happens to me quite often). :geek:

When your monitor goes to sleep, you can still hear the sounds of K2, even when walking around in the blind?

(Signatures: disabled) 

Pull out a gun, heavy steel rod, or some other heavy object capable of doing extensive damage to your monitor....shoot, smash, throw...said object directly towards the screen watching as millions of tiny particles of glass go spewing all over the place.

Report a totally weird, really mind blowing, freak accident that involved you monitor to your significant other, parents, grand parents....whomever fits the bill the best...explaining that you are in dire need of a new LCD monitor for Christmas. :D

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

• 2 weeks later...