FF7 Advent Children

ramza

I dowloaded the movie with english fansubs and watched a while ago... what can I say? It was great!!!!! The battles were kind of exaggerated but if you are used to animes, then it will ok for you. The graphics were amazing and the music was cool. It's a 1h40min action-packed movie. You also get to see how Cloud struggles with his own guilt (of not being able to save Aeris).

I felt so nostalgic when I saw again the characters of the very first rpg I ever played. Cloud, Tifa, RedXIII and... Aeris! Damn, I absolutely have to play it again during christmas!

This game was the best FF game ever made... I don't think we will ever see one like that... Square-Enix ought to make a remake of that one...

Also, I think that this one is far better than FF: the spirits within (which wasn't bad either, but didn't have any connection with the traditional ff formula).

has anyone else watched it?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Spirits Within was bad, baaad.

I sorta agree with you on Advent Children. Granted, it's not brightest of the bunch, but the over-the-top action, grand scenes and familiar characters got me. Seen it twice and liked both. It has an odd pacing, however, and might not appeal to everyone.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

true enough... people who haven't played the game won't understand very much the plot, despite the short resume of the game's story at the beginning. Also, the movie does indeed have an odd pacing: one event is happening after another without any kind of transition between scenes... well, what can you expect from a one-and-a-half hour movie? I loved it anyway...

just a question: where is your avatar coming from? an anime? I have never seen a teddy bear with an eyepatch before...

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

http://www.applegeeks.com/

^From there.

:">

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I watched Spirits Within with my Wife and Father-in-law, and we all loved it. They knew nothing about Final Fantasy either, but they thought it was beautifully artistic and very good voice acting.

It also didn't flop, it took in over 88 milion dollars...the problem is it cost 110 million to make. They just need to create a better budget scheme for these animated movies, because not all of them can be kid blockbusters like Toy Story and Madagascar.

LOL

Well, sometimes. Other times it's like a crappy schoolboy fantasy..

kirottu said:

I watched Spirits Within with my Wife and Father-in-law, and we all loved it.  They knew nothing about Final Fantasy either, but they thought it was beautifully artistic and very good voice acting. 

It also didn't flop, it took in over 88 milion dollars...the problem is it cost 110 million to make.  They just need to create a better budget scheme for these animated movies, because not all of them can be kid blockbusters like Toy Story and Madagascar.

I liked it too...it was beautifully done, and deserved more acclaim than it was granted. Keeping in mind, however, that I've never played a FF game to fruition, and have very limited experience with the franchise.

I also found SW's plot to be a bit laughable at points...and cohesion was a problem.

I'll see AC when I get bored enough to download it, so in other words, any day now. :(

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

In a nutshell the plot is that every planet has it's own Gaia spirit. The aliens destroyed their homeworld and a fragment of the Gaia spirit from their world infected the earth one, which gave rise to the phantoms (The spirits of the dead aliens).

The wave was to bring harmony between the alien Gaia and the indigenous Gaia. Which it ultimately did.

I'd love to see an FFX movie, so if I ever get 100 million thats what Im going to spend it on :D

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

In a nutshell the plot is that every planet has it's own Gaia spirit. The aliens destroyed their homeworld and a fragment of the Gaia spirit from their world infected the earth one, which gave rise to the phantoms (The spirits of the dead aliens).

The wave was to bring harmony between the alien Gaia and the indigenous Gaia. Which it ultimately did.

I'd love to see an FFX movie, so if I ever get 100 million thats what Im going to spend it on :D

I knew that, Paladin, but thanks for the info, regardless.

Still, I don't get how, or why, the alien spirits "stole" the spirits of the earth's denizens. And, along that train of thought, what happened to those spirits which were taken? Just didn't make any sense to me.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I knew that, Paladin, but thanks for the info, regardless.

Still, I don't get how, or why, the alien spirits "stole" the spirits of the earth's denizens. And, along that train of thought, what happened to those spirits which were taken? Just didn't make any sense to me.

They were "eaten" to feed the alien Gaia.

It's similiar to the FFVII plot in a couple of ways. You know how they were processing souls to use as fuel ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

AC... great graphics, fun action, and it was probably worth it just for the sake of seeing FF7 things on high-res. :( Of course, the story was about as good as an internet fanfiction IMO (rehash sephiroth, etc, etc). But meh, I don't think the point was to marvel at the story.

Just a weird thing I saw in the movie was that Tcheng (or whatever his name was) - the leader of the Turks - was alive. I thought he was killed in the game by Sephiroth in that sort of ancient pyramid... It's just weird...

Despite being more and more antijapanese for every day, I watched this film too. At first you are fooled to believe it has some sort of depth but its really just the old

"The badguys want to awaken the ancient evil again.."

Although I understand Sepiroth had only been dead a few years.

p,s

And I couldnt tell the two long-haired villains from eachother.. nor did I figure out if they were male or female until about an hour into the film.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The story was nothing to brag about. But the art direction was really good. And ofcourse seing Cloud, Tifa, Barrett, The Turks, Cid, Vincent, Aeris, Sephiroth, Yuffie and Bahamut, the King of dragons again was the best part of the movie.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

^Agreed.

kirottu said:

The story was nothing to brag about. But the art direction was really good. And ofcourse seing Cloud, Tifa, Barrett, The Turks, Cid, Vincent, Aeris, Sephiroth, Yuffie and Bahamut, the King of dragons again was the best part of the movie.

I thought the art direction was what the movie was all about. I'm not ripping on the story or anything, but it certainly wasn't as captivating as the amazing computer generated images. Of course, i never played the game :) so it doesn't mean as much to me as it does to others when it comes to seeing the characters again and having them finish the story.

:ermm: "YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT!?"

i know, i know, i haven't played it, but i did play FF9 for the PS and that was one of the best CRPG's i have ever played. so i can guess what FF7 was like.

** looks at own SN... thinks to self, "yes, i quite liked FF9." **

Edited by Blank