What do they yell when fighting?

Sikon

Sorry for a stupid question, but I don't get some of the lines the party members are yelling when fighting, especially Atton. (Believe it or not, I heard Disciple's "You have left me an opening" as "You have left me another thing" before someone on the forum posted the correct version.) Two of Atton's lines I mishear as "More with that king from" (or possibly "More with acting from") and "Time to kick (pick?) you down the sides". What does he actually say?

Sorry for a stupid question, but I don't get some of the lines the party members are yelling when fighting, especially Atton. (Believe it or not, I heard Disciple's "You have left me an opening" as "You have left me another thing" before someone on the forum posted the correct version.) Two of Atton's lines I mishear as "More with that king from" (or possibly "More with acting from") and "Time to kick (pick?) you down the sides". What does he actually say?

"More where that came from" and not totally sure on the last one as I haven't heard it in awhile, but " Time to kick you down to size."

Ah, the joys of English. You're in for a treat.

Not.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"More where that came from" -- vernacular jargon meaning "I am ready to dispense more pain and damage upon you," meant as a threat.

"Time to kick you down to size" -- vernacular jargon meaning "I am prepared to reduce your self-image from 'formidable' to 'weakling,'" or meaning something along the lines of "I am prepared to humiliate you into not seeming very tough." Similar to the vernacular phrases "take the wind out of your sails" or "knock you down a peg or two."

evil_twin.jpg

Isn't the correct version: "Time to take you down to size!"?

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Not surprising Bao-Dur reminds you of Darth Maul, given they're the same species (Zabrak).

Disciple "You have left me an opening!" You figure it out.
I know what many people presume, but it's not the case. Someone explained it previously.

Not surprising Bao-Dur reminds you of Darth Maul, given they're the same species (Zabrak).
Disciple "You have left me an opening!" You figure it out.
I know what many people presume, but it's not the case. Someone explained it previously.

well don't blame him for not seeing the link, bao is as soft as butter.

hardly maul worthy

Just because I'm sick of people referring to Disciple being gay. I don't think he was ever intended to be gay and I don't understand how everyone got that impression... but that's another topic entirely.

For those who don't fully understand, "You have left me an opening." refers to the enemy leaving himself open to Disciple's attack. I don't think it could really apply in a game like KotOR, but imagine playing any kind of multi player game where you battle other players. If the other player does something that leaves you free to attack, looks the wrong way, (FPS games like Quake and James Bond) or takes his army off somewhere away from base... (RTS games like Warcraft, Command and Conquer, Starcraft) If any of you are trained in hand to hand combat you will understand this concept perfectly. The point is this, when your enemy leaves himself undefended to an attack, that is "leaving an opening" and that is what Disciple is referring to.

• 3 weeks later...

think about that on kotor one carth says (down you go)

yeah it really disturbs me a bit on Kotor. Iif you kill his son on Korriban, Carth screams "Down you go!" while he shoots at his son, and afterwards he get's all sad. i know that it's all in the programming, but it's just strange.

Yeah, that was hilarious. I tortured Dustil to death. Plague, choking, insanity... I made it as slow as I could.

I didn't like Carth much...

Isn't the correct version: "Time to take you down to size!"?

Yes, yes it is.

For those who don't fully understand, "You have left me an opening." refers to the enemy leaving himself open to Disciple's attack.

That's how I've always seen it, especially since I believe that's his critical-strike cry. But I also understand why people joke about the...other thing.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That Disciple is an odd one. The VO talent should have suggested a different line than "You have left me an opening!" That can be interpreted in such a wrong way.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm sorry, you people need to get out of the gutter.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

This won't take long! - Kreia

Yaaaaah!! - Kreia

(Thats) another one for me! - Mira

Let's get this over with! - Bao-Dur

Combat mode: Active! -Hk-47

I shall/will honour them with battle! - Handmaiden

I shall make this one see! - Visas Marr

Together then! - Disciple

For clan Ordo! - Mandalore

I'm not sure about some, that's why I put ()'s around them.

And these are far from all battlecrys.. but I just dont have time to write them al down now (and I wont do so later).

Thats all from Swedish Dark Lord III, signing out.

Edited by The Swedish Dark Lord III

It is not that bad.

Juhani's "I vill be your doom!!" is the worst battle cry. It is one of the main reasons I never use Juhani.

Mission's "You'll pay" is also a very very annoying one. Pay for what?

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

For those who don't fully understand, "You have left me an opening." refers to the enemy leaving himself open to Disciple's attack.

That's how I've always seen it, especially since I believe that's his critical-strike cry. But I also understand why people joke about the...other thing.

Well, it is a subject that is in 75 percent of Gabrielle's posts.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.