n00b Guide

Child of Flame

Anyone think it would be a good idea to compose a stickied topic that holds helpful hints and tips for n00bs so they act just a little less offensively when they first join the forums? Maybe it would help avoid posts like this:

1 if i was from england i would care but i'm not so deal with the email lingo

2 its mcdonalds not macdonalds

3 i don't care if i have violated your nerdom bc last time i checked it is obsidian forums not wacko crazied english nerd pub forums

LASTLY if you don't like the dam topic go take your little flame broiled ass to another flippin topic

*jesus get a life :blink: *

oh and if you don't like americans don't consume are products ahole :(

First few I can think of:

1. Use the search function, it is your friend.

2. Lurk for awhile. Feel the place out, look at what draws the wrath of the forumites and what they laugh at, try and fly under the radar rather than pissing everybody off your first week here.

3. Netsp33k and 1337sp33k are generally looked down upon here, please to be composing your posts with complete sentences and proper English.

4. There is only one KotOR3 topic at a time, the current one is here.

Regardless if it is actually made I can justify myself when I flame the n00bs. :blink:

Mostly its just using common sense and acting respectful.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

So what? Time has proven that the kind of posters this particular moron belongs to is unable to read, at all. Creating such a thing as a "n00b guide" would be a wasted effort. Keep shooting 'em down, and they'll either learn, or get frustrated and leave.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

No. Topics are not "gone" (as in deleted) unless they were unappropriate to begin with.

The search function isn't there just for kicks, you know.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Numbers man has a very valid point - the posters that seem to get COF all hot and bothered are not going to "waste" their time reading even a very concise post of guidelines.

They will simply create more and more topics until the fabric of the internet stretches to the breaking point, ripping an actual hole in cyberspace.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

i didn't see any topic on bioware or pandemic merger, give me the link!

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=37906&hl=

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=37913&hl=

Both started on Nov 3rd.

EDIT: Dang, beaten.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

rule #1

You are your posts: on a message board such as this one, reputation is everything, so reflect upon your actions and words before you hit the "Add Reply" button.

rule #2

The use of profanity creates a rebuttable presumption that the author lacked the imagination, intelligence and self-control necessary to avoid this board

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Frankly I think everyone who posted in this topic (Gromnir excluded) deserves a good spanking. *pulls out paddle*

And CoF, seriously, get over it. I'm not excusing the MKP's "rude behavior", but you started everything by throwing your little "I hate noobs" tantrum. Seriously, not every new poster is going to do a thorough search of these forums before posting a topic. Deal with it.

Edited by Mothman