Metroid Prime.

I've played this before, but last time I guess I just wasnt in the mood for that type of game since I quit somewhere in the ruins. Started playing it again yesterday and got totally hooked. It reminds me a lot of Zelda , similar sort of puzzles (the jumping bits are annoying, especially the timed ones but not enough to make me throw down the pad yet). Since it's the hoildays (and people wont stop bloody calling or visiting) its good to have something that you can just drop at moments notice.

If I enjoy it this much to the end I'll definately be getting the second one.

Calling it an FPS seems wrong since it's so much more than that.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I've played this before, but last time I guess I just wasnt in the mood for that type of game since I quit somewhere in the ruins. Started playing it again yesterday and got totally hooked. It reminds me a lot of Zelda , similar sort of puzzles (the jumping bits are annoying, especially the timed ones but not enough to make me throw down the pad yet). Since it's the hoildays (and people wont stop bloody calling or visiting) its good to have something that you can just drop at moments notice.

If I enjoy it this much to the end I'll definately be getting the second one.

Hmm...I couldn't really get into it, either.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Your a strange one...

You won't call Metroid Prime a FPS because it's so much more...

But you will say Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows an RPG simply because it has stats and growth? :blink:

~ and lacks everything an RPG should have.

Anyways, your right.

It's a great game. One of those games that makes me glad my friend has a GC I can borrow. ^_^

Edited by Haitoku

Trouble with Metroid Prime is if you take a break it's real difficult to pick up where you left off. Really is a holiday game.

Guess I'm lucky that my previous game was a whooping 4% :"> Made it really easy to start over.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Trouble with Metroid Prime is if you take a break it's real difficult to pick up where you left off. Really is a holiday game.

Yeah but I guess that's a problem with a lot of non-linear games. When you haven't picked it up in a while you can't remember what you did and what you didn't...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Alas, I've never had the privelege of playing Metroid Prime. Too bad, as it's one of the few Gamecube games I'd wanted to play. The one thing I found annoying though was having to push a button just to be able to look up and down.

Edited by Mothman

There have been moments where I was fed up of platforms.

Overall though it's enjoyable. One of the big reasons is that you cant actually die from falling, 'cause given the scarcity of save points that would get old really fast.

I just need to collect the last suit and then hunt for the relics.

478327[/snapback]

I love this game but since I got stuck (read: thrashed, hammered, shafted and/or raped) on the Omega Pirate, I haven't played it since. Shame really.

I killed it yesterday and it wasnt easy. The key to most of the bosses is to scan them. Much like Zelda, it's not about being super fast it's about finding out the weakness of the creature you are facing.

Something that I discovered after my 8th Omega Pirate :"> But I was kind of enjoying shooting things.

478327[/snapback]

I love this game but since I got stuck (read: thrashed, hammered, shafted and/or raped) on the Omega Pirate, I haven't played it since. Shame really.

I killed it yesterday and it wasnt easy. The key to most of the bosses is to scan them. Much like Zelda, it's not about being super fast it's about finding out the weakness of the creature you are facing.

Something that I discovered after my 8th Omega Pirate :"> But I was kind of enjoying shooting things.

omg if something doesn't die when you shoot in the head, hax tbh!

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

MetaRidley is seriously annoying when on his last sliver of health. If I can actually kill the it should be at the end today, or perhaps tommorow depending what crops up.

Excellent game though. Really pushes the definition of FPS, as well as being something every GC owner should have.

Still not sure about Hunters on the DS.

478327[/snapback]

Oh man, I feel your pain.  MetaRidley is a bastard to kill even after you've played the game several times. 

By collecting all the stuffs I meant all the various powerups and such, that affect your level of completion of the game.

Time for another round. It's crazy I can get him down to 10% without any problem. But that last 10% is a killer.

Oh I didnt know that. I think I have around 70%

478327[/snapback]

Might wanna backtrack and find all the missle caches then, only if you want the good ending though.  :)

Umm... Looking at the size of those maps I'm not sure I want to.

Then again I could use some extra missiles for Meta Ridley anyway. Extra health tank or two wouldnt hurt either I guess.

478327[/snapback]

I won't tell if you use an FAQ.  :-"

I will if I replay the game. Don't like to on first plays, since It kills my sense of satisfaction.

As long as I play during the day I can hear the missile packs. But early morning I have the sound right down so as not to wake anyone up.

478327[/snapback]

I'm playing Prime 2 right now, I'm in the "Tech" stages (forgot the name), but my GC has been running for 3 days straight because I was far from a save point and I didn't want to just turn it off but havn't gotten back to playing it yet >_<

A 360 would have long since set my house on fire